PDA

View Full Version : You are a 3g lover if: (hopefully funny)

Pages : [1] 2

89NinjaAccordLX
06-06-2002, 05:58 PM
People at home depot want to buy your bumper to protect their gutters from leaves

You have an import car with a weber carb

You know what "flipping the lid" is

Clear turn signals cost you... uhm... $0

You considered "upgrading" from your current wheel/hubcap setup to a sportier stock rim.

Burning out requires the E-brake to be on, and the "windshield washer hose under the tire" trick

You buy one of three bodykits made for your car

A headlight "conversion" gives you the ability to put bulbs in your car that most cars today can have stock

It takes you six months to find an armrest for your car and you're so happy to get one that it doesn't matter that it totally clashes with the rest of your interior

The word Plasti-kote referrs to your upholstery

You refer to everyone on the board (except Nate) as your "friends"... most of whom you've never even met

Any kind of engine swap is an act of god unless from the same year and model car

You have a nitro arm/disarm switch and no nitro to use it on

You follow other 3geez on the road and try to tell them about the board

You would rather have your car modified than get a new stock car

Everyone sees you drive to work, but in your mind you "race" to work

A sixteen second quarter mile is admirable stock

When you talk about parts on your car, everything has "home-made" before it

You were disappointed playing Gran Turismo because they didn't include "the car" you wanted

You are so desperate, you call painting your interior a "mod"

When your major auto parts store is the local pick-n-pull

Most parts you buy for the car of any importance are worth more than the car itself

When you are so in love with 3geez that you give money to them and call it a "foundation"

You donate your money to the "foundation" and realize you can't get a tax write-off

Every simple part on your car is a third of the price for a new car

Your family consists of an insignificant number of humans, and the 3g

You can press a button and make two headlights magically appear...unless the motor is shot... and then only one does... or neither...

You've spent more cash on an original cupholder than you have on gas this month

When you go out to the races and instead of drooling over the T3/T4 Turbo someone installed on their RX7, you get all excited because there is another 3gee around

...And you won't leave him alone.

You have more current pictures of your car than say like your family.

Your dreams and aspirations consist of having more than 100 horsepower

You go to the auto parts store and see a part totally non related to your own car and wonder how you can make that part work on your car

You could have your car stolen and have the police identify your car by fingerprinting any part not on the exterior of the engine.

When you park a 15 year old car in the back of the local grocery store because you are afraid of some lady scratching it

You enjoy going to the junkyard more than going to the mall

Your car looks better than it did the day it came from the factory

You can actually sit here and think of more than 10 "you know when your a 3g lover when" statements

You would need therapy if your car was ever wrecked or stolen

Everyone thinks you are strange because you constantly take pictures of odd parts on your car (i.e. front bumper, rubber moulding, carb, tail lights, springs, headliner, headlights. etc.)

You think of buying a different car but decide to keep yoru 3rd gen and feel dirty for ever thinking of getting rid of it

You try and convert your friends and family to drive 3rd gens

You're stuck in rush hour traffic and out of the corner of your eye you are naturally able to spot a 3g 4 cars back and 2 lanes over

You search for hours every day on the net for headers and exhaust when you know the only result will be PACESETTER

You lift the hood to show your engine modified with nice shiney oil cap and.... that's it

You're willing to spend more money converting your LX to LXi than you would actually buying an LXi

You set aside weekends from work/school just to meet other people with 3geez... 6 months away

You would rather take the time to cut/weld in a new motor from another car when it was cheaper to just buy the original car with motor in it.

If you see random person in a SE-i, you think "That fool doesnt know what he/she has!"

You park next to other 3Geez at school/work even if the walk is longer

89AccordNate
06-06-2002, 06:03 PM
haha.....pretty funny. I cant slam this one. I did get my name mentioned and yes Ill take the most unlikeable person on the board....because everyone on this board loves each other..I think ill be the odd ball and everyone can hate me!

Send your hate funds to [email protected] at my paypal account.

Love you long time,

Nate.

Sabz5150
06-06-2002, 06:06 PM
... You can use the lighter and put it back properly without looking.

... You know what the "mystery box" is.

... You know exactly what it does.

... Cupholders are a luxury item.

... You can tell anything about any 3g you see just by looking at it for five seconds.

... Pop-up headlights have a special place for you.

... If you've ever taken your car to a Honda shop and had them exclaim "What in the hell have you done?!".

-5150 :bandit:

Jims 86LXI HB
06-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
haha.....pretty funny. I cant slam this one. I did get my name mentioned and yes Ill take the most unlikeable person on the board....because everyone on this board loves each other..I think ill be the odd ball and everyone can hate me!

Send your hate funds to [email protected] at my paypal account.

Love you long time,

Nate.

I can't believe that's your real email address. Why not [email protected]?

87DXHatch
06-06-2002, 07:20 PM
<Quote>You refer to everyone on the board (except Nate) as your "friends"... most of whom you've never even met. <Quote>

That is sooooo me! It makes my brother and dad sneer in disgust when I talk about the "guys on the board."

<Quote>You follow other 3geez on the road and try to tell them about the board.<Quote>

That pretty well discribes me too. I can't wait to get a 3geez sticker so I can just wave and point.

As for Nate, I think he is a great contrast to all the nice-ness on the board. I have laughed out loud many times over the stuff he's written.

As for the mystery box, are you talking about the change holder underneath the fuse box lid?

Inabj2
06-06-2002, 08:48 PM
hahahaha funny. yea we need more people on this board so we CAN DEMAND MORE PERFORMANCE PARTS!!!!!!11

L Squared
06-06-2002, 09:25 PM
Mystery box??

1989 DX R
06-06-2002, 09:43 PM
Its like the vacuum control box...but nobody really knows or wants to.

s0crates82
06-06-2002, 09:52 PM
lol L2.

I've got a Honda Service Manual and I know EXACTLY what it does.

I've also learned, basically, how an auto-tranny works... etc...

ACCORD EX
06-06-2002, 11:41 PM
:lol !
you're guys are sick ! :D :flip:

MIKE

A20A1
06-07-2002, 01:19 AM

Alas... I am guilty ;)

A20A1
06-07-2002, 01:22 AM
When you talk about parts on your car, everything has "home-made" before it

You were disappointed playing Gran Turismo because they didn't include "the car" you wanted

Guilty

Guilty

A20A1
06-07-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Sabz5150
... You can use the lighter and put it back properly without looking.

... You know exactly what it does.

... Cupholders are a luxury item.

... You can tell anything about any 3g you see just by looking at it for five seconds.

... Pop-up headlights have a special place for you.

... If you've ever taken your car to a Honda shop and had them exclaim "What in the hell have you done?!".

Minus the CIG Lighter... everything else sounds right.
:lol :lol

MoonScryer
06-07-2002, 04:59 AM

... and you opened one up to fix it!! :p

Hehehhe... :D

Guilt by association is oh so fun.

Sabz5150
06-07-2002, 06:24 AM
... You've ever referred to your engine as "Old Ironsides"

... People at your local speed shop tell you how impressed they are at what can be done to "such an old car".

... If you and your girl ever *ahem* in the car, and she scares the shit out of herself when her foot hits the headlight pop-up button. (GUILTY!)

... Removing your power steering and A/C are acceptable ways of increasing performance.

dj99
06-07-2002, 06:47 AM
Yeah, but everything is so nice and shiny in the mystery box! (drool) :rolleyes:

87DXHatch
06-07-2002, 08:11 AM
You know you're a 3geez lover when:

* You tell yourself you're only going to spend 30 min on this board but end up being here for like 3 hours.

:)

Sabz5150
06-07-2002, 08:27 AM
Man, my work productivity drops because of this board :) I find myself spending hours on end reading everything. I go back to whatever I was doing, and 5 minute later.... 3geez.com

Jdub07
06-07-2002, 08:52 AM
-when it gets stollen and you spend more money on it to put her back the way she was than it cost to buy her in the first place!

-when you call painted interior parts a "mod"

-when your major auto parts store is the local pick-n-pull

-when you see a newbie register and it fills your heart with joy!

-when you read a post about flipped lids, what it does and how to "install" it and you don't get mad.

Vanilla Sky
06-07-2002, 08:54 AM
- you make cards and post them on EVERY 3 gee you see

Derick

Jdub07
06-07-2002, 09:32 AM
-when you become a 3Geez Foundation Member!:bow:

88turboaccord
06-07-2002, 10:10 AM
--they look at you funny when you tell them what you have and what you are doing to the car----:lol

--parts that are cheap on civics cost 3 times as much for the 3rd gen..--

Jdub07
06-07-2002, 03:30 PM
-you wife says, "its either me or the G!" and you say, "Ask me something tougher than that!"

-the cops pull you over because Soul Train was lightin up the entire road with all the neon.

-you feel that there is something wrong with everyone that doesn't own a 3g

-you talk to your 3g like its part of the family

CoAsTeR
06-07-2002, 06:55 PM
...... your 14yr old, 400000km car looks as good as, if not better than the neighbours year 2000+ <enter vehicle name here>

...... the aftermarket wheels or paint on your car are worth more than the redbook value of the vehicle itself

...... you press the switch to flip the headlights up and down just because you are one of the only cars left on the road that can:D

89NinjaAccordLX
06-07-2002, 07:47 PM
I edited my original post. When I get enough, I'll just put it on my website. LoL.

accordlx
06-07-2002, 08:26 PM
How about a couple of these "you know your a 3g lover if"

-You know that you are 3g lover if you have more current pictures of your car than say like your family.

-The stereo system in your car is 5 times more expensive than your home system.

-You dream of having more than 100 horsepower.

-You wonder why you have absolutely no spare time and wonder where the day went. (Hint: this is it.)

-You go to the auto parts store and see a part totally non related to your own car and wonder how you can make that part work on your car.

-You wonder why they will never specifically make that car for your own car.

-Your car has parts has parts on it from every Honda model made between 1980 and 1995 and you have figured out how to make these parts work perfectly. (I have parts from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Accords and 2nd and 3rd gen Prelude parts on my car.... and a couple of other totally non related brands.)

-You see a part that they make for every other POS car in the United States and can't get it for your own car despite the fact that they made WAY more of our cars in one year than they EVER will make of that <insert POS vehicle here> in all model years combined.

-People make fun of you at work because you drive a 15 year old car until they get in a ride in it.....

-You have your trunk ported. (See stereo section for this one.)

You can remove a drive axle in your car with your eyes taped shut.

-You could have your car stolen and have the police identify your car by fingerprinting ANY part on the car no matter how obscure it is because you have had your car TOTALLY apart.

-You wonder where your paycheck went until you look under your hood.

-You know the exact wrench size you need to take ANY part off of your car.

-You know what offset is...

-When you park a 15 year old car in the back of the local grocery store because you are afraid of some lady scratching it.

-You never associate the term 'flippin your lid" with someone who needs to see a Psychiatrist.

-You have a parts car sitting in your driveway because it's cheaper to buy an entire spare car than to buy say like a transmission seperately.

-Your car looks better than it did the day it came from the factory.

-You basically have a new car because you have replaced every part on your car totally remanufacturing it.

.... and my personal favorite... You enjoy going to the junkyard more than going to the mall.

.... I could do this all night long... :)

:) :) :) :)

accordlx
06-07-2002, 08:39 PM
... and one final one for me.

-You measure the total cumulative amount of time you have spent on this board in the last couple of years not in hours and days but in weeks and months.

-You would not feel guilty poppin' in on someone you have never actually seen face to face in a different state because you have known them forever in the cyber world.

-You can actually sit here and think of more than 10 "you know when your a 3g lover when" statements.

-You would need a 12 step program if you wrecked your car or someone stole it.

-If said car was wrecked or stolen and you insist on buying nothing other than the exact same model in the same color that was wrecked or stolen in the first place because anything else is just a car anyways. ( Old School Swap :) )

Ok so I did more than one. Guilty as charged.

CoAsTeR
06-07-2002, 08:51 PM
...... when your blood boils and you go into withdrawls because you can't access the website :eek: :mad: :crying: :burn: :devil:

accordlx
06-07-2002, 08:51 PM
........ you know you love your 3rd gen accord when you run out to take a picture of a wierd part of your Accord when somebody on this board asks you a question and you feel that the answer needs to be "audio-visual."

........ your neighbors think you are really wierd because they see you constantly see you taking pictures of said strange part. (i.e. exhaust, carb, tail lights, suspension, headliner, headlights. etc.)

.. Ok , Im really done now.

My name is Accordlx and I'm an Accord-a-holic....

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-07-2002, 09:13 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol This is hilarious....everything you guys mentioned in so true! hahaha

I'm glad I'm not the only one that talks to my car more than my family, lol

My brain is stuck right now, I'll think of some later

88LXiHB
06-07-2002, 11:31 PM
How about a "You Know You Drive A 3rd Gen If..."

---Your drivers side mirror shakes no matter how fast your going, or how loud you have your bass...

Ok, thats all I could think of right now...:flip:

*Edit* I own page 3 :flip:

87accordlxi
06-07-2002, 11:33 PM
yuo own teh page 2

YK86
06-08-2002, 12:20 AM
-you have rust in both rear wheel wells and under the tailight in the passenger side corner and think of ways to fix it instead of realizing it is a fact of life that a 16 year old car will rust

-anything you call "custom" in your sig or list of mods is either homemade or something you forced a shop to make for you

-you have a big box full of nuts, bolts, trim pieces you grabbed at the junkyard for your 3rd gen "just incase"

-you know which seized bolt you were trying to remove for each scar you have on your hands

-you spend hours cleaning the car (going as far as cleaning cracks and vents with a q-tip) but you only spend 10 minutes cleaning your room/house (which usually just means throwing everything in the closet)

MoonScryer
06-08-2002, 03:40 AM
Related:

--- Your old 12x13 room at your parents place is third computer parts, 2/3 3geez parts (interior trim, headliners, 3 steering wheels, complete trunk lighting, 2 sets of plug wires, etc.)

--- You pay $75 a month to store a wrecked SEi to keep what is left of it good, instead of just sticking a tarp over it behind a building.

--- Front closet in your apartment has more 3geez parts in it then household stuff. (OEM wing, 89 rear light, Bose sound system and normal one, another steering wheel, a screwed up intake, a bad of various interior switches, another gauge pod, etc)

--- You convince your parents to let you keep your first 3rd gen, a DX hatch, at their house since you don't drive it much anymore, and they mention the idea about replacing the engine cause it's such a nice car, later on, after driving it. :p

--- You spend your time thinking of how you can mod the engine, instead of buying the faster car and getting it over with.

"Old Ironsides"...heh like it. :D

accordlx
06-08-2002, 12:50 PM
LOL about the front closet thing. My wife tells me the samething. "It is a coat closet damnit!!", she says, not a mini storage shed.

A20A1
06-08-2002, 02:02 PM
I've ran out of places to toss things :rolleyes:

Jdub07
06-12-2002, 10:23 AM
You are a 3G lover if:
you got free windshield washer nozzles in the mail from a fellow 3geer and you took them home and put them on the counter in the kitchen, two days later your driving yourself mad cause you can't find the washer nozzles. Your wife askes what the hell are you looking for. "My washer nozzles for the Honda." Then the wife says, "Oh I think I threw those away two days ago." You then find yourself downstairs digging through a huge BFI Bin of garbage for 20 min until alas you find the small washer nozzles clean them up and install them ASAP!

staticpat
06-12-2002, 10:53 AM
-if your offered a 1986 Fiero, no body damage, and in running condition, (an actual car with high potential to race, pimp out etc.) for $400, but instead opt to put the money into your 15 yr old, automatic, carbed, 4 door, 3gee. gah! ive only been here 2 months and im already thinking like you!

88DXcoupe
06-12-2002, 11:39 AM
you know you're a 3 g driver when you've spent tons of money on add-on cupholders that you never could quite fit to your interior and then spent twice as much to buy the one that was supposed to be there.

1988starter
06-13-2002, 09:43 PM
... If you and your girl ever *ahem* in the car, and she scares the shit out of herself when her foot hits the headlight pop-up button. (GUILTY!)

As I Damn It is all true We need help all I can say is I am :werd:

BoredRec
06-14-2002, 02:54 PM
...When your painted interior makes you think you have bragging rights.

...When you go out to the races and instead of drooling over the T3/T4 Turbo someone installed on their RX7, you get all excited because there is another 3gee in the parking lot.

Sean
06-15-2002, 08:24 PM
your a sick twisted 3g lover when.

you've spent over 100hrs with a die grinder and a flow bench looking for 10hp.

when youve grenaided 4 short blocks and 6 tranny trying to get 350 hp to the ground.

when your personal accountant tells you banckruptcy is immenent becuase your honda has to much R&D time involved.

after 1 yr of trial and error you realize that unstreetable is a state of mind and anything and 3g and fast is good.

but most of all when you spend over a yr looking for that bug eyed wonder car that just keeps running becuase yr girlfiends love em too.

sseeee yyyaaa

89NinjaAccordLX
06-15-2002, 09:50 PM
keep em comin y'all... im glad I sparked some creative writing here. hahaha

dXsquared
12-22-2002, 02:19 PM
i love 3 geez... when ever i see one im like "89 LXI" or like "86 DX sedan" u know?

Travis

88LXiHB
12-22-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
yuo own teh page 2

socal3rdgen
12-22-2002, 03:40 PM
-You would not feel guilty poppin' in on someone you have never actually seen face to face in a different state because you have known them forever in the cyber world.

guilty of that as of yesterday.

Neuspeed87lx
12-22-2002, 10:12 PM
You are a 3g lover if... your sleeping at night and you hear something outside and you freak out and sit there and watch your car for like an hour at 2 in the morning

myaccord7
12-22-2002, 10:17 PM
too much time on someones hands.

zach

markmdz89hatch
12-23-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Jdub07
-when it gets stollen and you spend more money on it to put her back the way she was than it cost to buy her in the first place!

Guilty!

Coroncho80
12-25-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX

When you go out to the races and instead of drooling over the T3/T4 Turbo someone installed on their RX7, you get all excited because there is another 3gee around

This is too funny and familiar ..................... :D

maka_RTH
12-25-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
i love 3 geez... when ever i see one im like "89 LXI" or like "86 DX sedan" u know?
lol that's me along with tons of other things

MoonScryer
12-25-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
You are a 3g lover if... your sleeping at night and you hear something outside and you freak out and sit there and watch your car for like an hour at 2 in the morning

Oh, big guilty when I lived in Atlanta...way too many times. Car still got broke into twice, thank god for the alarm.

Hell, when it's not parked near the house - out past the pine tree 25ft past where it normally sits - I engage the alarm even way out here in the sticks :D

Chubs87Accord
12-31-2002, 10:19 PM
~when you say 'thats a nice lookin civic' and feel you need to apologize to your car or everyone on 3geez.com, or both

~when a bunch of parts are lost in a fire and you argue with your parents to not junk it cause its a great car and decide to sell it and buy another 3g

~when your house is burning and you want to run and move your car before anything has a chance to happen to it

~when you have to stash your 3g somewhere for any reason and feel the need to visit it at least once a week even though its stored over a half an hour from where you are at the moment

~when for some reason ANY time you talk to your girlfriend on the phone you have to be in your car cause its just more comfortable there

~if you have ever once eaten or slept in your car while its parked in your drive way when you can easily lay in your bed or sit on yoru couch and eat in front of the tv

~when you attempt to start a business that you know wont last at all but do it anyway cause its based around 3rd gens

~when you sit for an hour reading the 'your a 3g lover if' thread while your mom yells at you to clean up

~if your on 3geez.com while dick clark is counting down to wait for it to hit midnight to try and be the first one to post a happy '03 thread before anyone else instead of toasting with your family

~if you think of buying a different car but decide to keep yoru 3rd gen and feel dirty for ever thinking of getting rid of it

~if you try and convert your friends and family to drive 3rd gens

~when you sit on your computer straining to think of more things to write down in your post for the 'you are a 3g lover if' post

~when you even think of a 3rd gen or the board your mind suddenly flashes Nates Goatsex picture because youre traumatized because of his weird humor

~when you see someone driving a 3g and you stick your head out of your window and scream 'rockin the 3g's baby!!!'

thats all i can think of now... im pretty sure those were all personal experience :D

Neuspeed87lx
12-31-2002, 10:33 PM
"if you try and convert your friends and family to drive 3rd gens"

GUILTY!!!

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-31-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
if you try and convert your friends and family to drive 3rd gens

GUILTY!! :D

Elijah
12-31-2002, 11:48 PM
I have convienced my wife,mom and friend to by 3rd gens wait a couple of months and everyone i know will be driving 3rd gens and trust me they will be stopping every 3rd gen they see to tell them about 3geez.com

LX-i prophet
01-01-2003, 08:21 AM
*ahem* ...if you end up being mad at and almost breaking up with your fiancee because in a passing comment she asks if sports cars come with auto trannys and you reply "yes babe, my car is an auto" and she looks at you with a look usually reserved for roadkill or small children and says "yes honey, i know. I said SPORTS cars........"

GUILTY

CoAsTeR
01-01-2003, 09:20 AM
You can't help but be a 3geez luver when your 15yr old Accord runs, drives and looks better than you parents 5yr old car....

and the parents ask to borrow your car....... :D

Inabj2
01-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by LX-i prophet
*ahem* ...if you end up being mad at and almost breaking up with your fiancee because in a passing comment she asks if sports cars come with auto trannys and you reply "yes babe, my car is an auto" and she looks at you with a look usually reserved for roadkill or small children and says "yes honey, i know. I said SPORTS cars........"

GUILTY

hahahahhahahahaha but shes right! were driving very good economical cars!

Were as much of a sport car as minivans...

tref
01-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Well i have named my car and i love it. Her name is "baby" and I even say im sorry to it if i grind the clutch on accident. I am compulsive about my car being clean. I got really pissed off when my friend left his staw in my car. Thats just a slap in the face to me, so i had to leave trash in his 77 ford. I fantisize about the day i have tons of money and i can really make my 3rd gen nice. Sure i will buy some other cars, but i will always keep the shell of my 3rd gen intact. I love my car heh 100% stock

A20A1
01-04-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX

Actually I'm the one that gets mobbed at the tracks... I should post a pic of a crowd of about 10 guys surrounding my car.

buzzbomber88lx
01-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Burning out requires the E-brake to be on, and the "windshield washer hose under the tire" trick

THATS PRETTY FUNNY!!!!

HondaManDan
01-05-2003, 12:54 AM
it's funny cuz it's true

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 04:08 AM
... People at your local speed shop tell you how impressed they are at what can be done to "such an old car".
I get this a lot.
I am guilty of most of those things. I only have one thing to say though. I ONLY PAID $5 FOR MY SE-I CUPHOLDERS AND $5 FOR MY SE-I LEATHER ARMREST PAD AND $10 FOR THE CONSOLE ITSELF. I just thought I would add that. I will have another SE-I console for sale in a couple of weeks too. I think I will put it on ebay though.

Twisted 87lxi
01-05-2003, 04:28 AM
This is just four more that I didn't see on the list that I get or have gotten.

....When your stuck in rush hour traffic and out of the corner of your eye you are naturally able to spot a 3g 4 cars back and 2 lanes over.

....When you get pulled over for speeding and the cop ends up talking to you about 3gs and how he didn't know that it was possible to do so much to one, then lets you off w/o a ticket.

....When people mistake your car for either a newer or different/"better" model car and you proudly respond "Nope, it's an 87 Accord :D "

....When you will race anyone at all no matter how much you'll lose just to see how well you can do and for the off chance that you MAY actually win and make 3gs look better...

I'd say that about 85% of all of the ones posted by ninja pertain to me, and it really scares me that we're all so similar w/ our 3rd gens.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Twisted 87lxi

....When your stuck in rush hour traffic and out of the corner of your eye you are naturally able to spot a 3g 4 cars back and 2 lanes over.

....When people mistake your car for either a newer or different/"better" model car and you proudly respond "Nope, it's an 89 Accord :D "

....When you will race anyone at all no matter how much you'll lose just to see how well you can do and for the off chance that you MAY actually win and make 3gs look better...

It is scary how we can spot 3GEEZ from a mile away. And I have people ask me what year my car is all the time. And i'm guilty of the third one too. I don't care if I win or lose. I see what the car and I can do.

maka_RTH
01-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Twisted 87lxi
This is just four more that I didn't see on the list that I get or have gotten.

....When you get pulled over for speeding and the cop ends up talking to you about 3gs and how he didn't know that it was possible to do so much to one, then lets you off w/o a ticket.

....When people mistake your car for either a newer or different/"better" model car and you proudly respond "Nope, it's an 87 Accord :D "

those are good and me, well, i wish the copper one was lol

Caddy
01-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Here's some more:

- You search for hours every day on the net for headers and exhaust when you know the only result will be PACESETTER.

- You lift the hood to show your engine modified with nice shiney oil cap and.... that's it.

- You're willing to spend more money converting your LX to LXi than you would actually buying an LXi.

- Your 3rd Gen has double wishbone so it MUST be an F1!

- You floor it in your AUTO just to hear that 2nd gear chirp.

- You constanly search for that magical strut bar that will somehow bend around your airbox.

- Your destop wallpaper is a B20A

CoAsTeR
01-06-2003, 01:22 PM
-- when you refer to your car as 'a 3rd gen accord' cuz it sounds better than 1988 and leave them guessing as to how old it really is :D

markmdz89hatch
01-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
It is scary how we can spot 3GEEZ from a mile away. And I have people ask me what year my car is all the time. And i'm guilty of the third one too. I don't care if I win or lose. I see what the car and I can do.

LOL, the other day the kid up the block from me waves me down and says "Are you selling that Acura?" WTF... I looked at him like an alien and asked what Acura he was talking about. He describes my Hatch, and I'm like nah.. ..she's not for sale, an she's sure as shit not an Acura. It's an Accord. Then, just when you thought he couldn't get any dumber, he's like yeah that's like a 94 or 95 right? I just drove away. LOL.

Coroncho80
01-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
LOL, the other day the kid up the block from me waves me down and says "Are you selling that Acura?" WTF... I looked at him like an alien and asked what Acura he was talking about. He describes my Hatch, and I'm like nah.. ..she's not for sale, an she's sure as shit not an Acura. It's an Accord. Then, just when you thought he couldn't get any dumber, he's like yeah that's like a 94 or 95 right? I just drove away. LOL.

:lol that's funny man. The samething happens to me once in a while. PPL be like, "What year is your car man? 92-93 or something like that? and when I tell them its a 89, they be like. .............. Whattttttttttttttttttt, that looks newer than that! :lol

Sabz5150
01-06-2003, 10:06 PM
I get this a lot.
I am guilty of most of those things. I only have one thing to say though. I ONLY PAID $5 FOR MY SE-I CUPHOLDERS AND $5 FOR MY SE-I LEATHER ARMREST PAD AND $10 FOR THE CONSOLE ITSELF. I just thought I would add that. I will have another SE-I console for sale in a couple of weeks too. I think I will put it on ebay though.

When I hit the strip, I had an older guy approach me and ask me about my car. He told me that it was great to finally see something different on the strip. :D

1987HondaAccord
01-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Caddy

- You floor it in your AUTO just to hear that 2nd gear chirp.

:lol
- you think 14" rims is an upgrade

89NinjaAccordLX
01-21-2003, 09:11 AM
-You set aside weekends from work/school just to meet other people with 3geez... 6 months away.

89NinjaAccordLX
01-21-2003, 09:13 AM
I would like to say that this lil post of mine has lasted longer than any other I've ever seen except "Floss your 3g here"

od2681
01-21-2003, 10:13 AM
MAN THAT IS SO FUKIN HILARIOUS...IM PRETTY MUCH GUILTY FOR MORE THAN HALF OF THOSE

jigga89SEi
04-05-2003, 08:47 AM
89NinjaAccordlx- Hey y'all. I'm on Jigga's compooter. I know its been a while but does anyone else have some more?

AvgWhtMale
04-05-2003, 09:13 AM
-You come back to the same thread every month for nine months to see if someone has posted another "you love a 3G if..."

BensAccordLxi
04-05-2003, 09:39 AM
I got my friends speaking in Generations when it comes to the Accord. lol.

njpeter
04-05-2003, 11:44 AM
sends you a letter informing you that not only do they know about the three idetical gray accords you own, they also know you are in the habit of switching the licnese plates around.

"You must carry insurance on any car driven, one policy does not entitle you to operate three cars, even if only one is being driven at any time"

and one last one...

you change all of your dsitrubutors to the same type, so you only have to have one sapre cap in the personal parts stash.

I'm guilty of about 90% of the charges officer, but I enjoy it so.

cdscowboy
04-05-2003, 12:57 PM
This is a great thread...and I'm guilty of nearly all of the charges!!! :lol

--if, in a round-a-bout way, you lose a girl you're dating because you go to a 3geez meet

--you've taken off your moldings and matched the color to your car to make it "more sporty"

--your airbox (in the bumper) no longer has a front-facing side because you wanted more force for your custom intake.

--you get offended when someone asks why you didn't save all the money you've put into a 14 year old car and get something newer and (in there opinion) nicer.

jigga89SEi
04-05-2003, 01:51 PM
They keep getting better... -89ninjaaccordlx

BensAccordLxi
04-05-2003, 02:04 PM
- When the first things you bring up on your computer at work is 3Geez.com and 86-89 Accords in the search on ebay.

rare_89lxi_coupe
04-05-2003, 03:07 PM
-When you ask your friends for a dremel tool for Christmas. *ahem*
-When your parents and friends become accustomed to seeing you in the shop, dremel tool in hand, chopping away at your car.
-When the garage has one lawn mower and no room for the actual car becuase of all the 3geez parts.
-When the parts in the garage can be built on chassis and you come up with an entire 3gee-with parts to spare.
- When there's no such thing as "ordering the part" and you're not disappointed because, heck, everything else on the car was built by hand, what's one more part...
-When you talk to other ppl w/ 3geez and it is commonplace for them to have "rust spots" on their car- and all you can say is, that shit'll buff out.
-When all your screen names pertain to your car (i.e. rare_89lxi_coupe)
-When you say "geez" in a sentence and automatically think of your car.

jigga89SEi
04-05-2003, 03:17 PM
-When you've been told repeatedly by higher-ups at work to get to work instead of looking at "some carsite"

- When check back every 7 mins to see if anyone replied to your posts

- When you pay more to fix it and get it back on the road then u did intially

Mike's89AccordLX
04-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Or when you have reoccuring nightmares of someone stealing your car.

Or when you have a nightmare of someone stealing Coroncho's former SE-i.

I hope I'm not the only one on here that suffers from these terrible nightmares.

Chubs87Accord
04-06-2003, 03:59 AM
when you talk about you car and your ideas forit and everything pertaining to cars so much that your mom starts to know close to as much as you do about cars

when you have your mom coming back from wherever she went and having her tell you about a cool 3g she saw or some other cool car

when you have friends and family sayin 'rice' and asking whats been going on arond the board

when you see someone getting in or out of their 3g and you run up to them and yell 'i love you!' or some word of affection because its a 3g

when the only way you can get cool gauges are to print them out and glue them on to your existing gauges

when go to walmart and pick up things to make a 3Geez.com t-shirt so you can advertise wherever you go

-writers block.. maybe ill be back with some more :)

Coroncho80
04-06-2003, 04:45 AM

Or when you have a nightmare of someone stealing Coroncho's former SE-i.

Hahahahaha i had that dream over and over again! :lol

rare_89lxi_coupe
04-06-2003, 12:26 PM
We are one sad sad crew of people...

IWLSF
04-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Ohhh damn, where do you live? I'm in OKC, around the Putnam City area.

rare_89lxi_coupe
04-06-2003, 03:19 PM
Ada. I'm in putnam city sometimes. My cousins go to PC North.

'A20A3'
04-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Jdub07
-you talk to your 3g like its part of the family [/B]

guilty:)

'A20A3'
04-08-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by cdscowboy
--you get offended when someone asks why you didn't save all the money you've put into a 14 year old car and get something newer and (in there opinion) nicer.

im so guilty of this..i hate when people say my car isn't nice, when their car is 10 years newer and doesn't even have a sunroof...idiots:flip:

A20 FOR LIFE

Morpheus
04-08-2003, 11:45 AM
HAHA!!! I'm so hopeless. Gran Turismo was pretty disappointing. I thought I was reading my bio. LOL! Super guilty here. And yah everyone wonders why the hell you want to spend money on an old shitty car buy their terms. BUT I JUST TELL THEM MY 3RD GEN ROX!!!!!

Morpheus
04-08-2003, 11:47 AM
still laughing...had to read it twice.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
04-10-2003, 07:58 PM
i like this one "You refer to everyone on the board (except Nate) as your "friends"... most of whom you've never even met"

babboyyawdie
04-10-2003, 08:03 PM
ya know your a your a 3g lover when your going over a 100mph you feel like your on a magic carpet ride.

when you turn your a/c on you feel like a fat a$$ man just fell in the back seat.

when your in back to back traffic on the beach you pray your car won't overheat:mad

when your leaving a party with a group of friends you pray your car starts.

if your car does start your car makes it home.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by babboyyawdie
ya know your a your a 3g lover when your going over a 100mph you feel like your on a magic carpet ride.

when you turn your a/c on you feel like a fat a$$ man just fell in the back seat.

when your in back to back traffic on the beach you pray your car won't overheat:mad

when your leaving a party with a group of friends you pray your car starts.

if your car does start your car makes it home.

I don't think these are funny b/c they're refering to the 3G as a pile of crap. Don't be so negative dude.

babboyyawdie
04-13-2003, 08:07 AM
I don't think these are funny b/c they're refering to the 3G as a pile of crap. Don't be so negative dude.

mikes89accordlx you need to get a life. are you a dork or something its not that serious.:smokin:

buzzbomber88lx
04-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Those comments that he is so serious about are pretty harsh against a 3g. I'm with ya Mike!

1987HondaAccord
04-13-2003, 11:28 AM
Everyone just needs to lighten up!! It was a joke!! That is what this thread was for.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-13-2003, 11:49 AM
First of all dude you don't know what that prick has been saying in other threads. And second of all I'm not the only person that thinks the same way.

'A20A3'
04-13-2003, 11:59 AM
mike, i agree. fuck that, nobody badmouths a 3gee. and i mean nobody mother fuckers. im behind you on this one mike.

buzzbomber88lx
04-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Rid wit ya mike. I may not have a 3g anymore but man I loved that car and would never badmouth them.

'A20A3'
04-13-2003, 02:44 PM
damn right buzzbomber88lx

1987HondaAccord
04-13-2003, 11:14 PM
Other people have said bad things about the car too.
Example: (this is not in any way a personal attack on anyone)

Originally posted by rare_89lxi_coupe
We are one sad sad crew of people...

Originally posted by Chubs87Accord
[B]when the only way you can get cool gauges are to print them out and glue them on to your existing gauges

and that was just from the last page. How can you ridicule one person for saying the third gen isn't the best car in the world and laugh when the next guy says it? What makes it funny is that it is sort of true.

Please dont misinterpret what I am saying. I don't like it when other people make fun of my car, but i thought this was supposed to be a thread where we can laugh at some of the imperfections and have a good time.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-14-2003, 07:07 AM
Well for one chubs is wrong b/c procarparts gauges :D and we all know Julie was joking when she said that, we know this b/c she's hot.... sorry Chubs :). This NOOB!! we don't know him. And don't start with well give him a chance... I don't think so b/c from post one this dude has been ripping on 3geez. And what makes it worse, it was my 3G and I don't think this guy was trying to be funny when he posted that.

babboyyawdie
04-14-2003, 01:51 PM
First of all dude you don't know what that prick has been saying in other threads. And second of all I'm not the only person that thinks the same way.

relax buddy. i love my car i had it since ninth grade and now im a senior in college. I GOT IT WITH 135,000 miles now it has 256,000 on it. I live in ft lauderdale, fl and drive up to tallahassee for school. 500+ miles. my car has been through hell and back my car has been through floods and 3 feet of water and made it through when gmc jimmys and mercedes 500 broke down. so im entitled to make jokes. I love my car, she loves me and i never say anything bad in front of her. sometimes i just want to make a joke. so give me a break. you have some issues that i think u need to get straight. it was a joke.:)

babboyyawdie
04-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by 1987HondaAccord
Everyone just needs to lighten up!! It was a joke!! That is what this thread was for. :)

:) thanx for sticking up for me. i told mike what i had to say. he has some issues. i dont mean to offend anyone. i just felt like making a joke. i love 3geezs. people like him dont want people to have opinions. that was the basis for communisim, hitler and stalin. mike if your reading this im NOT, I am NOT calling u hitler or stalin im just saying u need to lighten up and understand people have opinions. and i think u need a hug.:wave: .

rare_89lxi_coupe
04-16-2003, 02:07 PM
thank you very much Mike- 87honda, don't quote me anymore. this whole thing is just to be funny- I wasn't ripping anyone, as everyone on the board knows, it's my sense of humor. I had a 3gee just like everyone else here at one time and I loved that car-I still do. But look from the other side of the fence, some things that are commonplace for us (i.e. the rust spots) would be what other car owners freak out about...we just deal with it and it's funny. So get up off me.

blazin3gen
04-16-2003, 02:39 PM
this is like the second time i see u people say mike has Issues! WTF just cuz he says something he has Issues? Next time think before u post shit not saying just here but it did all start in the s2000 kill thread, O and Julie where have u been havent seen u in awile!

babboyyawdie
04-16-2003, 02:48 PM
i say he has issues because he takes sh*t so seriously. I was just making a joke. this thread is to be light hearted.

rare_89lxi_coupe
04-16-2003, 02:51 PM
My aunt is about to pass away, and that's had me out of order for a little while. Plus, I've had to do a lot of crap because of the wreck=I ended up being more messed up than we thought and my trauma has stuck around too long. :( But I'm made of steel and up and runnin'! Thanks for noticing ;)

To add something pertaining to the thread-anger doesn't really last very long around here. So take a little bit to calm yourselves and forget about it. It's not worth fighting when you both have at least one thing in common-and that's what you're here for. If there's beef that doesn't matter to the board-take it up in e-mail please. There's no need for bickering or any of us taking sides-we're a crew. Once you say your $.02, leave it alone.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-16-2003, 02:52 PM
I don't relate! My car has no rust spots...I have one...When you have all these mods and your car can't even come close to beating mine and my car is stock... :lol

blazin3gen
04-16-2003, 02:55 PM
My aunt is about to pass away, and that's had me out of order for a little while. Plus, I've had to do a lot of crap because of the wreck=I ended up being more messed up than we thought and my trauma has stuck around too long. :( But I'm made of steel and up and runnin'! Thanks for noticing ;)

Sorry to hear that My Grandma is about to pass away, heh sorta wierd eh and I know u will get threw this Stay in their! :wave:

babboyyawdie
04-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
I don't relate! My car has no rust spots...I have one...When you have all these mods and your car can't even come close to beating mine and my car is stock... :lol

:( thats all u can say when rare 89lxi says that his aunt is about to pass away!:mad: there is a time to show some sympathy what ever your name is who cares about your no rust! I feel for you rare be strong. You have my prayers.:(

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by babboyyawdie
:( thats all u can say when rare 89lxi says that his aunt is about to pass away!:mad: there is a time to show some sympathy what ever your name is who cares about your no rust! I feel for you rare be strong. You have my prayers.:(

WTF???? THE THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT.. AND IN ALL HONESTLY....YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW!! FLY AWAY FAGGOT!

babboyyawdie
04-16-2003, 03:08 PM
ok:)

blazin3gen
04-16-2003, 03:11 PM
WTF???? THE THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT.. AND IN ALL HONESTLY....YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW!! FLY AWAY FAGGOT!

AAHAHAHHAHAHAH! sorry that was a good one! anyways its not his aunt its HER Aunt!

babboyyawdie
04-16-2003, 03:25 PM
:) her, sorry

rare_89lxi_coupe
04-16-2003, 05:36 PM
alright alright. i'm used to this guy babboy-don't worry about it. he feels the need to slam every one of my posts into the ground. you'll see more and more if you have the misfortune of being in a thread with him.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-16-2003, 05:46 PM
alright alright. i'm used to this guy babboy-don't worry about it. he feels the need to slam every one of my posts into the ground. you'll see more and more if you have the misfortune of being in a thread with him.

Look You stupid dumb BITCH!! WHO THE FACK IS SLAMING YOUR POST!! READ WHAT I WROTE... IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.......WHEN THE FUCK DID IT BECOME YOUR THREAD!!

'A20A3'
04-16-2003, 07:03 PM
Look You stupid dumb BITCH!! WHO THE FACK IS SLAMING YOUR POST!! READ WHAT I WROTE... IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.......WHEN THE FUCK DID IT BECOME YOUR THREAD!!

:eek: :eek: WHOA!!!!!! hold 'er there dude. let's not start piston whipping people. i agree with you on the whole "ownership of the thread" thing though. if you didn't start it, then it ain't yours.:flip: people will be people, and if what-ever-the-hell's name is is talking shit, then ignore his bitch-ass. that's the best advice there is.

blazin3gen
04-16-2003, 07:16 PM

Not cool dude edit that shit out NOW! She Never claimed owner ship of it!!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-16-2003, 07:28 PM
WHO THE FUCK IS TALKING ABOUT OWNERSHIP.. SHE MADE A COMMENT SAYING THAT I SAID SOMETHING ABOUT HER... WHICH I DID NOT!! WTF READ U FACKING COCKSUCKING FAGGOT MOTHERFACKER!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-16-2003, 07:34 PM
I don't relate! My car has no rust spots...I have one...When you have all these mods and your car can't even come close to beating mine and my car is stock...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats all u can say when rare 89lxi says that his aunt is about to pass away! there is a time to show some sympathy what ever your name is who cares about your no rust! I feel for you rare be strong. You have my prayers.

I WROTE THE TOP POST & SOMEBODY WROTE THE SECOND!! WHERE THE FUCK DID I WRITE RARE??? WHERE IS HER FACKING S/N?????? SO HOW THE FACK DID I SLAM HER....?

1987HondaAccord
04-16-2003, 11:53 PM
sorry rare 89lxi. no more quotes from me!! :)

jigga89SEi
05-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Aight.........back to the topic at hand..........

This one came to me the other day from personal experience.......Ninja and I were driving down the road and we pass this 3g......

You now your a 3g lover if u miss the fine azz girl driving cause ur checkin out the car..........

I did see the car and girl again though and damn she was fine........... :D

'A20A3'
05-08-2003, 03:11 PM
:lol that's a good one jigga. i wish i could think of some...keep 'em coming people:wave:

adams86lxi
05-08-2003, 07:35 PM
I like it. completly right!!!:)

'A20A3'
05-09-2003, 08:37 PM
ohhh shit..i think i got one.

you know you're a 3gee lover when you're driving down the road, and you see another 3gee on the road and you totally ignore whoever in your car is talking to you until the other 3gee on the road is out of sight.

hope it hasn't already been posted!

Mike's89AccordLX
05-09-2003, 08:59 PM
You know you're a 3G lover when you dream that an AutoZone is building a store in your town.

Damn I have some messed up dreams. Oh and I don't have issues. Thanks for sticking up for me. (just kinda forgot about this thread) And I knew what ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› meant when he said that. I don't think people should just jump to conclusion. Although I wasn't out of line for telling that kid what I thought of him. And if the best comeback is, he has issues. That's pretty :gay: When a newbie starts bashing 3geez from post one it's not taken as a joke in my book. (not just in this thread)

'A20A3'
05-11-2003, 09:16 AM
hell yeah man. it's no joke when stupid people bash on our shit. not cool, not cool.

89NinjaAccordLX
10-27-2003, 11:03 PM
ttt

k-roy
10-27-2003, 11:43 PM
ROFL, I just read this thread for the first time.

diegoaccord
10-28-2003, 12:46 AM
I havent owned a 3G in 2 years, but let see. Some of the stuff I remember...

If you can look at the taillights and tell that it 86-87 or 88-89.

Same with the bumper lights

If you can tell that its a DX by the small mirrors.

If a 3G has DX bumpers, but LX/LXi mirrors, you know that bumper was a replacement.

If you see random person in a SE-i, you think "That fool doesnt know what he/she has!"

Vinny
10-28-2003, 04:43 AM
Why can't noobs bring stuff like this back, I love this thread. Instead they bring back and post on 6ft underr stuff that people fixed a year ago. ANd Diego, thanks for using my quote in your sig:flip:

Art 1
10-28-2003, 11:46 AM
You know you love your 3G when....

-You have so much confidence in your car, you race everyone at every red light, regardless of what car is next to you.

-Everytime you get out of your car you roll up the windows and lock the doors, even if your going inside for two seconds because you forgot your cell phone was charging.

-You're willing to fight your best friend because he made the smallest scratch on your factory paint job.

-You park your car in your drive way facing the road because "it looks 'pimp' like that.

-You park next to other 3Geez at school/work even if the walk is longer.

-You sit in school/work and do 3Geez instead of your work, even if it means getting yelled at.

(Don't know if any of these have been used, I hate reading.)

Dibbs
10-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Never read this post. Pretty good stuff though. I guess I got a couple:

You know you're a 3G lover if:

--You're ready to DROP the next S.O.B. that says "Why don't you junk that P.O.S. and get a newer car?"

--You prepare to spend the night on the couch when your wife finds out that you have washed, waxed & detailed your 3G every week for the past month and you've been driving the Odyssey through the Lazer Wash while going to AutoZOne to pick up more car care products for the 3G.

--You prepare to spend a week sleeping on the couch b/c you dropped $600 on your car after your wife thought you had agreed that you would go get a new one.

--You prepare to spend a whole month on the couch after you explain to the wife that another $5k is about to go into the 3G.

Sabz5150
10-28-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Dibbie
Never read this post. Pretty good stuff though. I guess I got a couple:

You know you're a 3G lover if:

--You're ready to DROP the next S.O.B. that says "Why don't you junk that P.O.S. and get a newer car?"

--You prepare to spend the night on the couch when your wife finds out that you have washed, waxed & detailed your 3G every week for the past month and you've been driving the Odyssey through the Lazer Wash while going to AutoZOne to pick up more car care products for the 3G.

--You prepare to spend a week sleeping on the couch b/c you dropped $600 on your car after your wife thought you had agreed that you would go get a new one.

--You prepare to spend a whole month on the couch after you explain to the wife that another $5k is about to go into the 3G.

Lemme guess, you and the couch are good friends. ;)

Dibbs
10-28-2003, 02:34 PM
Lemme guess, you and the couch are good friends. ;)

Oh GAWD....more than you know! :werd:

89NinjaAccordLX
10-28-2003, 09:58 PM
keep em coming y'all. i add the good new ones at the bottom of the first post.

3G Jester
10-29-2003, 10:12 AM
WOW. i fucking love this thread. i was gonna quote some but id end uip quoting them all. lol i have followed people.....and everythign else. :lol when i got my V6 ACCORD i kept the 3g..i just couldnt part with her or part her. the pictures, the family the meets....hahahaha its all so true :lol

im was freaking out when i couldnt get on the baord for 3 days. i think when i got to basic im going to just shut down and go into sezures.

BITESIZE
10-29-2003, 10:28 AM
-you talk to your 3g like its part of the family

I actually talk to my car all the time (outloud). I don't do it when people are looking though.

Bloodlust
10-29-2003, 10:48 AM
Man, my work productivity drops because of this board :) I find myself spending hours on end reading everything. I go back to whatever I was doing, and 5 minute later.... 3geez.com

:lol I am the say way!

"You follow other 3geez on the road and try to tell them about the board." - I do that all the time. I was on my 15 minute break a few days ago and decided to clog my arteries with McDonalds and I saw a 3g. He yelled something out the window at me and I was like pull over to the parking lot. I guess he never heard me. So I was like shit I gotta find this guy. So I end up meeting up with him like a minute from my house and he was like I was looking for you all over town. I told him about 3geez. My 15 minute break turned into a half hour... :D

Art 1
10-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Same thing with me and school. Almost every post from me is in 4th period. "Internet Research." "How the hell is that a real class?!" you ask, well I don't know the answer, all I know is it's easy access and no work. Right now I'm supposed to be finding biographies on famous people, pfft. I'd rather talk and random things like "You know you love your 3G when..."

jrwillconcepts
12-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Guilty of all! I know exactly where the lighter is too!

I'm josh this is my first time here i meant to spend 5-10 mins. its been 4 hours so far

blazin3gen
12-01-2003, 09:23 PM
lol im glad its been 4hrs not 10mins welcome to the board man :wave:

jrwillconcepts
12-01-2003, 09:33 PM
thax man its nice to see this much surport!!

300700'88lx-i
12-08-2003, 11:57 AM
You know you're a 3g lover (or Accord lover for that matter) if: You see a headline on the front page of the Sac Bee saying "A new bid for Korean accord" and you start wondering if it's anything like the Accord Type-R. You quickly realize what it's actually talking about, and you feel like slapping yourself.:rolleyes:

sporkHSP
12-08-2003, 12:17 PM
... you thank your car for not breaking down after long drives, out of superstition and fear that it may next time if you dont.

Im guilty of everything, my friends hate me for talking about 3geez, and i can spot them with a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, and i point them out to the passengers in the car, followed by the year and trim and any applicable exterior mods/options.
*EDIT*
Just thought about this,
You passionatly hate the kid who laughed and told you to just put a muffler on it...
... nonboosted civic (with boost gauge) driving bastard

Justin86
12-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by jrwillconcepts
Guilty of all! I know exactly where the lighter is too!

I'm josh this is my first time here i meant to spend 5-10 mins. its been 4 hours so far
Damn is is more like 6hrs a day for me.
Also I have talked to of my friends into buying 3G's. :)

Justin86
12-08-2003, 05:41 PM
your neighbors think you are really wierd because they constantly see you going into the garage and working on the 3G and they never see and when they do they are pissed cause your exhaust woke them up at 1:00 in the morning. :D

BMS
12-08-2003, 05:57 PM
This is a really long thread.

89cordlx
12-08-2003, 10:05 PM
you ar a 3g lover if....
- you loose sleep because your imaging what your car will look like lowered with rims
-your car sat in the driveway for over a month because your started to install your header, then had to wait a month (because your to poor to go out right away) to buy air tools because the rust was soo bad
-when rustoleum is your friend

maka_RTH
12-09-2003, 12:23 AM
hey, i remember this thread from almost a year ago, i still think it's one of the greatest threads! i finally thought of some as well:

- when you're torn between picking a 3g with almost a showroom quality engine bay...., and one that has a sunroof
- when you don't mind putting money into a 3g..., even if it isn't really yours
- when one of the main reasons you buy an expensive digicam is to take pictures of the 3g..., and more than half the pics you've taken are of your 3g
- when you wish you could own 5 different 3g's cuz of all the different setups you wanna try..., but you'd be lucky to have the money to do just one of the setups
- when you go to war and the first thing you start looking for is 3g's driving around in the different countries you're in..., and you yell out and jump for joy when you see every one of them
- when you have a piece of chalk and a truck you can draw/write on..., and you turn it into a 3g (will post pics tomorrow)

- sorry..., can't think of anymore right now, but hope you enjoyed!

*edit i posted the pics of the truck: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27589

sporkHSP
12-09-2003, 06:00 AM
...i am so guilty of wanting multiple 3geez

you're a 3geez lover if...
you base your college desicion on whether or not you can bring your 3gee with you, even if it means giving up a 6,000 scholarship

Justin86
12-09-2003, 12:20 PM
When you pull your seats so that your friends don't get the inside dirty.

BMS
12-09-2003, 05:42 PM
When you have the cash to buy a sweet teg, but you wanna keep the 3g anyway.

Mystic1
12-11-2003, 08:36 PM
You know you drive a 3gee when...

-You go to Ace Hardware to pick up your new CAI.
-You only race on an empty tank for the weight reduction.
-Your girl friend keeps feeling the need to remind you that "its just a car" and you tell her never to speek that way infront of <insert 3geez nickname>again.
-You role your eyes at the driver of the <whatever car> because you know he totaly missed at trying to be cool.
-You paint the plastic ring around the clock and 300 people on 3geez are begging to see a picture and want a 10 page step by step on your 'wild new mod'
-when you feel like you need to tell the 3geez board that you just had your oil changed.
-during sex to realize that you might have forgot to get the extra bulb for your 2nd, 3rd brakelite; and you feel the urge to go check.
-a storm rolls in and you look at the power polls near by to judge weather they will hit your ride if one might fall, then re-park acordingly

Just a few that hit a little close to home for me. I've only had my baby for about a month and a half. Check me in a couple years.

sporkHSP
12-11-2003, 08:56 PM
...you are more concerned about your car going into the shop than you are about your girlfriend having surgery.
...your girlfriend says 'babe, i think we might have a problem' because she isnt sure if you love her or your car more.
...you tell her that she might need to pay for some dates because you are saving money for a <insert mod>. and this is followed be a 'babe, i think we might have a problem'.
...you sit out on the driveway for hours in the freezing cold trying to figure out which coolant line broke, so you know which shop you have that hose under warrenty at.

...If we made these into one list, that included all of them, it would be huge. And they are all so true.

cdscowboy
12-11-2003, 09:42 PM
--you find an armrest at the junkyard for $15 and your heart literally skips a bet and you can barely keep from screaming like a little girl cause you just found one of the rarest 3g "mods"....DEFINITELY guilty of that one!!

--and no one else really understands the reasoning stated above.....

--you regularly have random pieces of your car scattered though your room, waiting to have something done to them

--seeing a 3g in a recent magazine is the coolest thing since sliced bread

Mystic1
12-12-2003, 05:22 AM
Being late for work because you just had to check that thread one more time.... ...oh damn it.. ..gotta go

Justin86
12-12-2003, 09:52 AM
"a storm rolls in and you look at the power polls near by to judge weather they will hit your ride if one might fall, then re-park acordingly"
Shit and even my dad will do that to my car if I'm not home.

You are so mad that your car dosen't have OH SHIT handles and when you do get them you call all of your friends and ask them if they want to go for a ride.

Mystic1
12-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Here is a true one from last night

When you pressure washing your 3gee and the front 'H' gets blown off and the first thing you say is 'wow, my stage 1 weight reduction is compleat'

sporkHSP
12-12-2003, 11:57 PM
I feel that OH SHIT handle thing, my friends hate that about my car with the way i drive. whenever someone has to ride in the back seat, they usually just lay down...works for me, and it helps evenly distribute their weight.

sporkHSP
12-13-2003, 12:02 AM
...just got inspiration from the Put a face to that name thread.
-When your My Pictures Folder contains seperate subfolders for Honda and 3Geez, and the 3Geez folder is twice as large.

87accordlxi
12-14-2003, 05:58 PM
You're a 3g owner if your cruise control acts like this...

Accelerate to 70, set the cruise, let off the gas...
Nothing happens, car slows down to 65..
5 seconds later, something magical happens and it decides that it indeed wants to travel at 70mph...
20 seconds later, the car stabilizes at 68mph....
Hit the accel button to make up for the extra 2mph...
Car accelerates to 70, slows back down to 65mph when you let off the accel button...
Finally, car accelerates and stabilizes at 70mph, 45 seconds after initial engagement of cruise control.

89cordlx
12-14-2003, 06:01 PM
or your cruise just don't work hehe

Not like a rock
12-16-2003, 09:59 PM
You thought your Accord was totally sweet before you even found this forum.

87AccordsterLx
12-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
You're a 3g owner if your cruise control acts like this...

Accelerate to 70, set the cruise, let off the gas...
Nothing happens, car slows down to 65..
5 seconds later, something magical happens and it decides that it indeed wants to travel at 70mph...
20 seconds later, the car stabilizes at 68mph....
Hit the accel button to make up for the extra 2mph...
Car accelerates to 70, slows back down to 65mph when you let off the accel button...
Finally, car accelerates and stabilizes at 70mph, 45 seconds after initial engagement of cruise control.

SOOOOOO very true! :lol

Justin86
12-16-2003, 11:27 PM
When people drool over you new custom made turbo manifold!

T's87lx
12-16-2003, 11:43 PM
you are a 3g lover if you insist on taking two cars to go somewhere instead of one, represent

you are a 3g lover if you stay up till 4 in the morning re wireing all the switches you have in your car becuase they keep burning up

you are a 3g lover if you see another 3g at a gas station and u say "hey nice car" then you talk to the guy for an hour becuase hes having problems and is talking about selling it, i told him to keep it or he would regret it,:D

you are a 3g lover if you plan on having the car for you entire life whether you go through ten engines or not...3geez for life:super:

88accordalltheway
05-19-2004, 05:01 PM
--you have your hompage as 3geez.com
--you see a 3gee on the road and the first thing you want to know is if its an 86-87 or 88-89, and does the owner know about the site

blazin3gen
05-19-2004, 06:36 PM
omg DIE already lol

damn thread ahahaha

Strugglebucket
05-19-2004, 09:08 PM
-if the police impound your rusty '88 dx that you just bought for $50 to drive when you're working on your other 3g and instead of just letting it go you pay $50 to the police station and $200 to the shady-a$$ tow yard because you had to rescue it.

:( poor little 3g in prison*sniff*

Justin86
05-19-2004, 10:07 PM
omg DIE already lol

damn thread ahahaha
Soooooo true, but hey we did come up with some pretty good stuff. :D

cdscowboy
05-20-2004, 12:28 AM
-- if you point out to your roommate in every movie or tv show you watch "Hey there's a 3g!!!" while he couldn't care less.
-- if you always seem to have some piece of your car lying around your place at any given point in time, all the while saying to yourself and others "I'm almost done..."

89dxowner
05-20-2004, 01:23 AM
LMAO im guilty of most of those. How bout these?

-when you show off your clear signal lights even though all you did was take out the orange caps

-If your so happy after you find out how to flip the lid just because of the sound even though it doesn't do much

-if you spray paint the inside of your tail lights and call it "custom" Because you cant find any aftermarket ones that look much diffrent.

-If you cruise along side a random person with a 3g just to make it look like you are rollin together

-If you get really excited because you find a "new 3g" at pick-n-pull

-If you call a aftermarket shift nob an upgrade

-Hand out sickers that say 3geez.com to everyone you see with a 3g and tell them to put one on thier car and join the site.

89dxowner
05-20-2004, 02:15 AM
when you talk about you car and your ideas forit and everything pertaining to cars so much that your mom starts to know close to as much as you do about cars

when you have your mom coming back from wherever she went and having her tell you about a cool 3g she saw or some other cool car

when you have friends and family sayin 'rice' and asking whats been going on arond the board

when you see someone getting in or out of their 3g and you run up to them and yell 'i love you!' or some word of affection because its a 3g

when the only way you can get cool gauges are to print them out and glue them on to your existing gauges

when go to walmart and pick up things to make a 3Geez.com t-shirt so you can advertise wherever you go

-writers block.. maybe ill be back with some more :)

LMAO!!!! Those are the funniest ones holy crap i almost wet myself!

89dxowner
05-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Why can't noobs bring stuff like this back, I love this thread. Instead they bring back and post on 6ft underr stuff that people fixed a year ago. ANd Diego, thanks for using my quote in your sig:flip:

Did you get that of of Major Payne?

Majinmica
05-20-2004, 05:43 PM
you are a 3g lover if you insist on taking two cars to go somewhere instead of one, represent

you are a 3g lover if you stay up till 4 in the morning re wireing all the switches you have in your car becuase they keep burning up

you are a 3g lover if you see another 3g at a gas station and u say "hey nice car" then you talk to the guy for an hour becuase hes having problems and is talking about selling it, i told him to keep it or he would regret it,:D

you are a 3g lover if you plan on having the car for you entire life whether you go through ten engines or not...3geez for life:super:

i did that a couple of days ago told him i got first pick on his air intake for his 86.

StillAHondaFreak
05-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Wow guys, I have never felt so welcome in all my life. Seriously, there are so many of those that hit home with me, its unreal. Im gonna grab a new beer and a cigarette, then Ill be back in .

StillAHondaFreak
05-21-2004, 07:12 PM
You know....

Your father tells you "dont mess with this one, just drive it, remember what happened to your 95 civic???" And all you hear is, yea, the body is shot, so just work on the motor and interior, just the stuff you can transfer when you find another 3gee in immaculate shape (body wise) With a blown engine/ tranny/ interior, or all of the above!!!

i.c.
05-21-2004, 07:15 PM
i gotta say i'm so guilty of the following peeps with 3g's....even teh one with 12 inch 100 spokes and a crome uni-wiper(i saw that today....you may think in your head that it looks really bad but home boy was pimpin it :) )

89NinjaAccordLX
06-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Y'all new heads wouldn't know about this... read up. I bring this thread back like, once in a blue moon from the dead.

StillAHondaFreak
06-11-2004, 01:46 PM
ninja, your link to your car is locked!

sporkHSP
06-12-2004, 09:49 PM
hah. you watch Along Came Polly, and instead of being sad that Ben Stiller misses Polly's cab, you get excited because there is a 3gee parked on the street in the background... then you rewind it to see that its an 88-89 LXi, and your girlfriend finishes by adding that it is Lorrell(sp?) Blue Metallic. (ive taught her well ;) )

TheMagi
06-16-2004, 01:11 AM
I love the show, and have seen the episode a bunch of times...but now that i have one i recognize them everywhere!

Chubs87Accord
06-16-2004, 11:57 PM
:D

pixiesfan78
06-20-2004, 11:27 PM
you know your a third gen lover if you find this thread. if you have a ported rear dash" if you choose to spend 35.00 on an intake instead of going out to get layed.if you have to sneak off to the junkyard and smuggle parts into your garrage becouse your familly dosnt want you wasting money on intierior parts. flipping your headlights at other 3gees.oh and if you have enough oil on your underbody to protect it from harsh new england weather and you dont care to remove it cause its 200 dollers to undercoat it. i love this board and all you silly basterds i love the fact that i have the shittyest paint in the world and it still looks sexy to me.most of all i appreiciate the fact that the more i do to the car the better it gets.

MoonScryer
06-21-2004, 03:53 AM
....you constantly go to the track with your auto LXi, and constantly run 18.3's, and constantly keep going back hoping to pull the ultimate: an 18.0 1/4 mi.

....your friend with the 97 Prelude gives you odd looks when you try like made to accelerate, and he not even into VTEC rev range yet.

....you refuse to see the light of day that "your muffler is falling off, every corner/side of the car has some sort of damage, the paint is fading is three places, and you got junkyard grease pencil marks on half your body panels from the replacements" 3geez car is not the best looking bitch on the block, despite what you think.

:D

TheSummoner101
10-08-2004, 12:04 PM
haha so funny yet so true :(

Reptile
10-12-2004, 01:19 PM
"... If you've ever taken your car to a Honda shop and had them exclaim "What in the hell have you done?!". - Sabz5150 at 3Geez.com"

^^^ That is sig worthy.

maka_RTH
10-13-2004, 12:06 AM
hey, i thought of more.
-if the garage at your parents house is a maze from all of your spare parts/parts for you project car, and they can't wait for it to be done
-if the driveway at your parents house has only 3g's in it: one is my project car, the second is my friends that i'm doing some work on, and the 3rd is my parts car
-and once again, they can't wait till you're done fixing/building each one
-you have a dream that your 3g(doesn't matter which one) somehow gets hit, and you're not there, and come up to see that it's gonna be towed away for good, and there's nothing you can do about it and you're completely heartbroken cuz you can't keep it for parts

88Accord-DX
10-13-2004, 12:30 AM
You know you're a 3g lover if you:

Always check Ebay out for a "good deal"

Spend over $600 in one week on paint and Konis struts.

Paint you car with "some" experience when you spent over 3 bills on urethane paint and clear coat & the weather sucks.

89HondaLxi
01-23-2005, 08:45 PM
you know if your a 3gee lover if
"you start up your car everyday to hear the engine and run it up and down your road because youre only 15 and dont have your liscence yet.

895spdforfree
01-23-2005, 09:18 PM
your a 3 gee lover if...

- you come on this board every day hoping someone has posted a new discovery mystery part for a 3 gee but only find people with threads about technical problems and how to fix them

-you expect to find a new thread about "new" motor mounts for the b series but it always ends up being place racing

im done

88accordhb
01-23-2005, 11:10 PM
youre a 3geez lover if you keep tellin your friends you drive a "3geez." it's a fuckin accord fools!

phenox
01-25-2005, 06:25 AM
you know ure an 3g lover if ure about to try and make a 16 hour drive to get one that works

snow_man_20
01-25-2005, 06:39 AM
you know ure an 3g lover if ure about to try and make a 16 hour drive to get one that works

i hope that's not one way, if it is i don't know what that is but it's not love. good luck man i hope it has a good stereo!! :rockon:

conozo
03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Your a 3gee lover when...

You can tell what year the 3gee is by looking at the tail lights.

You get upset when other non Hondas have more miles than you.

When you can say your car is fast but not quick.

jt money
03-16-2005, 04:38 PM
You know you are a 3geez lover:

When everyone tells you that my grandmas car is faster than yours

You have to turn every rock over to find aftermarket parts for it

When you do one lil thing to it, you think you have made a big accomplishment but to others its nothing.

I WOULDNT GIVE UP MY CAR FOR NOTHING. Even when I get my Integra I will still be proud to say im a 3geez owner!!

BMS
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Your a 3gee lover when...
You get upset when other non Hondas have more miles than you...

but you still get the last laugh at the gas station.

VTEC_Inside
04-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Haven't finished reading the whole thread yet, but I have some to add.

- You have at least one extra major component for your car in your basement or around your house

- You keep a supply of appropriately sized windshield washer hose on hand

- You have a 2004 RSX-S sitting in your driveway at home today because your 3g is still a lot of fun to drive. (k, maybe thats just me, lol)

syclinsam
04-12-2005, 07:45 PM
you know your a 3geez lover and a cyclist when...

...you "draft" (on your bicycle) for 3 miles in total awe at the lack of rust the champagne DX you are following has.

...you are somewhat saddened when it finally pulls away and you are stuck drafting a mini van.

...you get excited when the 3gee you were following is getting gas at a station up the road and you pull in an talk to the owner for 15 mins. letting him know just how helpful 3geez.com is

you know your a 3geez lover when...

...you look for 3geez in the parking garage at school and are impressed that you cannot see the 'runs' in the repaint untill you are within 10ft.

lostforawhile
09-15-2005, 06:35 PM
I know this is old so don't flame me, just got to comment,all the years i've been on here and never seen that,laughed till tears were running down my face,the three g in a nutshell. someone please make this a sticky somewhere,thats some of the funniest shit i've ever read on here,and i'm guilty of all of it. :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

lostforawhile
09-15-2005, 07:33 PM
only thing that really ruins it is all the fighting in the middle,maby some of that could be deleted,otherwise it's one of the funniest things i've read in years. got to add one though, you know you are a three g lover when your wife takes an autobody class with you so you can spend quality time together,fixing all the dents in your "other love".
or,your wife doesn't worry about you being late,she knows you are at work in the machine shop making parts for your 3g
or,75 percent of your hard drive is full of pictures of every project you've done on the car

3rdgenhatchDX
09-26-2005, 04:24 PM
i skipped all the fighting that was mentioned... i love my car...

blh1983
07-20-2007, 09:26 PM
You know your a 3G lover when you buy a 4 door model just so there's a comfortable place to get it on.

A saying or two I once heard: "Children in the front seat cause accidents; Accidents in the back seat cause children!" & "Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things!" <----Ok that one is just wrong, lol.

Oh and I know this is an old thread, but I just had to add to it, haha.

2drSE-i
07-20-2007, 10:36 PM
you know your a 3g lover if your offered a perfectly good newer civic for $1000, but you spend $1300 to get the 3g fixed.

oh how ive missed this thread...

Pico
07-20-2007, 10:54 PM
you know your a 3g lover if you buy another perfectly running 3G and you use it as your spare parts car

A18A
07-20-2007, 11:38 PM
when you go get another 3 3geez cause of this site

when you know what engine is in the car from looking in the interior

Cheeseburger
07-21-2007, 12:30 AM
You know when ur a 3rd gen lover if: you can't sleep because you are not certain of what the future of your 3rd gen accord is going to be :(

Civic Accord Honda
07-21-2007, 01:05 AM
you know your a 3geez lover when: you have a old rusted beat up 3rd gen with show susp and needs everything replaced and yet u still keep trying becuz you love the car so much

MessyHonda
07-21-2007, 01:39 AM
you know you are a 3gee lover when you try to get the most rarest option on your car.

se-i set up
fog light switch
dc sturtbar
konis
xenon kit
jdm power folding mirrors

Civic Accord Honda
07-21-2007, 11:58 AM
you know you are a 3gee lover when you try to get the most rarest option on your car.

se-i set up
fog light switch
dc sturtbar
konis
xenon kit
jdm power folding mirrors
lol u dont have power folding mirrors lol

MessyHonda
07-21-2007, 12:05 PM
lol u dont have power folding mirrors lol

you dont have them also....and i dont have konis...im just listing the rare stuff that came to my mind.

ahmad89
07-21-2007, 12:24 PM
You know you are a 3g lover when
you tell someone to lock the passenger door when they get out
Tell them to dont slam the door
Tell them to shut up about making fun of your car
and you tell them that your car lasts longer than their's
Oh and you custom make things to keep it cool :)

russiankid
07-21-2007, 12:27 PM
You know you're a 3geez lover when you park your 3gee far far away from the main crowd because you don't want anyone to put a dent in it.

You know you're a 3geez lover when your car hasn't seen a mechanic in 5 years.

ahmad89
07-21-2007, 12:30 PM
you know your a 3g lover when your car breaks down you dont take it to the shop, you take it home and figure it out.

You know your a 3g lover when you have jumper cables, tool/safety kit, oil, and coolant in your trunk.

A18A
07-21-2007, 01:12 PM
when you take your ccar to a mechanic every week

ahmad89
07-21-2007, 01:23 PM
when you take your ccar to a mechanic every week
thats just stupid :)

A18A
07-21-2007, 01:40 PM
:)

Steve_Si
07-21-2007, 02:31 PM
You know your a 3g lover when you choose to sell your 6th gen JDM F20B DOHC vtec car so you can pay more attention to the 3g.

You know your a 3g lover when you download pics off trademe and adjust brightness and contrast levels cause you think you've seen one of the rarest options in a 3g for sale.

Can anyone see it? Ignore the rice
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/41/45216741_full.jpg

ahmad89
07-21-2007, 02:33 PM
You know your a 3g lover when you choose to sell your 6th gen JDM F20B DOHC vtec car so you can pay more attention to the 3g.
You know your a 3g lover when you download pics off trademe and adjust brightness and contrast levels cause you think you've seen one of the rarest options in a 3g for sale.
Can anyone see it? Ignore the rice
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/41/45216741_full.jpg
yea that stupid JDM glove box pocket thing or whatever the hell it is thats under the glove box. I can make a better one and put a JDM sticker on it will that work for you?

2drSE-i
07-21-2007, 10:47 PM
you know your a 3g lover when you can tell a 3rd gen just by the angle and shape of the rear window/trunk, when nothing else is visible.

You know your a 3g lover when you tell your girlfriend not to put her legs (sexy as they are to look at) on the dash because eventually it will wear it down and i will have to replace it, even though that takes years.

You know your a 3g lover when you have come to terms with the fact that you will always have to tell your passengers to roll up the seat belts ("Roll up the seat belts. No grab it by the part that is closer to the window, ya there u go, pull it down" or "OH GOD DONT SHUT IT YET!" and then you go do it for them.)

ahmad89
07-21-2007, 11:10 PM
"OH GOD DONT SHUT IT YET!" and then you go do it for them.)
Very true, one time my friend she closed the door and the door closed on the clip, i was like EEEK!! then she said sorry and closed it properly. Its retarded how they have the seatbelt in the door, what if the door gets ripped off, your screwed.

A18A
07-22-2007, 04:45 PM
you know your a 3g lover when you can tell a 3rd gen just by the angle and shape of the rear window/trunk, when nothing else is visible.
i'm quilty :lol:

you know ur a 3g lover when you automatically know what size each bolt is & what its for

frantik
07-22-2007, 05:08 PM
You know your a 3g lover when you have come to terms with the fact that you will always have to tell your passengers to roll up the seat belts ("Roll up the seat belts. No grab it by the part that is closer to the window, ya there u go, pull it down" or "OH GOD DONT SHUT IT YET!" and then you go do it for them.)

must be a coupe/hatch thing? :dunno:

ghettogeddy
07-22-2007, 05:38 PM
must be a coupe/hatch thing? :dunno:
ive alwas had the same thing happen to sometimes they just dont roll up

fogged
07-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Im very happy to have my 3gee. I got the car brand new, and yes I put everyone of the 226,863 miles it has on it. I dont know what makes me happier the fact that my car is still going strong, or the fact that my 12yr old son now wants it when he is old enough to drive. Anyway you look at it, the things almost a classic. Im new so give me some time and Ill have ya some pics. Oh yeah and I have to do the same with the seat belts on my coupe.

blh1983
07-22-2007, 06:12 PM
You know your a 3G lover if whenever you see another 3G you make your lights pop up so they notice your driving one too. LOL, if all of the members of this board did this people on the road would be like :wtf:

A18A
07-22-2007, 06:17 PM
i make my lights wink :D

blh1983
07-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeah if you press the button in the cab multiple times they will open up at different intervals. It's funny to see people react to it for the first time. They act like we wired it up just to do that or something, lol.
i make my lights wink :D

Steve_Si
07-22-2007, 06:39 PM
A18A's video makes it look like his car is mentally retarted lol

2oodoor
06-27-2008, 01:41 PM
ah another add moment , Im searching for cyl head info and run across this awesome thread.

...if you already have two running 3 geez, an extra motor and tranny, all kind of desired parts and still looking for a third 3 geez

Civic Accord Honda
06-27-2008, 02:23 PM
--they look at you funny when you tell them what you have and what you are doing to the car----:lol

haha i experienced that the other day

greentee76
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Similar to Roodoo's
When you harrass noobs to sell you the 3g they just bought so you have something to drive while you rebuild the engine in your 3g.
when your parents start the weekly family dinner with "so what did you get done on the car this week"
when you scour the web looking for a horn that sounds like Nelson's laugh from the Simpons so you can blow it (hahaw) everytime you pass the unlucky fools gassing up their gas guzzlers.
when you say things like "this is the last car I'm ever going to own" and you believe it.
when you get a kick outta how much it looks like a motorcycle engine with all that damn emissions crap gone.

2oodoor
06-27-2008, 03:57 PM
awesome greentea ~
wait a second, there is a Nelson horn, wtf, im gone surfing....:wave:

I am pretty stuck with these cars, I only wish they had SRS so my insurance would be cheaper. People are going to really trip out when they see my how to on installing civic air bag restraints..

greentee76
06-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure it exists roodoo. I haven't gone looking yet. I spent too much time reading this thread LOL. Let me know if you find anything.

2oodoor
06-27-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure it exists roodoo. I haven't gone looking yet. I spent too much time reading this thread LOL. Let me know if you find anything.

Im sure we can make one.
All weather KLH or bose speaker
separate eq/amp with mp3 input capablity
PDA or quick cue mp3 player with loaded sound bits

greentee76
06-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah closest thing I came up with is this:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/WOLO-RECORD-A-HORN-/GP_2009874_N_111+10201+600015180_10101.jcw
Recordable horn.

A18A
06-27-2008, 05:39 PM
when you just glimpse at the tv and spot a 3gee in the background on whatever you're watching

89coupe
06-27-2008, 05:48 PM
you kno your a 3 gee lover when your on this site all damn day cuz it makes you happy to see how good other 3 gees look.....

MessyHonda
06-28-2008, 07:21 AM
you know you are a 3g lover when you have a post count like me :)

lostforawhile
06-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Yeah closest thing I came up with is this:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/WOLO-RECORD-A-HORN-/GP_2009874_N_111+10201+600015180_10101.jcw
Recordable horn.
that would work great for that ,try to find the spot where he laughs and says SUCKER! I myself would rather have a patrick horn http://www.funbumperstickers.com/images/Patrick_star.gif

1ajs
06-28-2008, 10:48 AM
when you go half way around the world to go hang with fellow owners.

Civic Accord Honda
06-29-2008, 04:34 PM
you know your a 3gee lover when: when you know your current 3gee is shot and is a lost cause and u know ur coming in to enough money to get a late 90s car and you decide to look for another 3gee

markmdz89hatch
06-30-2008, 06:10 AM
you know your a 3gee lover when: when you know your current 3gee is shot and is a lost cause and u know ur coming in to enough money to get a late 90s car and you decide to look for another 3gee

Couldn't have said that one better myself. I was just looking into the new Caddy CTS-V, and decided against the 60K car so I could save some $$ to put into the 3G.

you know when... ...you start to actually understand the vacuum line mess under the hood.