PDA

View Full Version : junkyard

stizle
06-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Aight i found a junkyard just about 15 minutes from me and it specializes in hondas, so when i go there what exactly do i tell them?

I basically just want to look through the cars that they have and see if i can find anything that i could possibly use!!

:confused:

johndej
06-08-2003, 05:15 PM
look for an se-i and then anything else you may need on your car. the reason you would want the se-i is cause they have full leather, disk brakes, center console w/ cup holders, and an armrest thingy too. there may be other things you want but thats what you can get from an se-i.

MrBen
06-08-2003, 05:21 PM
I want that cupholder bad. I am almost ready to just make my own out of plastic instead of finding one.

87accordlxi
06-08-2003, 06:29 PM
just go to the front desk and ask them if they have any 86-89 accords. they'll probably say yes, since i havent come across a "you-pull-it" junkyard that doesnt have any of our cars in it. you'll probably have to put your name on a sign-in/out sheet just so they know who's out in the yard. then just walk out there and have fun! when you're done just go back, sign out, and show them what you find, they'll throw a price at you and you go home.

some junkyards have a sign-in/out, and some dont.

stizle
06-08-2003, 07:57 PM
it is a salvage yard is that the same as a junkyard and do the same rules apply everywhere????

pimp86LX
06-08-2003, 08:04 PM
rules are dependant on the yard. Around here there are NO..and i mean NO pick-and-pull yards

they go in and get it for you, then rape you in $$

Silver86LX
06-08-2003, 08:11 PM
There's a pick and pull near where I live. It's about 20 mins away in Cookstown. I haven't been there myself but this guy I know has. He said it was a pretty good place. They just let you in and pick what you want.

88' Accord Ltd
06-08-2003, 08:12 PM
We have "pick-a-part" yards here. But they have a bunch of rules now because some guy got hurt in the domestic yard...:rolleyes:

Brettmans5
06-10-2003, 02:25 AM
thats normal.....an idiot ruins it for everyone.... the place i go to asks to check your tool box on the way in and on the way out...thats cool, i just hate it if i have my tools with me and some guy who is looking for a part for his caravan, explorer or whatever domestic family "Bus" he has, comes wandering over and asks if he can use my tools, and gets all bitch at me when i say no. Sorry dude spent close to $20,000 on them
(only a small portition of that can fit into the mobile box mind you) and i ain't in the habit of letting them out of my sight, let alone lending them to some bozo who can't tell the diffence between a flare nut wrench and a regular one, and second of all if you can't be bothered to hike your own tools in here guess you have to hike it back to your car for them...... i am a little more willing to lend a tool to a guy who has his own tools but has forgotten or lost the one wrench or socket need to get the part he came looking for.