PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Dumbass

NOAHS88accord
06-08-2003, 11:56 PM
my timing belt broke today when i was starting my car up, it didnt even turn over just made a snap sound, so i knew it was the timing belt, (needed replaced annyways) well heres where the dumbass part comes in, i tried to take the pulley on the top off, the one next to the valve cover, well when i turned the ratchet, the bolt snapped,

heres my question, is it expensive to get it drilled out and have a new one installed? or should i just go to a junkyard and get a new head?

I appreciate all answers thanks

also I might just convert to efi now as a project since its not driveable for a while, just gotta find an efi accord around here

Blue Impact
06-09-2003, 12:24 AM
You're a dumbass...:D just kidding, man. Stuff like that does happen when you panic and tend to get careless. If you're thinking about going EFI then might as well get a new engine. If I were you, I'd probably just get a new head (that's if I'm not going EFI).

NOAHS88accord
06-09-2003, 12:40 AM
if i go with a b20, what all do i have to do, besides the engine, trans, ecu, wiring, axles, and mounts? do i need a new pump/fuel tank or anything like that, cause i want to convert to EFI but i want a B20 so bad they are awesome, plus i could blow all these little civic fags away

Blue Impact
06-09-2003, 12:55 AM
I've never done a swap before, so I can't answer much. However, if you're doing a B20 swap, I think the A20 tranny should be fine. I don't think a new fuel pump or tank would be necessary.

shepherd79
06-09-2003, 03:11 AM
if i was you, i would just get a new cam.

Trowa
06-09-2003, 03:46 PM
I don't think the A20 tranny fits on B20, at least that's what I was told when i asked about that, and don't need mounts cause it uses the same mounting points as A20. I could be wrong though.

mindlos
06-09-2003, 06:35 PM
I agree with shep here. Why all the trouble if a(n) engine/head swap was not planned in the first place? All the cam gear screws into is the camshaft. Should be cheap at the junkyard if you cant get the bolt stub out of the current camshaft.

NOAHS88accord
06-09-2003, 07:43 PM
anybody got an extra one? the junkyards around here wont sell just the camshaft, they want to sell the entire head for like 200 bucks, and a new one is 140, i want to fix it for now because i plan on swapping in a b20 and doing a carbed setup