PDA

View Full Version : How do i secure my neon kit under the car?!

Chrome_thangs
06-09-2003, 06:13 PM
I just got my led underbody kit, and i cant figure out how to get it under there. it comes with brackets w/ screw holes. Can u screw into the bottom of the car? if not how did everyone else do it?

crwa
06-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Yes you screw them to the bottom of the car...

Chrome_thangs
06-09-2003, 07:25 PM
what kinda of screws do you suggest? The ones that came with the kit are obviously not up to the job

crwa
06-09-2003, 08:00 PM
I'd say use the one's with the kit, why wouldn't they work??? The lights don't weigh a thing, and you don't want long ones that could run up into something, I'd say 1/2 inch should work fine, and if your worried, then use bolts with lock washers, but all the ones I have seen are hooked with the stock screws that came with the kit...

Which kit did you get??? Eurolite, Streetglow... and what color???

Chrome_thangs
06-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Lite Glow-Red
The screws that came w/ the kit didn't want to go through the metal under the car. I went to wal-mart and got some 1/2 inch sheet metal screws. So i guess i'll try again tomorrow.

cdscowboy
06-10-2003, 02:04 AM
Lots and lots of duct tape!! :D :lol j/k You could also make some brackets somehow to secure them to those. I dunno.

rideredorgohome
06-10-2003, 05:30 AM
just a suggestion....u could use some stainless self tapping screws like what u find in marine applications just cause they will get wet and stainless ones won't rust, any boat store will have them or if u have a fastener place they will have them 2

crwa
06-10-2003, 09:43 AM
You have a drill a small hole for the screws that come with the kit, then just thread the screws into the holes and your done... Just use a bit a little smaller then the screws and just drill in about an inch...

How much was your kit??? And I'm glad you got a decent color, it seems like everyone does green and tries to copy the fast and furious colors...

Elijah
06-10-2003, 09:47 AM
I used the screws that came with it and now I have to broken bulbs.

crwa
06-10-2003, 09:56 AM
Did you tighten the brackets too much??? Or did you scrap something, cuz they should break if you follow the instructions and do everything by the book...

I doubt it was the screws that caused the tubes to break...I know a guy with neon tubes everywhere and he doesn't have any problems with them...

Elijah
06-10-2003, 10:03 AM
The scews came out I think it's cause I got that rust coat under my car so it was not strong enough to hold the screws.

crwa
06-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Did u predrill holes for them, caus eif so the holes were probably a little to big... you could always sodder the brackets on, but then good luck workin on the lights...

This is why I'm never gettin underbody lights, plus I live In Oregon, so I'd have to clean them everyother day...

Elijah
06-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Ya I predrilled the holes No they weren't to big u cant sodder the brackets on there plastic and I got the rust gaurd stuff so u can't sodder that either.I got my new bulbs I'am just trying to figure out how to mount them the front and back were ez.

krott5333
06-11-2003, 06:20 AM
Just use some heavy duty cable ties.

A Dawg Jr
06-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Did the screws rip through the acutal car, or did they fall out? If they fell out, the holes you drilled are too big.

89HatchAzn
06-22-2003, 11:19 AM
I got the same kit. I just worked on it yesterday and the day before that.. My friends and I all got one...I haven't put my on yet...but this is how you do it. Pre drill the holes...large enough to get those whilte little things in there. So what you do is...Push those little white things into the holes. Then screw the brackets into the white things.

dXsquared
06-22-2003, 11:24 AM
i would sugest getting some large tie wraps... drill 2 holes in the floor and run the tie wrap through... it should hold

Travis

buzzbomber88lx
06-22-2003, 11:44 AM
zipties!!!! thats how I put in my grille mesh! and then you just paint the zipties or get colored ones.

dXsquared
06-22-2003, 12:28 PM
under the car it wouldnt matter.. but i would look for the black ones with metal in the heads... they are super durable

Travis

HostileJava
06-23-2003, 08:03 AM
How did you end up getting the kit on?