PDA

View Full Version : hood scoop

wprocomp
06-11-2003, 09:07 AM
I am serouisly thinking of putting some kinda forced induction on my car (no turbo),so far I have set my eyes on a WRX scoop and a louverd scoop....the WRX style one would mount where the washer nozzles were and the louverd one would mount near the intake inlet near the fender,which one should I get....give me some ideas...

A20A1
06-11-2003, 09:22 AM
WRX!!! Just make sure you get the taller version of the scoop... and the fiberglass one because the plastic one needs extra supports in the middle. So mounting the fiberglass one is easier.

I had a 3" tall scoop on once and it really grabbed a lot of air. It was aluminum... and pretty ghetto looking but at 70mph the metal bulged so I added 2 bolts to hole the leading endge of the scoop to hold it down.

wprocomp
06-11-2003, 09:34 AM
hey I knew I would hear from you A20 lol,I think the WRX scoop would be the best too,but the thing is I am still working on the civic intake adapter and if it points towards the tranny it wont pick up as much air as the louverd one would.....I could fab a aluminum housing to the filter thats directs the air flow to the filter from the WRX scoop though,what about that?sounds like a project.

wallyyfm
06-11-2003, 04:54 PM
some dude with a red accord out in cali had a nice scoop induction, his name was integra somethin

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-12-2003, 08:57 AM
i think the aluminum housing idea could work. you'll just have to find out how far into the engine bay you can go without having to move stuff. i saw stacy do a hood scoop and direction housing on an episode of TRUCKS. it was cool, he got a cuda style hood and scoop for a nice 99(i think) chevy. looked sweet in the end. that little schpiele was a little off the topic, but hey.

Techno
06-12-2003, 09:09 PM
Try changing out your pipe on your carb to the one weber makes on www.carbsunlimited.com the part # is air551
Then you could build some sort of custom box to channel the air from the WRX scoop to the 3" intake on the weber pipe

1988starter
06-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Here is a pict I forget who's it was I just hosted it I think he said it was from a WRX
http://www.geocities.com/geezpict/scoop/scoop.txt
http://www.geocities.com/geezpict/scoop/side.txt

A20A1
06-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Thats real nice... kinda lumpy around the edges but nice.