PDA

View Full Version : DX amplifier wireing help

88 Accord DX
06-11-2003, 11:30 AM
okay when i installed the power line to my first amp it was a sorry ass job. i went from the front to the back seats, then i went around the outline of the seats and went through a little hole behind the rear seats. but i want this install to be really professionally done. how should i run the power, rmt, and RCA wires???

86hatchbackLXi
06-11-2003, 01:34 PM
take apart the interior and run wires under the carpet, take your time and do it neatly, remember to run the RCAs on an opposite side than the power unless you want to be plauged with engine noise. i have found that its easiet to run the power and remote down the drivers side, and the RCAs down the passenger side.

shepherd79
06-11-2003, 02:10 PM
do what 86hatchbackLXI told you.
that is how i did my system setup.

88 Accord DX
06-11-2003, 10:21 PM
thanks but that didnt help me one bit. thats how my setup is installed now. what i really need to know is how to get the power wires into the trunk. i guess i should have specified that the first time. my bad.

shepherd79
06-12-2003, 12:45 PM
here is what i did to run two Alpine amps.
i ran 4 gage wire from the battery. (don't worget to put fuse next to the battery). i ran that 4 G wire without cutting or anything all the wat back to the trunk. when you close your back seat ( you may not have this feature on DX model).
anyway, you will have to remove the back seat to get full access to the trunk.
the only way to hide the wires is to move the wires under the carpet.

TJ89Accord
06-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Yah, it makes it MUCH easier to fold the seat down (if you can). Or if you just take out the whole back seat. Good luck..

tim

89AcCOrDmike
06-12-2003, 07:56 PM
i just took a close hanger and shoved the wire underneath the seat, and hooked out with the close hanger from the trunk, it takes some pushin and pullin, but it works

88 Accord DX
06-12-2003, 09:56 PM
alright i guess i am gonna have to take out the back seat. this is what i was afraid of. oh well. once i get it done, there will we some things that you look at and will be like "whaaaa???" cuz it will look so tight.