PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Beam or H4 Conversion

HondaBoy
06-08-2003, 10:01 AM
ok, im talking about headlights if u didnt already know. im wondering who here still has sealed beam headlights on their 3gee and who has the H4 conversions. for me, i got the H4 conversion. its soooo much brighter than my old sealed beam halogens. even though the lights that are in there are halogen, they are much brighter than the xenon filled ones. i can actually see at night, unlike those blue ones some people get. so what headlights do u have?

cdscowboy
06-08-2003, 11:16 AM
signature

vvvvvvvv

rehv_Aerodeck86
06-08-2003, 11:24 AM
H4, i purchased new ones (2 pcs) for 35$ and dropped Bosch Xenon blue bulbs in :rolleyes: my right light isn't attached very well ..so i have to replace the bulb in 5 months - better to do that if it's H4 than sealed beam

pimp86LX
06-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Sealed. I bought the "cool blue" 's They aren't blue but MUCH brighter.

shepherd79
06-08-2003, 02:21 PM
H4 conversion with Raybrig white sonic. http://store.yahoo.com/racinglab/raywhitsonh4.html

88' Accord Ltd
06-08-2003, 02:48 PM
H4s here, I just need to buy some nicer bulbs..but they still look better than the halogens!! :D

crwa
06-08-2003, 03:58 PM
H4's, with red city lights for me...

RobT5580
06-08-2003, 04:37 PM
I have the H4 conversion but now im working on xenon lights since i got the setup for free from work. I was working on it tonight and the only problem i can see is that with the projector portion of it they are a tad longer than the accord bulb housing. I plan on buying a new set of housings to modify since im in no hurry and i want them to come out perfect and look good.

HondaBoy
06-08-2003, 09:01 PM
ah, found something interesting out. my mom works with lighting and stuff. she always told me that halogen is actually brighter than xenon. ive found that out between my other friends cars with xenon headlights, and mine that are halogen. they always think i have some specialy lights, but they are just GE brand super blues. they arent blue, but they are bright. i still want something even brighter. i found these H4s imported from Japan. they are halogen but are supposed to be like those raybrig and PIAAs. i can get the pair for $20!!! i think i should buy them. if i dont like em, i can sell em to someone that wants them. i probley will like them if i get em.

RobT5580
06-09-2003, 06:57 AM
I like my H4 bulbs but their is now way it has a beam of light like the xenon set up i have. I messed around with it last night and i cant beleive the width of the beam and how far it goes with the projector. The thing with xenon lighting is they are aimed towards the ground so the lights dont blind on coming cars but the beam goes much farther and brighter than halogen bulbs.

OldSchoolSwap
06-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by RobT5580
I like my H4 bulbs but their is now way it has a beam of light like the xenon set up i have. I messed around with it last night and i cant beleive the width of the beam and how far it goes with the projector. The thing with xenon lighting is they are aimed towards the ground so the lights dont blind on coming cars but the beam goes much farther and brighter than halogen bulbs.
What exacly did you modify? I'm having trouble understanding, our H4 conversion housings usually don't come with projectors in them. Please clarify my confusion :)

RobT5580
06-10-2003, 06:49 AM
No i would have to modify the whole housing to fit the projector in it. Basically the Audi headlight has a projector housing that comes out in one piece and holds the xenon bulb as well. The main problem is the length of the whole unit is about the length of the h4 housing itself. Im thinking of getting the completely plastic H4 housing instead of my current one which is part glass. Then i can cut a whole for the projector to stick out which may give me enough clearance to fit them in the housing. Im not in a rush so it will be some time before i finish it since i have to buy new h4 housings.

Sabz5150
06-10-2003, 08:22 AM
H4's for me :)

SiR
06-10-2003, 08:45 AM
H4 here too!
Thanks Juan for the bulbs, I didnt want to buy another set of PIAAs, these very good! What kind are they?

HondaBoy
06-11-2003, 10:19 PM
ok, i was wondering also if i was the only one that got water in the H4 housing. i see cdscowboy has made some cool rear covers for his H4s. looks like a piece of metal shaped to fit nicely behind the place where the bulb fits into the housing and it plugs into. i think i should make some type of cover to keep water from gettin in. also, maybe a new seal could help also. i used the original one that was on the sealed beam cuz the one it came with didnt fit. anyone got any tips for keeping moisture outta my headlight housings?

MrBen
06-11-2003, 11:02 PM
I siliconed mine and then made my own cover like cdscowboy. My drivers side is still leaking a little though, not sure why. I'll have to check it out.

A20A1
06-12-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
Sealed. I bought the "cool blue" 's They aren't blue but MUCH brighter.

Yeah I had those on for a while... I like my Toucan's with Sylvania bulbs though.

smufguy
06-12-2003, 07:06 PM
still got the Sealed ones here. Got a brand new, HO (high output) halogen bulbs.