PDA

View Full Version : Indiglo Gauge Needles

Osiris
06-10-2003, 07:00 AM
Ive looked high and low on this forum. But im wondering how come no one paints the needles black or a dark color while the gauge cluster is apart so that they also glow? Just a question. Is there an issue with this i dont know? :sadwave:

Also when installing the indiglo gauges will they glo that way with the oem light thats allready in there or do i need a blacklight? This question may have been answered but ive seen so many different setups im confused :confused:

Thanx in advance for the input.

SiR
06-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Osiris
Ive looked high and low on this forum. But im wondering how come no one paints the needles black or a dark color while the gauge cluster is apart so that they also glow?

I think by the question above is about the Reverse, not the 2-color indiglo gauges. no need for a blacklight or addition lighting.

Osiris
06-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Yea, your right SiR. Im talking about the reverse lighting gauges... and thx for the info.

What about the needles... is there a problem with painting the needles or nobody just doesnt wanna do it?

badb0i
06-10-2003, 09:08 AM
if u even move the needles just a little bit u may be walking home alot lol. no the needles r very delicate and u dontwant 2 move them

jagojon3
06-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Painting the needles is a no no! The extra weight of the paint will make them completely innacurate, many people have done this (not necessarily on this forum) and have regretted it.

LXIHATCHRIDE
06-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Yo i was wondering i f i can use the neon glow stuff for the inside of custom computer cases with a black light that would be hot wouldnt it?
:werd: :werd: :werd:

Justin86
06-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Oh shit. I had to take off my needles to put on pauls gauges and I painted the needles and now they are fucked up. The speedo works but sticks and the others don't work at all. :mad:

Osiris
06-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Good info guyz. Thx for saving me a ton of headaches:smokin:

One more thought tho.....I understand that you shouldnt remove them and all that..but what if you took a small brush and put one good stroke across the top so that they would glo...any thoughts on this?

blazin3gen
06-10-2003, 03:25 PM
hmm good idea what if say i bought this shit, and worked it :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2328112422&category=28119

Osiris
06-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey Blazin...i would be careful wit that!!

It looks TOXIC!!! Youll be like this ~>:flash:

Naw just kiddin...i wonder how that would look under the green light of the accord.

toastyghost
06-10-2003, 09:46 PM
i painted mine with the same royal blue vinyl as i used for the moldings when i did the other interior things. it looked really dope against the silver face pcp gauges with my blue and silver interior theme. too bad i trashed the car before i got any decent pix of it, sry