PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr!

Silver86LX
06-08-2003, 07:42 PM
So I was at the drive-in on Saturday night with a few people. We were going to stay for the second show but it was kinda boring so we decided to leave and go to the beach for a bit. But as I pulled out of my spot I completely forgot that I was parked really close to this pole that used to be used for speakers (now you just tune into a certain station to hear the movie). Anyways I started driving off and hit the pole and made a huge gash on the passenger side from the front door all the way to my rear fender.:mad: The front door is no problem to fix. A little body filler and some paint will be fine. But the rear passenger door is another story. I'm going to have to either bang it out or put on a new door. But luckily a friend of mine has an '86 EXi sitting in his backyard and he's willing to give me one of his doors and help me fix the damage. I was just wondering if it would be easier to take the door off, put my interior panel on and paint it, or bang out the huge dent and put on some body filler and paint it. I'm hoping that I can do this myself because I'm kinda low on funds right now.

Oh yea and another thing is that this EXi has power windows and locks and mine has doesn't, so would I run into any problems?

88' Accord Ltd
06-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Personally I would take the door off of the EX-i. It's already in good shape from what I know, since you'll be painting anyways it won't be a big issue. As for the power windows and locks. You are going to ahve to swap out your manual crank from your door and change the panel. Don't worry about the wiring because your car already has them in the doors anyways. I did this for 2 of my doors when I had my 88. Except I was taking the manual cranks out and putting the power ones in. You shouldn't have a problem there.