PDA

View Full Version : Brake sqeeak

K DASH
06-08-2003, 10:23 PM
I notice that my brakes make an anoyying squeaking sound when I dont depress the pedal. I check the brake fluid and its about half an inch from the "minimum" line. I went out and bought some Brake fluid gonna fill it up tomorrow. filling it up should solve that squeaking/scraping problem right?

anchovies
06-08-2003, 10:42 PM
No.
The pads might already be worn down to the metal indicator. That's why you hear the squek when u step on the brakes. The metal is scrapping on your rotors. If you don't change it now, you'll be needing to change/turn the rotors also.

If the pads check out fine, then just get some brake cleaner and spray liberally.

K DASH
06-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Its when I dont depress the brake is when it sqeaks, when i apply even the slighest pressure, it goes away. but driving regularly, it'll sqeak constantly.

Coitis1
06-09-2003, 06:22 AM
it's the pads, more than likely. that happened on my old car and the pads were worn, but it also had other brake problems too. U might wanna go get it checked out.

bigpoppa88
06-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Probably the wear indicators....it's a metal tab on your front pads, when they begin to "squeek" they are telling you the pads are ready to be changed......the tabs are rubbing against the rotors causing the squeek.