PDA

View Full Version : HELP,my car just turned to shit!

flamed89
06-11-2003, 06:03 PM
I don't know what i did but I think I fucked it up royally! I just finished my 5-speed swap and now my car is overheating,the e-brake light is flashing on and off and the check engine light is flashing on and off.my buddy said he thinks i may have a vac line off but i can't find one.The master cylinder is full,and i think the thermostat may be stuck but i'm not real sure.I used a guage cluster out of an lx maybe the printed circuit is different from the lx-i.Someone please help before i get pissed and drive this thing into a wall!

smufguy
06-11-2003, 09:40 PM
The gauge cluster for a lxi and the lx are different even though the dash wiring for the lx and the lxi are the same. So that means the PC board behind the gauge cluster is also different. Check what kinda code the ECU is throwing. Over heating is prolly due to a stuck closed thermostat, as u mentioned. Also it could be due to air in the coolin system.

flamed89
06-14-2003, 09:54 AM
yea the thermostat was acually broken and couldn't open.fixed all of those problems i guess cause my idiot lights stopped coming on,and temp gauge is less thn halfway up the gauge so they seem to be working good too so far.

shepherd79
06-14-2003, 06:27 PM
you can swap LXI gauges into DX or LX but not the other way around.