PDA

View Full Version : sick of carby

Accordie
06-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Hey peeps i've seen some posts on how people convert carb to EFI, im not a mechanic or anything but i want EFI so u reckon those shops out there would do the conversion? Or is this conversion for home projects only?
Is it possible to bring it to the shop and tell them u want an EFI conversion? How much would it cost? Anyone know?
Carburettor always got problems.

shepherd79
06-10-2003, 03:25 AM
IMO, should just sell the car and get EFI 3G.
EFI conversion is very hard and long. Not all the shops will do it.

A20A1
06-10-2003, 03:38 AM
Hey where in Australia are you?

POS carb
06-10-2003, 11:13 AM
an EFI conversion is tricky, you can't just say you want an EFI conversion. If you want to go the most economic route look into a TBI conversion using maybe junkyard parts from GM cars of the late 80's like the 2.4's or whatever size they are, those should flow nice for the 2.0 accord.

if you're looking for something REALLY good without too much chopping up your car look into MPFI setup with a programable ECU. You can hook up a laptop and tune everything, many aftermarket stand-alone ECU's come with multiple inputs you can use to run knock sensors, o2 sensors, tps, MAP, pyrometers, etc, but a MAP, TPS, and O2 should be plenty to start with to get badass drivability/MPG/power and you don't have to worry about swapping wiring harnesses and all the other time-consuming parts of the swap, however this setup is generally the most expensive but the best to start with because you don't need to upgrade anything but your injectors and pump if you go to bigger and better things and your reprogramming is all via laptop, no damn PROM chips

1988starter
06-10-2003, 05:20 PM
This should help
http://www.geocities.com/carotman/howto/howto.html

carotman
06-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Well, I know how it sounds but the EFI conversion is really easy... it's just time consuming.

Get a car for parts, then swap everything on yours... make sure the car has no "EFI" problems. It can have a blown engine but you don't want to transfer problems to your car...

Just follow the How-to posted by 1988 starter.

I will try to give better explanations in the future... it's not a hard conversion like I said but be prepared to have the car off the road for a couple of weeks.

Accordie
06-10-2003, 06:15 PM
okay thanks for all the input, im from Sydney Australia. Maybe i'll ask the mechanics about this conversion, and get a quote on it, if it costs like $500 - 1000max Aus. then i might do it but if its around $2000 aus. then i'll think about just sellin the old 3g and gettin one with efi.

Accordie
06-10-2003, 06:18 PM
that site on the pgm fi conversion is very good but im no mechanic here, all i know is to change the oil, spark plugs etc the easy stuff hahaha i dunt wanna stuff the car up cause i use it almost everyday

1988starter
06-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by carotman
Well, I know how it sounds but the EFI conversion is really easy... it's just time consuming.

Get a car for parts, then swap everything on yours... make sure the car has no "EFI" problems. It can have a blown engine but you don't want to transfer problems to your car...

Just follow the How-to posted by 1988 starter.

I will try to give better explanations in the future... it's not a hard conversion like I said but be prepared to have the car off the road for a couple of weeks.

Well I was just posting it for you as I stole it from you page:)
:bow: Carotman