PDA

View Full Version : black light/ neon question

badb0i
06-11-2003, 09:18 AM
i want to insert a bunch of black light/neon inside me car without directing them to the cigarette outlet for a clean look. I've seen them on many cars before.

86hatchbackLXi
06-11-2003, 01:44 PM
find any 12v source and wire in a switch and fuse, its very easy

Nothingbuta3Gthang
06-11-2003, 05:34 PM
I wired some strobes in my truck directly off the battery. First I mounted the strobes where I wanted them, then ran wires from them to the transformer. Then the negative wire from the transformer was wired to the negative battery terminal. I then ran a wire from the postive battery terminal through the firewall and into a switch mounted in the dash. Then another wire was wired from the switch back to the transformer. If you buy a strobe kit designed for cars, it should come with a transformer. If it has a cigarette lighter adapter, you can cut that off and hardwire it directly to the battery. And the cool thing about having the switch in the dash is that you can rig as many strobes up to one switch as you'd like. I have all mine rigged to one switch, so when I flip it all my strobes come on. You could also do seperate switches for each light you want, too.