PDA

View Full Version : Dash Redo

HondaBoy
06-07-2003, 10:11 PM
hey, i know some of yall have taken ur dashes off and colored them different with the spray colors. i dont like to call it spray paint. neway, i got my honda repair manual to find out how to do this. it says to mark all the wire harnesses that are supposed to be disconnected. would this be the best idea so i dont mess anything up by connecting them wrong? and also, how should i go about taking the speedometers cable off. will i need to be careful when reconnecting it? or is it just plug back in and doesnt have to be put on a special way? i tried taking it off, but had some trouble getting it off from the left driver side. maybe the wires were holding on? cuz all the bolts were out and it could be moved "freely". any advise would be great. as for the doors that im also going to be doing, those are easy.

HondaBoy
06-08-2003, 09:57 AM
anybody got any expert advise?

cdscowboy
06-08-2003, 11:19 AM
The speedometer (or tach...can't remember!!) has a little cable that connects to it. You'll have to unhook that, in addition to all the wire harnesses off the back of the gauge pod. It'd be a heck of a lot easier for you just to take out the whole gauge pod and go from there. Good luck :)