PDA

View Full Version : Air Suspension

accord19882002
06-10-2003, 06:04 PM
OK, here's the deal. My buddy has air cylinders on a 98 accord V6. He's getting rid of the car and offered the whole system, guages and all, to me for $700 or less. Good deal, but I have two concerns. What kind of mods will I have to make for it to fit my car(or will it even fit). I'm hoping it's just a matter of welding on new mounting brackets. Second, he has 3/8" valves on it and they're way too quick on that car and my car is lighter, but the valves are welded on to the tank. Is there any way that I can slow the system down without changing the valves. Thanks alot.

3rdGenFanatic
06-11-2003, 10:21 PM
You could use an air line adapter from a hardware store to downsize the diameter. It should screw right into your 3/8. I'm not too certain about how they'll fit, though.

tk89acc
06-12-2003, 03:09 PM
You can pick up a reducer it should slow down the air a little. What kit is it that he has for the car, AIM, EAI or what?

accord19882002
06-13-2003, 05:47 PM
3rdGenFanatic, one of my 3 jobs is Ace Hardware, so I've already thought of that possibility, but thanks anyway. Tk, I'm pretty sure it's an AIM kit, and I haven't heard good things about them. However, I think there's been a change of plans. I found out that I can finance a newer ('98 and up) Civic for about $150 a month. I'm not a huge Civic fan, but they're cheap and to get that deal I have to get a newer car, so I can't just go back to a 5th gen Accord or something. Anyhoo, I'm gonna get a Civic or 'Teg and drive it while I park my car in the garage and totally rebuild it. So I'll probably be on here more than ever here soon.