PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Power door locks and windows

Brettmans5
06-09-2003, 04:21 PM
went to a different boneyard today...still no se-i, but another idea. I saw several complete accord power windows and power door lock sets, we are talking complete door panels ( Handles, switches, etc...), motors, Window regulators( i think thats what you call the part that pushes the window up and down), and acctuators for the door locks. So as far as i could see everything i need was there ( believe it or not from one car, there were a total of 10+ accords, in various conditions). So the question is, would it be simple enough to grab all the parts and install them in my accord? i know mine has all the wiring harnesses in the doors but would i have to do any other wiring, and possible a fuse or something in the fuse block? Whats say the masters of 3g accord lore? should this be a simple install?.......Oh bonus was i set aside some swwweeetttt acura Integra bucket seats, they look like they should just bolt in (i hope :D ).

88' Accord Ltd
06-09-2003, 07:22 PM
I think it should be a fairly easy install. You will need to add fuses for the circuts though. You'll need the guts out of all the doors though, as well as all the door panels. I think you need the door lock control and the power window control too. Its a time consuming job but it can be done simple enough. As you already know the wiring is already there, its just a matter of plugging it all in as far as I know....

Dutchboy
06-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Hey there good to see some more BC people here..

but on the note of the question
um....you need the relays and all the control modules and plug ins for the modules at least so that you can wire it in yourself....

i just put in power windows on my coupe and wired it in myself without the module because im only using one switch for each door since its an 2door and i could care less about being able to control all the doors in the car..

download the wiring diagram off Pauls site and then you can see the way its hooked up....
the control modules in the drivers door and the relays in the black fuse box unnder the hood.

'Hey how are the junk yards out there??? any coupes around.....and is it a pick a part????
I got a 4 door exi parts car but i cant use half the parts since its a 4 door and its fuel injected and mine is carbed....

Ben

Dutchboy
06-09-2003, 07:25 PM
damn 88' Accord Ltd
you beat me!!!!

BEn

:wave:

88' Accord Ltd
06-09-2003, 07:38 PM
haha only by 2 minutes though! Its good to have opinions from more than one person though. Even if it does say basically the same thing. It just makes what I said even more right! :tongue:

Brettmans5
06-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Empire Auto, the big wrecker her is pretty good, there were quiet a few accords from 86 to 89 and a few 90 to 92 models, even a few 82 to 85 models, i think there are one or 2 coupes there too. Its a go in and pick what you need place. if you are looking for something particular give me the specs and i will take a look next time i am there.
Thanks for the info, now all i need is my next pay cheque and i can grab the parts.....

Brettmans5
07-09-2003, 03:31 PM
200 bucks Canadian.....200 bucks for 4 inner door panels( complete, switches, handles, etc...), 4 power window motors, 4 power door locks, 2 power mirrors, the power mirror controller, modules for everything, driver's side door glass( mine is scratched badly) and wiring for what i need. everything is in nice shape, the vinyl is not ripped or anything, just dirty...same with the cloth but i am going to paint the vinyl and reapolster the cloth portions. I feel this is a good score, i was thinking it would cost me more. i pulled all the parts and set them inside the building there and left a 50 buck deposit, as soon as i have more money i am heading back to get it or put more money on it. So did i get a deal or am i paying to much ( BTW i hooked up a battery and tested it all before i yanked it....it is all working well).