PDA

View Full Version : corrections

TigaMan10
06-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Before, i didn't want to drop the car, but now i think i want to sence i see that it wont look too right with out one. Again, i drive a four door accord. and i am thinking of doing a 1.5 drop later down the line. i will be rolling on 16's so i think that a 1.5 would look decent. i hear people talking about there is only one proper way to do the set up. i think that it is with the koni struts. i didn't know i need to change the struts. all i was going to get was some springs. (stupid, right?) anyways, so before i make any more asumptions. would someone please tell me the best way to go. and about how much it is going to cost me. and would i need to get a camber kit. all this would be appreciated. thanks.

Tiga

crwa
06-09-2003, 09:10 AM
Yes you need to get new struts and koni's are the best to get, and a camber kit would be a good idea, that way you don't wear tires any faster then you need too... and I'd say with 16''s try for a 2 inch drop, cuz you will have some wheel gap in the front if your only runnin 16''s...

What kind of springs are you thinkin of using, eibach's are the best springs, but you might look into coilover's... that way you can find the best drop for your car with those rims...

86AccordLxi
06-09-2003, 09:18 AM
I don't think eibach's are the best springs at all...ask jim, but i think they have weak rear spring rates.

Alex

Mike89Accordcom
06-09-2003, 09:32 AM
I've had Eibachs before, they were ok. I now have Sprint, which are decent, but again not the best. I would do at least a 1.75" drop with 16's or even 2". 1.5 won't be that low. Camber kit you can get down the road. But you don't need to rush it. Get an alignment as well....

86AccordLxi
06-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Look at my sig to see a pic of 1.5 inch drop with 16s...i'd like it to be lower but for drivability's sake and because i'd rather not have to buy a camber kit or new control arms, it works just fine and handles great.

Alex

Jims 86LXI HB
06-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 86AccordLxi
I don't think eibach's are the best springs at all...ask jim, but i think they have weak rear spring rates.

Alex

Like lot's of things in this word, some companies can and do things really well. Somethings their past success draws us into the false thinking that they can't do wrong. This isn't about being argumentitive or disrespectfull, it's about letting the truth be know, so proper choces can be made. But with springs, the truth is in the specs.

Eibach sp lines front 62% rear -32% (low figure double verified)
Eibach prokits front 44% rear -17%

Yes those are negitive figures in the rear. It's not just strangly low, it's ubsurdly low. Even the eibach techs, can't understand it. Very poor FWD tuning. Low rear rates, especally one so shockingly low work to increase understeer, something the car has to much of from the factory already. I does not need to be increased. I thought it was interesting that some of the other spring makers were aware of eibachs weak spring rate tuning. One of them actually told me flat out they they loved that, cause it gave them a ton of business, the owner of progress grounp said that.

NeubJ
06-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Depends on what kind of tire gap you want.

I recently lowered mine with Neuspeeds.
I only have koni struts in the back- and some monroe heavy duty in the front- I can tell the difference in the ride quality -the back feels much smoother over bumps.
I will be getting some konis for the front (but they are currently out and are on order)

My springs were 60.00 (brand new-got lucky with that deal otherwise you are going to pay 200.00 or more ) and struts were 250.00 (back only)

I am happy with my drop- cut the stock ride height in half (which was under 3 1/2 inches). I think it will cut the gap even more with 16-17's

I was talking to some kids and workers at a performance shop and they were using coilovers on their stock struts which I have heard and read is a no no- (they said that it rode fine.hmmmmm)

Best bet is to PM JIM.