PDA

View Full Version : 88 Lx-i Problems?!?!

88WhiteLX-i
06-06-2002, 08:51 PM
Well here it is, when I very first start my car in the morning it used to just start right off and idle around 2000 to warm itself up. but now for the last few weeks, I would turn it over but it would fumble around 1000 rpm for about a half a second and then go up to 2000.... It doesn't rev right up when I start the engine anymore it fumbles a tiny bit for about a half a second then revs up. Iam not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have been noticing a funy smell coming from under my hood lately. And this problem only happens when the car it cold, when its warm it has no problem at all. Iam not sure if anyone has had this problem or anything close to it. But I was thinking of changing my gas filter, and o2 sensors, not sure if that would help but Iam willing to give it a shot. I have also just done a complete tune up.... Spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and air filter. Thank you to anyone that can help!!!! :bow: :bow:

TeKKnoTeKK
06-06-2002, 11:01 PM
When you say strong smell do you mean fuel? May be worth trying the 02 sensor, I would try some fuel injection cleaner first cuz it's cheaper :D usually if your 02 sensor is out the check engine light will come on, maybe you need to replace them both tho lol.

ACCORD EX
06-06-2002, 11:30 PM
i have a carb althought my car sometimes doesn't go to high rpms in the mornings so just push the gas once hard ( quickly ) and the rpm will hang up high till it warms up ! :D

MIKE

88WhiteLX-i
06-07-2002, 01:06 PM
the smell is an exhaust smell, and I can only smell it some times. And this probably only happens when I start in like the mornings or after it's been sitting for a while. And yes I have tried injector cleaner in the tank I have now, it's not down to the bottom yet so all of the injector cleaner isn't gone. has anyone on here changed there 02 sensors and had any noticeable difference????THanks guys!!! :stick: