PDA

View Full Version : body kit performance

Osiris
06-11-2003, 09:12 AM
I was reading thru the "racing stories" section and i was thinkin of what mods i need to do to my car to make it a contender. One big big thing ive been goin back in forth about tho is body kits. Besides the point that its more aerodynamic will it effect my performance any and is it worth gettin. Im not in to show, more into go.

BTW. I have a 86 LX (carb). Whats the difference between cold air and regular intakes and can i get one for my car?

Mike89Accordcom
06-11-2003, 09:15 AM
I don't think a bodykit will help your performance. Not in a 3G anyway. Our 3G's are not fast, so I'd save your money. Just get some engine mods to spice up your speed a little.....

toastyghost
06-11-2003, 12:12 PM
and a 3ft tall aluminum wing :D

shepherd79
06-11-2003, 01:22 PM
if you are about performace, you shouldn't even think about the looks.
read the carb section of this forum for more info on custom cold air intake.

A20A1
06-11-2003, 01:59 PM
I would go for a full smooth front air dam and possibly a no-flip up light conversion that keeps the low 3g hood line.

Kaminari comes close with the 88-89 front bumper but it's not the full bumper it's just an add on.

Osiris
06-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Thx shep for the info on the carb...matter of fact my car has been runnin like a load of crap lately. Im suspecting the carb is to blame.

Experimental_Honda
06-11-2003, 04:01 PM
body kit wont do shit might slow your car down..............

Morpheus
06-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Experimental_Honda
body kit wont do shit might slow your car down..............

yah no shit.
Performance wise stock bumpers are prolly the best.

Grant2k
06-12-2003, 07:22 AM
i think an air damn would be the last thing that you should do once you have the performance of your car where you're happy with it. to get ideas for a functional damn look at American Iron series cars and see how they make theirs'. they are mostly sheet metal riveted to the bottom of the stock bumper. any body kit you can buy will be designed for looks and not performance.

1988starter
06-12-2003, 07:48 AM
I blame 2f2f for this

c20v6turbo3rdgen
06-13-2003, 11:31 AM
i just cu out all the grill things in the middle of my bumper thing. Now I am going to cut another hole where I cut on the bottom o the end of my stok cold air intake... I am going to cut a whole facing the back of my fog light so it can take in all the air from the front and on the bottom...

Osiris
06-13-2003, 03:32 PM
c20v6turbo3rdgen i just cu out all the grill things in the middle of my bumper thing. Now I am going to cut another hole where I cut on the bottom o the end of my stok cold air intake... I am going to cut a whole facing the back of my fog light so it can take in all the air from the front and on the bottom...

Im no mechanical expert or nothing but what if you took a piping the same size as your air filter and ran it down to the little grill pieces on the bottom, in any setup that you liked. Would that be more effecient. Kinda like a forced air cold air induction setup.:confused:

A20A1
06-13-2003, 10:39 PM
http://www.mwmd.com.au/hill4pic.htm

something like that in the front.

Osiris
06-16-2003, 11:22 PM
What im saying is, where the holes are in the front air dam. You could run the end of CAI filter in there. Dont know how that work but it seems cool...lol