PDA

View Full Version : Considering B16 swap...

Hash_man_Se_i
06-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey, I am considering doing a B16 swap at the middle/end of the summer. I have an 89 SE-i, and I can get the B16A1 with the tranny for $1200 American. which is like 1800 Canadian for me.
I am thinking i will get a shop to do the work, and not do it myself, and i know the info is on the site somewhere... but what EXACTLY will i need to do this swap.. and do you think the swap is a good idea??

ghost_ny
06-10-2003, 03:49 PM
ask oldschoolswap he sells all the necessary parts for the swap. i'm buying swap parts from him but you need
mounts
harness
axels
2 specific brakets(OSS will tell you)
shift rod
and i think thats it

Elijah
06-10-2003, 04:07 PM
What province are u in I think it openloop or carotman that are in OT they have experience with swaps in our cars.Someone can correct me if I'am wrong.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-10-2003, 08:34 PM
I am in Calgary, AB man... thats cool that there are a few people from the "great white north" haha...

toastyghost
06-12-2003, 12:38 AM
i think there is some other tranny-related part that you need

and first of all you're not reading engine code right, openloop and carot have teh b20a swaps. although i'm sure they know plenty about it, b16a swap is not waht they are most noted for i dont think

and also while i'm on the subject, openloop is in california and carotman is in canada... you are you getting your ca's mixed up :)