PDA

View Full Version : Armorall your dash this instant!

87DXHatch
06-06-2002, 07:12 PM
Unless you custom painted your dash parts, go out and Armorall your dash! I spent 2 hours yesterday cleaning my dash and doors and then I Armoralled it.

It looks SOOOO nice I could just die! Everything is all shiny and pretty! One question though, is Armorall supposed to attract dust this easily or is it that I can see it easier?

accordboricua
06-06-2002, 08:07 PM
It's normal than when u apply armor all to any surface, dust will stick easier. What I do to prevent that is after I apply the armor all, I use a cotton cloth and remove all the excess that makes it sticky. This works for me. :D And hell yeah...our dashes....with a little armor all...just look so great! :D

Dutchboy
06-06-2002, 08:09 PM
I noticed that it does that tooo.....after it wears off a bit it wont atttract it that much though...
One word of advice..Dont get it on any of your pedals....I got it on my pedals and it was like a skating rink..its very hard to drive when you cant keep your foot on them...

great to hear it looks good..it better if you spent that long working on it..:)

Ben

Afrosheen
06-06-2002, 08:18 PM
Armorall? Hell no! That stuff breaks down the vinyl/plastic in your dash when it soaks in and the sun cooks it day after day. Plus a reflective (shiny) dash is dangerous. I don't like seeing my dash superimposed over traffic...having a shiny dash sucks IMHO. I like it nice and matte.

guaynabo89
06-07-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Afrosheen
Armorall? Hell no! That stuff breaks down the vinyl/plastic in your dash when it soaks in and the sun cooks it day after day. Plus a reflective (shiny) dash is dangerous. I don't like seeing my dash superimposed over traffic...having a shiny dash sucks IMHO. I like it nice and matte.

Agree:D

87DXHatch
06-07-2002, 07:35 AM
Well I still think it looks awesome. I did a lot more than just my dash so my doors and other plastic stuff look awesome too. The only mistake I made was I put it on the steering wheel, so now it is a little more slippery but it looks fantrabulous!

CoAsTeR
06-07-2002, 08:37 PM
yeah it looks good but you're not supposed to put it on any control surfaces such as brake pedals, shifter knob, STEERING WHEEL etc. The dash in my last car cracked with the help of armorall so I don't recommend using it. But it does look good... maybe once every few months or so.......

87accordlx
06-09-2002, 05:16 PM
what product do you guys use to get a nice clean matte surface?

Afrosheen
06-09-2002, 05:20 PM
Just soap and water. The rubber is naturally matted so if you scrub on it long enough it'll look normal. Or use some simple green, heard that's good shit also.

marc49
06-09-2002, 05:42 PM
I use armorall's "low gloss" formula.. Is just right.. I My dash is perfect with no cracks and my grandpa used armorall since he first got it back in 87.. The key to keeping a dash from cracking is the amount of applications of a armorall "type" product.. If you use it too much, like every week, your dash will crack more than likely, if you don't use it at all, it will definitely crack.. I try to do mine once a month or every 6 weeks..

Again, I have no cracks and the summers here get up to over 100 degrees...

POS carb
06-09-2002, 10:13 PM
the meguiars dash/vinyl/rubber spray works great for me but it says you shouldn't get it on plastic :confused: Not a smooth move considering most new cars are like 80% plastic
:werd:

87DXHatch
06-11-2002, 08:59 PM
Marc,

Thanks for clearing that up! I was beginning to get a little confused because everyone on here said it would make your dash crack but the label on the bottle said it protected your dash. What you said makes perfect sense. Kudos!

Jerren
06-12-2002, 02:06 PM
yah a shiny dash is very dangerous. but it does look nice. but i really dont like it super shiny. but i hate it when its ashy. so i just wipe off the excess crap.