PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belt Bell (door ajar bell)

Mike's89AccordLX
06-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Alright guys I asked this guy if I could buy his accord car bra. And he called me back and told me that his seat belt light keeps blinking and that the dome light stays on and that a bell keeps dinging. (I think the door ajar bell) He said that he fixed the door sensor, (don't know if it was a new one or not). He said he'd give me a good deal on the car bra if I help him. I told him that it's possible that it's electrical. (I forgot to tell him to check the ECU box) He has an 89 LX-i Coupe. I told him about the site and also to register. He also took it to Honda and they said it would be a few hours to have them check it out before they knew what it was. Please help me guys on this. Thanks

-Mike

P.S. The belt light doesn't turn off and neither does the bell. He said the dome light sometimes turns off if he shuts it softer or harder sometimes. So I really don't think the dome light would be part of the seat belt problem.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-10-2003, 03:56 PM
I think I will have to meet the guy and check it out for myself. I think what I might try is spray some WD-40 on the door switch maybe use a zip tie to make the door sensor close more. I'm going to check the seat belt wire to the sensor. Would there be something wrong with the seat belt relay? I don't know if he has those auto seat belts or not (probably does have them)

Mike's89AccordLX
06-10-2003, 03:57 PM
How much do you think I should offer him for the car bra anyways? Would it fit on my sedan? It's one of the 1/2 bras. where it only covers like the top half of the front end. Thanks

A20A1
06-10-2003, 04:56 PM
door sensor? it'as just a metal contact... nothing special about it. Disconnect the wire and see if it stops. I think the wires behind the interior trim pannel... not too sure though.

johndej
06-10-2003, 05:28 PM
take the bell out. thats what i did when my friend closed the seat belt clip in the door and broke the sensor off. the beeper thing is up in that little box behind the rear view mirrior. just unscrew that stuff and pull the wires out of the back of it and it won't beep agian.

A20A1
06-10-2003, 05:39 PM
No this isn't an issue about the annoying beep when the door is open... i assume he's saying that the switch on the door is fucked up and is causing the lights and the beep to stay on even with the door closed...

Thats why i suggested to remove the wire to the switch on the drivers door to see if in fact the switch is causing the problem.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-10-2003, 05:57 PM
So remove the wire to the L switch thing on the door? I don't know if the guy wants it to still turn on the dome light when it's open. How much do you think a good offer is on a used bra for the car? Thanks again guys.

A20A1
06-10-2003, 06:53 PM
this isn't to repair the thing... it's to see if the switch is the problem or not.

accordlxi2.0
06-12-2003, 06:26 PM
that has to be the control box that's under the radio.