PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

SPDboy
06-11-2003, 04:53 AM
ok so my oil light was coming on and I checked it and added a quart but it stayed on, so I put a pressure gauge on it and at idle its runnin about 1-5 psi at 3k rpm its aroung 25psi. So I purchase a new oil pump, pay a garage to install it and clean the pickup line (remove oil pan and clean pickup tube thingy). They get it together..SAME FRIGGIN PRESSURE..so now I am 300 in the hole, they say not to worry about it because the engine is not ticking or making moises like there is no oil, and the said the main bearings looked fine. they also said they found some metal filings in the bottom of the oil pan. WTF could be causing my oil pressure to be so low? the motor runs fine but I am worried I will hafta drop a new motor in this car......HELP!

SPDboy
06-11-2003, 08:46 AM
its amazing, I go to a 3rd gen accord forum where everyone is suppose to know everything about these cars, and not one single response.

A20A1
06-11-2003, 09:32 AM
I would check your radiator fluid and make sure your head gasket isn't blown and causing oil to leak into the coolant.

I would also consider changing the filter housing gaskets and possibly the entire filter housing... because that contains the pressure relief spring.

SPDboy
06-11-2003, 09:54 AM
hmmm pressure relief spring...........................

A20A1
06-11-2003, 10:00 AM
:lol So what does that mean???

Do you want an explination? Or is it just a nod like.... "Yeah that could be it"...?

SPDboy
06-11-2003, 10:07 AM
hmmmmmmmm whats an explination..........................

and I need to look that part up in the "ye ole downloaded manual"

A20A1
06-11-2003, 10:27 AM
explanation...

BTW I'm not sure what that part is called... I just know it's what you srew the filter onto.