PDA

View Full Version : rebuild kit

wannaswapab20
06-08-2003, 06:15 PM
o guys i got my self hod of an 89 lxi engine the a20a3 out of a totaled accord with 130.000 on it i want to build it up to drop in my lude i was wondering if i can get a rebuild kit for it anywhere? or some performace inards i can droip into it

infecto
06-08-2003, 07:49 PM
got to the auto part store to get a rebuild kit. by performance parts seperately.

wannaswapab20
06-08-2003, 07:55 PM
yea but can i get llighter pistons or something to throw into it , i just want to kno what all i can get along the lines of aftermarket performance parts to throw into it. and any auto parts store has a rebuild kit? how much do htey run u kno? can i find them anywhere online?

shepherd79
06-09-2003, 03:30 AM
lighter pistons? you mean stronger pistons. you can get them, but it will have to custom job. it will cost you a lot.
Why would you want it unless you are going with turbo.
do the search on pistons,and you should find a lot of info.

88LXi68
06-09-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
lighter pistons? you mean stronger pistons. you can get them, but it will have to custom job. it will cost you a lot.
Why would you want it unless you are going with turbo.
do the search on pistons,and you should find a lot of info.

not neccessarily. he may want more compression. In either case contact a piston company and they will make you a custom set but you will have to send yours out to them. I am guessing it would cost around $400-500.