PDA

View Full Version : Hope It Works

upersleder
06-06-2002, 02:56 PM
well took some advise off here, hope it works i may have gone too far. well you guys said to stiffen up the right rear, so i had the whole back suspension out, changing it from a doner car, took (cut) the struts off. i pounded out the outer bushing and welded a 1/2" washer on each side and ground it down and put it back in. drilled the hole to 1/2" and tapped the nut. took off the spring, and was looking how to shim it. well the easiest way i came up with was to cut the spring perch off the shock, moved it up and welded it back. now i went 2" up. WHAT A CHANGE!! you wouldnt want to go that far normally, i will run it and see how it goes. if it helps, hell its stayin right there. i also took the penalty they want to give me and turned it into a + they want the trunk tinned in, so i tinned in the front and the back, (makes it easier to hide the strut brace) i also removed the exhaust (30 lbs) and next week i'll shed a few more pounds. i'll let ya know how it works! later steve
http://www.geocities.com/branzracing/homepage.html

Jims 86LXI HB
06-06-2002, 03:06 PM
;) I guess their are ways around new rules.:D

upersleder
06-06-2002, 03:32 PM
and you would have to look really hard to tell i cut it off and re-welded it in a different place! :D