PDA

View Full Version : Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear Group Buy / Formerly Fidanza

Pages : [1] 2

Justanothermike
06-12-2003, 06:00 AM
my brothers been talking to the fidanza guy and he sed hed be willing to make a batch of cam gears for the a20. catch is there needs to be about 20 made. price will be $110 each. They are all aluminum, not aluminum with the factory steal teeth. Timing marks etched in. And is available in 2 other colors aswell. Blue and red. I think maybe $5-10 more for the color. If theres enough interest i'll set it up. if not, o-well.
email: [email protected]

i believe they will look like this one.

http://www.aluminumflywheels.com/imgs/Cam_Gear_Front.jpg

Alright guys, I know I've been real quiet on this thread lately, and there's been a ton of people PM'ing me asking about this. Here's the deal, the reason I've been quiet and not very forth-coming with answers lately is b/c I've been trying to work out a deal with a different manufacturer.
What many do not know is that Darryl (OpenLoop) is doing this at his cost, and in some aspects of this deal, he's losing a deal of money just to make this happen.
So, I got on the horn with other manufacturers, and with Darryl. ...and together we were able to convince GoldenEagle to do this for us. They were much more accomodating on the min. buy in to do this, which was the aim of this whole new venture. Now, if anyone wants to check out their product, check out http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com/street.html and click on "440 adjustable cam gear". That's what we'll be getting. It is available in Black, Titanium (color), Red, Blue and Silver. When you send payment, please specify color.
So here's the deal, many people who already paid have been waiting on this for quite some time and many wanted to see this become more of a reality before they sent their money, and many are just waiting on the go-ahead from me to send in the money, but either way, we need the waiting to end.
Payment details are the same. Everything's going through OpenLoop to avoid confusion.
Now here's the red-tape: The cut-off date for this buy will be February 29th, so if you want in, get in. If you want one, you MUST send payment by then. Golden Eagle will not open a run again until another 15 are going to be made. If only 21 people send money, only 21 gears will be made. There is no plan to have any extras made.
It's time for everyone to put their money where their mouth is and ante up.
If anyone has any questions on any of this, or if anyone who has already paid wants to back out for whatever reason, PLEASE PM me.
Let's keep this thread clean going forward.
If you are going to send payment to Darryl, Please notify me, so I can give him a heads up to expect the $$.

CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CAM GEAR DEGREES ( ADVANCE / RETARD ) (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=36965)

bobafett
06-12-2003, 07:07 AM
looks good. i might be interested.

since you guys have used them at openloop, would you say that the gains would be worthwhile? $110 really is a good price as far as i am concerned

Nate2310
06-12-2003, 07:24 AM
Yeah i'd be interested

1988starter
06-12-2003, 07:46 AM
cool I am interested

Techno
06-12-2003, 10:12 AM
I would be interested. When R they going to be made?

Techno

A20A1
06-12-2003, 12:18 PM
after there is 20 people I guess. and the money shows up.

wprocomp
06-12-2003, 01:56 PM
yeah I want one! I am definitly going to get one check your pm.

88' Accord Ltd
06-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Count me in for one! I'll put my money aside next payday! :D

dXsquared
06-12-2003, 06:54 PM
when you have like 18 or 19 buyers.. ill be in.. im not commitiing till then..

Travis

Vanilla Sky
06-13-2003, 03:50 AM
if i get another 3gee, i'm in... looks favorable, but i'll wait to be one of the last ones in like travis

88LXi68
06-13-2003, 06:28 AM
I commend you guys at Openloop for trying but sadly most of the members here are all talk. :(

BTW: $110 is a good price for an adjustable cam gear

87accordlxph
06-13-2003, 06:43 AM
Thoses look pretty sharp.
I'll take one when I see a list w/ those that paid for them already.

-Mike

bobafett
06-13-2003, 06:48 AM
man if everyone punks out like that its never gonna happen.

this IS a good deal... i just dont know how much HP a cam gear would help out without a cam grind (although i wouldnt mind getting one. :) )

then again who knows if i will still need it later down the road when i am turboed. ahhh heck i probably will still need it!

if i had the money i would commit already. but i dont wanna flake out at the end if i cant afford it. i will say this: if possible i will get money put aside for it! because i know this isnt gonna be an everyday group buy

spanky5485
06-13-2003, 12:27 PM
im in

pm me with details

ryan

Justin86
06-13-2003, 05:56 PM
For $110 a piece, I'm in on it.

joker2
06-14-2003, 06:42 AM
Put me down for one...... This will make a nice addition to my new engine.....:D

Brettmans5
06-15-2003, 10:48 AM
how soon do you have to let the guy know? i am interested but its takes me a bit to come up with $110 US plus shipping so if you can wait a little while i am in.

G Man89
06-15-2003, 05:46 PM
I'll take one. $110 is not a bad price.

3rdGenFanatic
06-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Count me in. Anything to tidy up the bay.

HondaBoy
06-26-2003, 09:46 PM
i will want one. is that going to be extra hardened aluminium? i want it to last. and another thing, the adjustable bit is to add torque? right?

A20A1
06-26-2003, 11:41 PM
I think you need to send an E-mail when you have the money and are ready to send it... I'm not sure if Mikey's checking this thread or not.

L3G10N
06-28-2003, 08:32 AM
if the cam gear of the a20a are the same camgear of the b20a, i'll maybe take 2 cam gear

myaccord7
06-30-2003, 08:44 PM
i might be able to get 2 3geez, if this is still going on

zach

1988starter
07-03-2003, 12:26 PM
Ok I sent my cash for my place now every one else E-mail mike with the link on the first page and get your order in.

myaccord7
07-09-2003, 09:11 PM
is this still in the works? i would like to do it also.

zach

1988starter
07-10-2003, 08:36 AM
yea use the E-mail on the first page and he will give you more info I sent my money allready.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Hey 1988starter I'm thinking about getting one of these cam gears. What will it add? I will need a timing light for sure now won't I? I guess I will have to wait until I get everything for my stereo system.

1988starter
07-10-2003, 08:44 AM
It allows some cam advance without goind a whole tooth I believe open loop gained 3 real HP at the wheels dyno tuning with one.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-10-2003, 08:47 AM
Will I need to get it dyno tuned? Or can I just use a timing light?

1988starter
07-10-2003, 08:49 AM
I am not sure I do plan on dyno tuning but for now I just want to get in on one of the rare occasions when you can actually get one. Then I will play with it a bit using my ass dyno untill I can get on a real one. besides this seems like a nice price for a custom job.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Do you know how many he has left or what? I will need to wait a week for another paycheck.

1988starter
07-10-2003, 09:15 AM
I think he is still collecting money for the buy like you with the bars so I would suggest you e-mail him for more info what he told me was 110 for silver and 115 for blue or red. If you need a week I don't think it will be a problem.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Sweet. Maybe I could make him a strut bar and we could swap and I could pay some extra cash. :)

1988starter
07-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Sweet. Maybe I could make him a strut bar and we could swap and I could pay some extra cash. :)

You never know.

Eric89Carb.
07-11-2003, 04:50 PM
i want one but i don't know if you have any more left:( let me know i like one

Eric89Carb.
07-11-2003, 04:51 PM
oh yea i give you my adress 1112 Hoalu PL. Wailuku, Maui,Hawaii

Justin86
07-12-2003, 10:11 PM
I would love to get one but I'm still unsure on my engine. If I can't get it figured out B20 swap for me.

Justanothermike
07-15-2003, 12:14 PM
OK!!!!!!
FOR ALL YOU 2ND AND3RD GEN ACCORDS AND PRELUDES!!!!!

IN RESPONSE FOR ALL OF YOUR NEEDS FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS...

" DOES ANY ONE MAKE CAMS GEARS FOR OUR CARS??"

I've made the go ahead to make the run. But the only thing is have to make 50 of them to make it worth wille!!!

Here's the details:
- 100% 6061 t6 Alunimum, half the weight of the stock piece
- The aluminum is hard anodized and temperd, stronger than cast steel.
- Lazer etched degree marks, for accurate adjustments and timing.
- CNC Machined gears for ultimate in precision timming down to the .001"
- 5 blots hold the pices togather for non-slipage accuracy.
I will be the only supplier of the cam gears.

For all that want red or blue I will need your orders now- ASAP.
Ineed to tell them how many Of what color this week.
Or else I'll just make silver ones for the rest.

- Nice to have custom parts to your specs :D

As of right now I'm selling them at cost (my cost) to you. so I will not be making an thing on these to help you guyes out!!! :)
Now If you do the math thats how much money I have to put up front ; ie: not cheep for me!!! But here is a problem I dont at this moment have the budget for all of them at this time Because of the new set limit 50 pices. I really only have the budget for 10 of them. So if I really need to Iwill cut off the purchase if I cant get the funds to gather, (Refunds will be given). This is the bes price you can get for practicaly any cam gear 110, 115 blue or red, let alone for part not even made. So if you lucky guyes make the order now you get that price. I am going to raise prices in december to recop my losses. not much tho
so order now and you definately have one. Due to production times and machineing set up it will take aproximately 6-10 weeks till compleation. If you can wait 4 years why not wait another couple of weeks!!

In order to make an order follow these few easy steps:

1) E-MAIL me with the quantity and color you want with your mailling adress.to/ at :

[email protected]

2) I'll ask youto send Me your check or money order, made out to: Open-Loop Motorsports

3) or pay via: pay pal to: [email protected]

4) I'll call in orders buy end of next week.
and I'll ship you in 6-10 weeks via: provided shipping address.

I thanks you all for your coperation/ patience and help to provide more after market support for the 2nd/3rd gen Accords and Preludes!!!

As I gain more info I'll let you guys Know !!

So if you were still wondering if any one made cam gears for the 3g Accord A20 motor.... your in the right spot. In 6-10 weeks you'll have one !!!!!!

I hope I've answered most of your questions, any other specific questions send an e-mail.
I know I'm a nice guy.

I thankyou again for your prompt coperation.
Darryl @ Open-Loop Motorsports

1988starter
07-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Well I allready sent money common guys get your acts together.

88LXi68
07-15-2003, 01:53 PM
I posted this info on HPOA.com

88' Accord Ltd
07-15-2003, 06:27 PM
I sent mine out last friday! :)

Mike's89AccordLX
07-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know if these will work with the JDM B20A motors? B/c I want to buy that motor. So I just wanna know if these will work.

88' Accord Ltd
07-15-2003, 09:05 PM
I don't think they will, or else everyone would have bought lightened cam gears for a B series engine and put them on their A20.

87PreludeSi
07-16-2003, 06:02 AM
I thank everyone for putting the group buy on HPOA. I am the gen2 mod over there, and for reasons that I am not going to mention, group buys are no longer alloud in public ... I promise there is a good reason, basically two guys fucked it up for everyone else. Neway, I am passing the info along to all the other gen2 owners, and you should have some sort of head count out of us in a couple of days. Thank you again!

J

NOAHS88accord
07-16-2003, 06:19 AM
add me on to this buy man

[email protected]

88LXi68
07-16-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by NOAHS88accord
add me on to this buy man

[email protected]

you have to contact him....

1988starter
07-16-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Justanothermike
OK!!!!!!
FOR ALL YOU 2ND AND3RD GEN ACCORDS AND PRELUDES!!!!!

IN RESPONSE FOR ALL OF YOUR NEEDS FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS...

" DOES ANY ONE MAKE CAMS GEARS FOR OUR CARS??"

I've made the go ahead to make the run. But the only thing is have to make 50 of them to make it worth wille!!!

Here's the details:

- Nice to have custom parts to your specs :D

As of right now I'm selling them at cost (my cost) to you. so I will not be making an thing on these to help you guyes out!!! :)
Now If you do the math thats how much money I have to put up front ; ie: not cheep for me!!! But here is a problem I dont at this moment have the budget for all of them at this time Because of the new set limit 50 pices. I really only have the budget for 10 of them. So if I really need to Iwill cut off the purchase if I cant get the funds to gather, (Refunds will be given). This is the bes price you can get for practicaly any cam gear 110, 115 blue or red, let alone for part not even made. So if you lucky guyes make the order now you get that price. I am going to raise prices in december to recop my losses. not much tho
so order now and you definately have one. Due to production times and machineing set up it will take aproximately 6-10 weeks till compleation. If you can wait 4 years why not wait another couple of weeks!!

1) E-MAIL me with the quantity and color you want with your mailling adress.to/ at :

[email protected]

2) I'll ask youto send Me your check or money order, made out to: Open-Loop Motorsports

3) or pay via: pay pal to: [email protected]

4) I'll call in orders buy end of next week.
and I'll ship you in 6-10 weeks via: provided shipping address.

I thanks you all for your coperation/ patience and help to provide more after market support for the 2nd/3rd gen Accords and Preludes!!!

As I gain more info I'll let you guys Know !!

So if you were still wondering if any one made cam gears for the 3g Accord A20 motor.... your in the right spot. In 6-10 weeks you'll have one !!!!!!

I hope I've answered most of your questions, any other specific questions send an e-mail.
I know I'm a nice guy.

I thankyou again for your prompt coperation.
Darryl @ Open-Loop Motorsports

This is what to do

Eric89Carb.
07-20-2003, 01:38 AM
Ok Justanothermike i will send the money to you can let me know when you will be getting it in thks bro

G Man89
07-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Hey Justanothermike have you called in the orders yet?

G Man89
07-28-2003, 07:45 AM
Has anyone heard from Justanothermike?

1988starter
07-28-2003, 07:52 AM
I have heard a bit from him but it would be best to e-mail him as he will not be checking this thread much.. I should also mention he is very trust worthy

G Man89
07-28-2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks.

G Man89
08-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Hey guys I got an e-mail from Justanothermike today. He says he still needs at least 21 more buyers (he's only got 4 at the moment). Those of you who want one and haven't sent in the money yet need to so we can get this done. If we don't take advantage of this opportunity now; we may never get this chance again.

1988starter
08-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Common guys this is a great deal get off your asses and send some cash.

88' Accord Ltd
08-06-2003, 10:45 PM
I sent my money. Come on guys!

G Man89
08-18-2003, 08:44 AM
Bump

spanky5485
08-19-2003, 06:09 PM
are we still doing this or is this thread really old?

G Man89
08-19-2003, 06:24 PM
As far as I know its still going on.

Coroncho80
08-25-2003, 08:36 PM
bobafett
Nate2310
Techno
wprocomp
87accordlxph
spanky5485
Justin86

plus some more of you guys. You guys were the first ones to reply that yall wanted one and yall were in on this. What happened? No cam? ............. Let me just quote Steve on this again:

Originally posted by 88LXi68
I commend you guys at Openloop for trying but sadly most of the members here are all talk. :(

After two months and no more ppl sent the money ........... Typical 3geez. So sad :( You guys should stop talking shit every time somebody tries to sell something. Everybody wants one or TWO but there is never any money. If you ain't got no money, then keep you BS to yourself. That would save a lot of time for the ppl that really means business. If yall keep it like that, manufactures will look at us (3geez.com) as a forum of a bunch of kids that want everything but never come forward with their word.

1988starter
08-25-2003, 08:57 PM
I don't have much cash but i got one so the rest of you pony up some cash

Swan
08-26-2003, 01:55 PM
I would possibly be in, but I don't know much about them, as far as what they do for performance, and all that.... maybe if I get more into racing mine, and I get someone to give me a lesson or 2 about them.....is this gonna be a one time deal?

1988starter
08-26-2003, 03:01 PM
Probably a one time deal look on the first post get the e-mail adress and e-mail him with questions.

G Man89
09-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Bump.

1hot89accord
09-08-2003, 08:31 PM
im in, i been lookin for some cam gears, but it cant be for like a month or almost 2 cause i got money tired up a little right now, but 110 isnt shit and i am always lookin for a few extra ponies!!

Coroncho80
09-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 1hot89accord
i been lookin for some cam gears,

Hello .......... Cam GearS???

Reality check, A20 only has one cam :D

89accordlxi
09-10-2003, 01:28 PM
okay, here's a thought. In order to get the count up to the minimum required before production begins, why don't some of you rich folks out there order 2 or 3. This will then guarantee that production will start.

I think a big problem with people on this forum is that they don't want to spend money on something that might not ever happen.
But once the number is up high enough and production begins, you will get a lot more people interested.

So I guess I'm suggesting that for those who can afford it, order 2-5 just to get the process started and when you get your order, become sort of a "mini-distributor" and sell them to all those that would have wanted one in the first place.

another thing to help get the numbers up is if justanothermike could set up maybe a deposit of $50. Then the rest would be due when production began. Then that would help offset any expenses on his end if orders fell through...

I would first get a head count on how many people would be interested in buying one after production has began to make sure this option is worth while. If you could get 10 or more, it might just work..

So let's say 7 people bought- 1
5 people bought- 2
2 people bought- 5
mike has enough to buy- 10
people who put down $50 deposit- 5
people who will buy after production- 8

and Voila, there's your 50.

This is just a suggestion. But I think if you give people more options in any group buy, the process is more likely to succeed. Instead of just saying "send x amount of cash now, or else"

Nobody likes to put down any sum of cash on something if they don't know for sure if it will go through. especially on a tight budget. I know that it is a risky thought for those who can afford it, but nothing good comes without a little risk.

I just needed to get this off my chest.
That's all..

Peace.

P.S.....So if you are interested in the cam gear ones production begins, respond to this thread so we can get a head count.

I'll start it off... I would be interested.

:D

89 Accords Rock
09-11-2003, 08:54 AM
im in put me down.

1988starter
09-11-2003, 02:59 PM
E-mail open look (adress on page one) and tell hime he will tell you where to send the money order.

HaccordR89
09-17-2003, 03:58 PM
how much would one be with out the groupbuy? im not rich but i would like one, so if it didn't go down, would they make them anyway for a couple people??

1988starter
09-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by HaccordR89
how much would one be with out the groupbuy? im not rich but i would like one, so if it didn't go down, would they make them anyway for a couple people??

I doubt they would and they would probably be near 200 or more so go with the group buy or it will probably not happen.

G Man89
09-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Bump

Cyric_accord
09-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Ok, I just sent an e-mail to him for one. Now just gotta wait for his info to send in payment.

modu03
10-05-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm interested... enough to buy one anyway...

what do i need to do?

3rd GEN
10-05-2003, 06:04 PM
hey are they still goin??
i'd be interested too

1988starter
10-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Read the very first post on the thread contact mike like it says to and he will fill you in on the rest.

85lude
10-09-2003, 09:53 PM
does it fit the a18 too?????

Justanothermike
10-13-2003, 09:13 PM
I apologize for not letting you know I forgot to mention to you S&H is not included. For those of you in the 49 states it will be $10.50, includes shipping and packaging. For those who are not I’ll have to find it out, possibly from $10-25usd.
(Ps: payments for s&h can be collected at this time or when I recive the cam gears before I ship it to you.)
I am going to continue with the order for the cam gears for the A” blocks. But only I fthe very few that have requested them please send in your payments.

I actually don’t keep up with the post on the board sorry so the questions on there I may not know about.
I know I haven’t replied to many of your emails because many of the answers were answered in the postings. By the way if I were to keep up with all the emails I wouldn’t have time for any thing else…..

Tomorrow I am going to recheck up on the order, as of right now its still in progress. As of now I know they are waiting for me to send in a beginning deposit, so I am also waiting for you guys to send in your orders and Deposits/ payments.

The very few of you that have actually followed through with your orders, I Thank you for your cooperation .

But for those who are confused, I hope my instructions were clear but here it goes again:

1. Send me an email with your intended order so I make adjustments to the final order. I.e.: blue, red $115, silver $110
2. Send me your order with payments made to either I or open-loop motorsports via: check , money order, or pay pal+3%
3. Remember your order is not complete until I receive payment .
4. I’ll try my best to contact you that I’ve received payment.
5. I verify that all s&h has been paid and products shipped out

I appreciate the Good ideas from 89accordlxi who is supporting this product, thanks to you.
Yes, I do accept pay pal +3% to my email address: [email protected]
I thought I mentioned which vehicles wil fit this application…
Yes, an A18a from a 82-86 accord / prelude will fit this ( if its closely related to the A20A model piece)
If you guys want to make this possible please send in your payments I need 50 orders in the long run I’m still not even half way there, but close.
No, I haven’t for gotten about you guys.
Remember I want to make this happen as much as you do so help me out and I can get this rolling.
I ‘m waiting for you guys to help me out so as long as you take I’ll be waiting for you…
Any questions email me; ill try to email back… when possible , I hope I answered a lot of your questions.
I would definitely think these are worth a lot more than what I am selling them for so take advantage of that, like I said I’m not really making any thing of this I’m trying to help out the 3geez community increasing aftermarket support for the A20, cheers to you all.
Thanks Again.
Darryl

ps: read the other post if this is not full information. I'll try to repost in a couple of days to let you know whasts going on.

1hot89accord
10-14-2003, 07:22 AM
im in i want one

1988starter
10-14-2003, 09:07 AM
So write him an e-mail and send him money

G Man89
11-06-2003, 07:31 AM
Bump.

Just bumping this cause its to good of a deal to let past us by, and I want to keep in people's mind.

A20A1
11-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Don't worry about bumping it... I have it stuck up at the top... it won't go down too far.

Site
11-10-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm in - Thanks to OpenLoop for their continued committment to 3G performance!

Site
12-04-2003, 10:18 AM
After reading through all the posts in this thread, it appears that the following people have sent their money in for this buy (please correct me if I'm wrong on this):
1988starter
88' Accord Ltd
NOAHS88accord
Eric89Carb.
1hot89accord
89 Accords Rock
Cyric_accord
G Man89
Site

I'm not sure how many more we need ordered before Justanothermike can place the group buy order, but for $110 this should prove to be a nice addition to anyone who has modified his/her Accord's engine. From what I understand, if you've increased your engine's performance beyond the stock specs, then your valve timing will be off and your engine won't be tuned as well as it could be. An adjustable cam-gear is an easy way to tune your engine's valve timing to get the most out of your performance add-ons. The more work/add-ons you've done to your engine, the more important an adjustable cam gear is.

Remember, Justanothermike doesn't keep up with the board posts, so if you post a reply he may not see it for a while. But, many members of this board have ordered stuff from him and many here consider him to be trustworthy.

If you're reading this thread for the first time, here's the order information:

Fidanza Adjustable Cam Gears $110 +ship

Originally posted by Justanothermike
Here's the details:

- Nice to have custom parts to your specs

As of right now I'm selling them at cost (my cost) to you. so I will not be making an thing on these to help you guys out!!!

1) E-MAIL me with the quantity and color (silver=$110, blue or red=$115) you want and include your mailing address at:

[email protected]

2)Shipping: For those of you in the 49 states it will be $10.50. For those who are not I’ll have to find it out, possibly from $10-25usd.

3) I'll ask you to send me your check or money order made out to: Open-Loop Motorsports, or

4) Pay via PayPal to: [email protected] (add 3% to total for PayPal fees)

5) Make sure you give me your shipping address!

Thanks Again.
Darryl

layedout89
12-04-2003, 11:54 PM
ive been searchin for a cam gear for a while now,
damn right im in

Elijah
12-05-2003, 07:35 PM
I already bought 2 things this week so next week I should be able to.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-13-2003, 07:30 PM
Alright since I'm selling my prelude I will get one of these. I have to wait until after christmas though. Has anyone gotten theirs yet? Or does he need a certain amount of people for a group buy? B/c I will do it but I just don't wanna wait 6 months to get it.

1988starter
12-13-2003, 08:57 PM
still waiting for mine

G Man89
12-14-2003, 05:49 AM
If I remeber right, he needs 25 paid orders before he'll sends in the order.

Cyric_accord
12-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by G Man89
If I remeber right, he needs 25 paid orders before he'll sends in the order.

he says 20 on the first page. maybe he had to change it

89lxihb 00lude
12-16-2003, 10:00 AM
cyric great cartoon lol
I would have a question how about a warranty? It seams this will be a small production run which leaves a chance a defect couldn't be found. I want to use them on my still in progress SCCA Improved Touring racecar so reliability is very important.

markmdz89hatch
12-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Alright guys, I just e-mailed Darryl asking him to give me a complete list of how many people have actually paid up, and how many more we'll need in order to make this happen.

I'll post up his response as soon as I get it.

AccordEpicenter
12-20-2003, 09:33 PM
yea if this is still going on i wanna get in... ive emailed them and got no response...

Volitech
12-25-2003, 08:38 PM
Just woundering if anyone that's paid for a cam gear has heard back from Darryl? I've emailed him a couple off times but no responce.

Eric89Carb.
12-25-2003, 09:32 PM
well i bought on like 6 months so far nothing as come yet so i don't know i think he might be keeping my money

1988starter
12-25-2003, 09:51 PM
Don't worry he is a good guy I bought on in the first week we will see them eventually.

markmdz89hatch
12-27-2003, 06:44 AM
Don't worry he is a good guy I bought on in the first week we will see them eventually.

I agree, we'll hear from him eventually. They are a reputable company, so I highly doubt we'll be getting screwed over here. He has not yet replied to my e-mail yet either, but again, I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear from him. Anyone who has not heard a reply from him yet, I would not worry too much. If no-one hears from him in the next few days, I'll give him a call sometime early next week and see if I can talk to either Darryl or Mike.

Please be sure and post if anyone hears back from anyone at OpenLoop.

88' Accord Ltd
01-03-2004, 08:53 PM
I sent him money a long time ago and haven't heard anything. Even after several e-mails.

Sabz5150
01-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I've had no problems with Openloop. They're a good shop that makes good parts.

I'm probably gonna dive in on the cam gear group buy when I secure a job again.

markmdz89hatch
01-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Just an update (if you can call it that).

Still no word from Darryl, Mike or anyone else at OpenLoop. I'll see if I can give them a call later on today. If I get an update, I'll post it up asap.

Justin86
01-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Well if we can get some more info on whats going on I will send my money when I know for sure this is happening.

Volitech
01-21-2004, 10:59 AM
I've emailed darryl several time but I never get any reply! I'm starting to wonder if this guy is stand up or not!

Gregg86DX
01-21-2004, 01:11 PM
I've purchased parts from Darryl and I can vouch for his trustworthiness. I will say, however, that there were times when he did not respond very quickly to emails. I found that if I really wanted to talk to him, I just called and if I got voice mail, I called again later. His phone number is on www.openloopmotorsports.com.

Gregg

markmdz89hatch
01-21-2004, 02:07 PM
OK guys,

I just got off the phone with Darryl. He is still collecting orders, and still has every intention of ordering these cam gears.

So far he said he's got 8 or 9 people that have already sent him the money. He did not have his list in front of him when I called, that number was from memory.

Here's the deal though, IF YOU WANT ONE, YOU MUST PRE-ORDER. The money must be sent to Darryl before he can place the order with Fidanza. He cannot place the order based soely on promises to pay.

I mentioned to him that I'll keep in touch with him fairly reguarly, and he's asked that I, in turn, keep up the updates on this thread for him.

We have agreed not to set a cut-off date for the group buy, however it's not fair to make him and the others that have already sent him money wait forever.

Please do not wait on this. If you want one, please send the money for it. Fidanza has said that this will be a one-off run. Meaning, they will not continue to produce these. They'll make the one run, and stop, so if you don't buy one, you're out of luck.

If you have any questions about the g/b, please either post them here, or PM me. As I said, I'll keep in touch with him fairly regularly, and report back on this thread.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Well the only reason I didn't get in on this was b/c I didn't want to wait forever like everyone else is. Does he know how many more people he needs b/c if I spend that much money I really don't want to wait long.

-Mike

markmdz89hatch
01-21-2004, 03:49 PM
he said he needs a bare minnumum of 25 orders before he can go through with this. To give you guys an idea here he's actually doing this for a pretty significant loss, b/c he's got to front a bunch more money for this just for Fidanza to agree to make them, which does not include the min of 25 orders he needs for the buy.

Volitech
01-21-2004, 05:20 PM
OK guys,

I just got off the phone with Darryl. He is still collecting orders, and still has every intention of ordering these cam gears.

So far he said he's got 8 or 9 people that have already sent him the money. He did not have his list in front of him when I called, that number was from memory.

That's all I wanted to know! He hasen't responded to any of my email's since I sent him a money order 2-3 months ago! I just want to be kept informed!

joker2
01-22-2004, 05:06 AM
Damn!!! He needs 25 and he's only got like 8 or 9 orders after all this time.... Good luck getting 25 people from this board... It'll be another year before you guys see those cam gears...

nswst8
01-22-2004, 06:41 AM
I had asked him if he could ship to alternate address, because we are a military family and by the time the gears were made we'd be in CT.
He had replied Yes he could ship to alternate address, just to keep him posted.
"I'm IN"
NSWST8 :cheers:

markmdz89hatch
01-22-2004, 07:19 AM
OK, I'll see if I can get a complete list of who has already paid, from Darryl within the next week or so. This way we can see exactly who is in, who has paid, and how many more we need in order to make this happen.

Again, any questions about this buy, or the gear itself, please PM me with it, and I'll ask him when I speak to him. This way he's not innundated with phone calls or e-mails, and everyone gets the answers they need.

Justin86
01-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Well if there has to be 25 orders we might have just pay for all of them and then with the extra try to sell them later on. But I'm in and will send my money a soon as I know the order is going to be placed.

joker2
01-22-2004, 09:38 AM
He's not placing the order until he has money from ALL 25...

markmdz89hatch
01-23-2004, 04:20 PM
I'll have an update for you guys sometime next week. Just wanted to check in to let you guys know that I'm in contact with Darryl and will keep everyone up-to-date with new info.

Justin86
01-24-2004, 11:58 PM
He's not placing the order until he has money from ALL 25...
Yea too bad only 12 have showed interest. Well there is this punk cock sucker I really hate, he claims he has a adjustable cam gear on his 88 accord So I might just steal his. :gun:

ET2
01-25-2004, 05:07 AM
I'll take one ! or is it to late? :thumbup:

markmdz89hatch
01-25-2004, 02:09 PM
I'll take one ! or is it to late? :thumbup:

It's definitly not too late. If you still want in, just come up with the $$. Do me a favor though and hold off on sending it for about a week or so, and I'll mention this to Darryl next time I talk to him. Send me a PM if you're seriously interested in this, and I'll reply to you with payment instructions.

3rd gen 89 se-i
01-28-2004, 11:38 AM
i barely found this but i want to know if its to late to get a cam?let me know.

markmdz89hatch
01-28-2004, 03:53 PM
i barely found this but i want to know if its to late to get a cam?let me know.

Definitly not too late. PM me for details and GET IN ON THIS BUY!

rjudgey
01-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Would it be possible to be able to get one if i'm in the U.K?

markmdz89hatch
01-29-2004, 06:02 AM
Would it be possible to be able to get one if i'm in the U.K?

Sure, what the hell, why not. If you want one, PM me for more details, and we'll try and work out what we need to get you one.

Obviously shipping would not be too cheap though.

Eric89Carb.
01-30-2004, 09:29 PM
shit come on people shit we need help with kind of stuff.. LIke this it will help the people trying to build up there car and stuff..shit you know what mark let me know when you got atleast 20 then i will buy like 6 or five to complete the orderi will pay email me or something with the info then we can get this done faster.. Then i will just try to sell it that way... I'm rich people say so let me know mark.

BITESIZE
01-30-2004, 09:34 PM
What is the selling price on these? Give me an estimate......

Eric89Carb.
01-30-2004, 09:36 PM
it's like 115 for color one and 110 for a silver one

3rd gen 89 se-i
02-04-2004, 11:53 AM
some body get back to me i have the money just need the info.

Volitech
02-04-2004, 05:48 PM
any info on how many more he needs at this point?

Eric89Carb.
02-04-2004, 08:09 PM
well he has only 9 people so we need 16 more people for they make it....

3rd gen 89 se-i
02-05-2004, 11:52 PM
well how much will the cam actually help our 3geez?but iam pretty much in.

Nuffice
02-06-2004, 01:03 AM
well how much will the cam actually help our 3geez?but iam pretty much in.

A Cam Sprocket has been know to 6-9hp on some "STOCK" SOHC Civics. It's specially needed when you raise compression ratio. You can not tune cam gears with a dyno. So be prepared to spend money.

Is the Cam Sprocket CNC-machined AL7075-T6 billet aluminum or CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum? How many more are needed for the buy?

1988starter
02-07-2004, 04:22 PM
A Cam Sprocket has been know to 6-9hp on some "STOCK" SOHC Civics. It's specially needed when you raise compression ratio. You can not tune cam gears with a dyno. So be prepared to spend money.

Is the Cam Sprocket CNC-machined AL7075-T6 billet aluminum or CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum? How many more are needed for the buy?

I believe it is 6061 on some earlier pages there is a lot more info

1988starter
02-07-2004, 04:24 PM
I apologize for not letting you know I forgot to mention to you S&H is not included. For those of you in the 49 states it will be $10.50, includes shipping and packaging. For those who are not I’ll have to find it out, possibly from $10-25usd.
(Ps: payments for s&h can be collected at this time or when I recive the cam gears before I ship it to you.)
I am going to continue with the order for the cam gears for the A” blocks. But only I fthe very few that have requested them please send in your payments.

I actually don’t keep up with the post on the board sorry so the questions on there I may not know about.
I know I haven’t replied to many of your emails because many of the answers were answered in the postings. By the way if I were to keep up with all the emails I wouldn’t have time for any thing else…..

Tomorrow I am going to recheck up on the order, as of right now its still in progress. As of now I know they are waiting for me to send in a beginning deposit, so I am also waiting for you guys to send in your orders and Deposits/ payments.

The very few of you that have actually followed through with your orders, I Thank you for your cooperation .

But for those who are confused, I hope my instructions were clear but here it goes again:

1. Send me an email with your intended order so I make adjustments to the final order. I.e.: blue, red $115, silver $110
2. Send me your order with payments made to either I or open-loop motorsports via: check , money order, or pay pal+3%
3. Remember your order is not complete until I receive payment .
4. I’ll try my best to contact you that I’ve received payment.
5. I verify that all s&h has been paid and products shipped out

I appreciate the Good ideas from 89accordlxi who is supporting this product, thanks to you.
Yes, I do accept pay pal +3% to my email address: [email protected]
I thought I mentioned which vehicles wil fit this application…
Yes, an A18a from a 82-86 accord / prelude will fit this ( if its closely related to the A20A model piece)
If you guys want to make this possible please send in your payments I need 50 orders in the long run I’m still not even half way there, but close.
No, I haven’t for gotten about you guys.
Remember I want to make this happen as much as you do so help me out and I can get this rolling.
I ‘m waiting for you guys to help me out so as long as you take I’ll be waiting for you…
Any questions email me; ill try to email back… when possible , I hope I answered a lot of your questions.
I would definitely think these are worth a lot more than what I am selling them for so take advantage of that, like I said I’m not really making any thing of this I’m trying to help out the 3geez community increasing aftermarket support for the A20, cheers to you all.
Thanks Again.
Darryl

ps: read the other post if this is not full information. I'll try to repost in a couple of days to let you know whasts going on.

hrer is a lot of the info

kawzone
02-11-2004, 03:31 PM
count me in to let me know when there is enough people..

1988starter
02-11-2004, 03:34 PM
if you want in send money to openloop there is info on the previous pages

wprocomp
02-11-2004, 03:41 PM
its going to take such a long ass time to get these...I want one but not until the very last few are still avalible

Justin86
02-12-2004, 10:18 AM
well let get a list started to see how close we can get to the 25 orders.....
1. 1988starter (payed)
2. 88' Accord Ltd (payed)
3. NOAHS88accord (payed)
4. Eric89Carb. (payed)
5. 1hot89accord (payed)
6. 89 Accords Rock (payed)
7. Cyric_accord (payed)
8. G Man89 (payed)
9. Site (payed)
10. Justin86 (wants & will pay, will buy maybe 3 if needed?)
11. Volitech (I guess you allready payed?)
12. kawzone (showing interest?)
13. 3rd gen 89 se-i (showing interest?)
14. BITESIZE (showing interest?)
15. wprocomp (showing interest?)
16. Mike's89AccordLX (showing interest?)
17. nswst8 (showing interest?)
18. ET2 (showing interest?)
19. rjudgey (showing interest?)
20. Eric89Carb. (willing to buy more then one?)
21. CASH24 (showing interest?)

CASH24
02-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I'll get in on this

markmdz89hatch
02-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Alright guys, I know I've been real quiet on this thread lately, and there's been a ton of people PM'ing me asking about this. Here's the deal, the reason I've been quiet and not very forth-coming with answers lately is b/c I've been trying to work out a deal with a different manufacturer.

What many do not know is that Darryl (OpenLoop) is doing this at his cost, and in some aspects of this deal, he's losing a deal of money just to make this happen.

So, I got on the horn with other manufacturers, and with Darryl. ...and together we were able to convince GoldenEagle to do this for us. They were much more accomodating on the min. buy in to do this, which was the aim of this whole new venture. Now, if anyone wants to check out their product, check out http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com/street.html and click on "440 adjustable cam gear". That's what we'll be getting. It is available in Black, Titanium (color), Red, Blue and Silver. When you send payment, please specify color.

So here's the deal, many people who already paid have been waiting on this for quite some time and many wanted to see this become more of a reality before they sent their money, and many are just waiting on the go-ahead from me to send in the money, but either way, we need the waiting to end.

Payment details are the same. Everything's going through OpenLoop to avoid confusion.

Now here's the red-tape: The cut-off date for this buy will be February 29th, so if you want in, get in. If you want one, you MUST send payment by then. Golden Eagle will not open a run again until another 15 are going to be made. If only 21 people send money, only 21 gears will be made. There is no plan to have any extras made.

It's time for everyone to put their money where their mouth is and ante up.

If anyone has any questions on any of this, or if anyone who has already paid wants to back out for whatever reason, PLEASE PM me.

Let's keep this thread clean going forward.

If you are going to send payment to Darryl, Please notify me, so I can give him a heads up to expect the $$.

joker2
02-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Same cost or what???

markmdz89hatch
02-13-2004, 01:31 PM
OOps, Yeah, the cost will remain the same.

Also, we were told that the turn-around would be 2 months from the date that the order is placed.

A20A1
02-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Sounds decent... I wish I could make this topic blink or somehting.

Justin86
02-13-2004, 07:08 PM
damn about time someone really kicks this thing in gear. :)

nswst8
02-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Alright, I believe I'v done my part to help this along by buying two (2) adjustable Cam Gears. :cool2:
And I wish to thank all those involved in getting this going.
Hope this helps to get this going.
Phil :cheers:

markmdz89hatch
02-14-2004, 05:13 AM
I took justin's list that he just put together, deleted the "in question" people, and added only who has already paid, and just recently said they were sending payment.

1. 1988starter (payed) blue
3. NOAHS88accord (payed)
4. Eric89Carb. (payed)
5. 1hot89accord (payed)
7. Cyric_accord (payed)
8. G Man89 (payed)
9. Site (payed)
10. 87hatchback (sending payment) blue
11. nswst8 (paid) titanium
12. nswst8 (paid) red
13. nswst8 (paid) blue
14. wprocomp (paid) titanium

*I've got nswst8 in 3x b/c he's buying three.

Hey justin, is this enough of a reality yet? j/p, but seriously, send in that payment so you can get yours too.

Guys, regardless of which way you're sending payment, please, please, please also include in that payment your real name, shipping address, and your 3geez handle so we know who you are, and to make sure you get it. Also, please include a note with the color of choice.

And as requested before, PM me if you are joining in on this buy so I can make sure everyone pays the correct amount, and so I can give Darryl the heads up to expect payment.

Thanks guys.

nswst8
02-14-2004, 06:26 AM
I sent my cash via Paypal, right after sending PM to Mark. So I am in.
Can hardly wait.

Justin86
02-14-2004, 09:34 AM
ok I should be sending my money soon. I most likely be getting two of them, maybe more. I'm going to PM the people that have showed interest to see if they are truely going to pay or not.

markmdz89hatch
02-14-2004, 01:30 PM
ok I should be sending my money soon. I most likely be getting two of them, maybe more. I'm going to PM the people that have showed interest to see if they are truely going to pay or not.

Don't worry about PM'ing them. I'm already on the PM prowl with everyone else who said they wanted in.

Anyway, we're already at what we need to make the production run, so at this point, the due date is just set to let others who want to, to get in on this. It's already going to happen. Between what Darryl and I are each going to get, plus the 12 that we already got, this is a go.

Justin86
02-14-2004, 02:08 PM
well I all ready PM everyone and talked to some other about getting in. I might be being extra and selling them to people that can't afford them right now.

markmdz89hatch
02-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Talk to anyone that you think might be interested in these, and see if they want in, but I just don't want to have too many members getting multiple PM's from members asking them to buy in. I just think that'll seem more like pestering them then they actually need.

Anyway, if you get anyone else to buy in that's awesome. Just have them PM me with how they're going to send payment, the color they want, etc, and I'll add them to the list.

AccordEpicenter
02-14-2004, 05:47 PM
mark your inbox is too full and wont let me send you anything... so when you get it cleaned out PM me about these... I might wanna get one.

Justin86
02-14-2004, 06:31 PM
ok cool. I'm talking to some other people on another board to see if anyone is interested.

Nuffice
02-14-2004, 11:38 PM
This is great.. Right now I have enough money to buy 3-4 Adj.Cam gears. I only need one, if any of guys want one, but wont have the money buy the cut-off date, pm me. This is only of ppl who intend to buy the cam gear from me in 2-3 weeks after the cut-off date. If nobody pm's me, I will most likely buy 1.

markmdz89hatch
02-15-2004, 05:42 AM
mark your inbox is too full and wont let me send you anything... so when you get it cleaned out PM me about these... I might wanna get one.

Alright, sorry about that everyone. My inbox is now empty again, so PM away.

Justin, that sounds cool. Hey, if you haven't already done it, and you're feeling adventerous, see if there's a 2nd Gen 'Lude site out there. They got the A20 also.

Justin86
02-15-2004, 04:19 PM
ok I'll have to check and see. :)

Eric89Carb.
02-15-2004, 05:44 PM
well i payed for mine already but if i have to i might buy more to sell it to people who doesn't have money for it rgiht know let me know who needs one and let me know pm me

neoblue89lxi
02-15-2004, 07:01 PM
I want one but will have to wait until I get a job. As it is i'm pushing it by getting the dc header now.

Nuffice
02-18-2004, 11:20 PM
what is the price including S&H?

nswst8
02-19-2004, 04:02 AM
$110.00 for the cam, & $10.00 for the shipping.
Get it in.
Hope this helps, LOL

markmdz89hatch
02-19-2004, 05:43 AM
$110.00 for the cam, & $5.00 for the shipping.
Get it in.
Hope this helps, LOL

Actually $10 for shipping, your shipping was reduced a little b/c all 3 are being shipped together.

nswst8
02-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Forgive a failing memory, wait a sec, what failing memory. Oh thats right I forgot. :rolleyes:
Thanks,

Nuffice
02-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Actually $10 for shipping, your shipping was reduced a little b/c all 3 are being shipped together.

Ok Thanks.. Expect my payment within the next few days. Who do I send the payment to? Sorry for asking, but having 56k does not help. thanks!

Cyric_accord
02-19-2004, 08:02 AM
If you want a blue or red anodized cam gear, add $5 to it and state the color you want, otherwise it's silver.... which, I think I'm gonna change mine to blue..

markmdz89hatch
02-19-2004, 08:23 AM
If you want a blue or red anodized cam gear, add $5 to it and state the color you want, otherwise it's silver.... which, I think I'm gonna change mine to blue..

We now have Silver, Black, Titanium, Blue and Red available to us since we switched to GoldenEagle instead of Fidanza.

Nuffice
02-19-2004, 09:16 AM
We now have Silver, Black, Titanium, Blue and Red available to us since we switched to GoldenEagle instead of Fidanza.

So who do I send the money to?

Cyric_accord
02-19-2004, 10:53 AM

Damn, I've heard good things about Fidanza too, but i don't care where the gear from.

Do the prices change for these new colored gears, mark?

markmdz89hatch
02-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Damn, I've heard good things about Fidanza too, but i don't care where the gear from.

Do the prices change for these new colored gears, mark?

nope. actually, the price is the same no matter what color you choose.

180srfun
02-20-2004, 05:31 PM
ok next time this kinda of stuff comes up go over to preludepower.com and go to the 2ndgen part and post this STUFF!!! the cam gear should work on the a20 and a18 both found in 2g preludes. i didnt find this till 9days from the cut off and by then i wont be able to pay.

very cool that some is makeing these though

Nuffice
02-23-2004, 02:47 AM
I sent my cash via Paypal, right after sending PM to Mark. So I am in.
Can hardly wait.

Who did you send the payment too?

Elijah
02-23-2004, 04:54 AM
Since this is getting so good and everybody is being so friendly.I'am gonna buy 2 I will pm somebody got to go back and read.

wprocomp
02-23-2004, 03:27 PM
somebody please help us on where to send the payment please...just send it to the address on openloops site or what?

nswst8
02-23-2004, 04:47 PM
[email protected]
Hope this helps, LOL

markmdz89hatch
02-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Since this is getting so good and everybody is being so friendly.I'am gonna buy 2 I will pm somebody got to go back and read.

I'm the guy to PM.

somebody please help us on where to send the payment please...just send it to the address on openloops site or what?

that'll work, just remember to send it to Darryl's attention.

Nuffice
02-28-2004, 01:58 AM
I took justin's list that he just put together, deleted the "in question" people, and added only who has already paid, and just recently said they were sending payment.

3. NOAHS88accord (payed)
4. Eric89Carb. (payed)
5. 1hot89accord (payed)
7. Cyric_accord (payed)
8. G Man89 (payed)
9. Site (payed)
12. nswst8 (paid) red
13. nswst8 (paid) blue

*I've got nswst8 in 3x b/c he's buying three.

Hey justin, is this enough of a reality yet? j/p, but seriously, send in that payment so you can get yours too.

Guys, regardless of which way you're sending payment, please, please, please also include in that payment your real name, shipping address, and your 3geez handle so we know who you are, and to make sure you get it. Also, please include a note with the color of choice.

And as requested before, PM me if you are joining in on this buy so I can make sure everyone pays the correct amount, and so I can give Darryl the heads up to expect payment.

Thanks guys.

3. NOAHS88accord (payed)
4. Eric89Carb. (payed)
5. 1hot89accord (payed)
7. Cyric_accord (payed)
8. G Man89 (payed)
9. Site (payed)
12. nswst8 (paid) red
13. nswst8 (paid) blue
15. Nuffice ( Paid ) titanium

86LXItooFAST4me
02-28-2004, 06:06 AM
do yall have a deadline yet?

1988starter
02-28-2004, 08:11 AM
yup tomorrow the 29th

86LXItooFAST4me
02-28-2004, 08:27 AM
i could have the money fri, anyone buying more than one?

gekko
02-28-2004, 03:36 PM
i just found out that we have to buy 10 blue ones if we want them to make them in colours ...
so guys order blue ones :)

Justin86
02-28-2004, 04:06 PM
yea I'm in the same boat with the blue. so with us there will be 5 blues unless more change their mind.

Volitech
02-28-2004, 09:58 PM
I know I sent darryl my money for a blue one but I wasn't listed on the most resent list and ever since then I can't get any reply to see if he received my MO!

A20A1
02-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Well if you have the receipt you can cancle the MO... at lest I think you can. you can also check if it's been used.

gekko
02-29-2004, 03:36 PM
just the money to darryl by paypal (blue)

Justin86
02-29-2004, 07:15 PM
I sent money for a blue one :)

markmdz89hatch
02-29-2004, 07:34 PM
I know I sent darryl my money for a blue one but I wasn't listed on the most resent list and ever since then I can't get any reply to see if he received my MO!

Voli, can you PM me with your full name and shipping address? Also, when did you send the m/o? I'll talk to Darryl about it tomorrow morning when I call him to get the final order in. I mentioned earlier to send any questions to me b/c he's getting countless e-mails about everything other then this buy every day, and since I'm working so closely with him to get this done, I mentioned a few times that I'd talk to him about all the concerns and that he was not going to be able to respond to all the e-mails that were sent directly to him.

Justin86
03-02-2004, 11:22 AM
So when can we plan on the gears ariving on our door step?

markmdz89hatch
03-03-2004, 06:17 AM
Well, now we just have to confirm all of the info from everyone that sent in money (ie. name, shipping addy, color choice, etc.)

To everyone that DID pay for the gear already...
Can I ask everyone that has not done so alreay to PM me with the following details...

Please title the PM Cam Gear - Payment Info that way I can easily identify it.

Full Name
Name of the person the payment came from (if it's not the same)
e-mail address (if you paid via paypal)
Shipping address
color choice (if you chose red or blue, please also include an alternate color incase we don't get the min. buy in for the color.)

Please ONLY do this if you already paid.

Guys, it is VERY important that you do this. Some people just sent the money and did not give their 3geez name, real name, shipping address, etc. and we need all of that in order to make sure you get what you paid for.

Thanks,
-Mark D.

Vinny
03-04-2004, 09:30 AM
I got mine in just under the wire, I sent you a PM Mark, if you need anything else just give me a yell

eightyfivelude
03-04-2004, 01:39 PM
I know it is a few days past but is there anymore you can take some more orders? I am part of vancouverpreludeclub.com and I can post and see if there is more interested. Also, if this will fit the ET-2 motor which I have I will be very interested as well. I will look into the tooth count and stuff.

Matt

eightyfivelude
03-04-2004, 02:04 PM
ok, they will fit the ET series motor as well, they are the same gear, timing marks align, same diameter, same tooth count and same timing belt. I will definately buy one. IF there is still time that is. I might be able to scoop up a few from my club if that is ok. Somone in charge of the buy please respond ASAP

Matt

Justin86
03-05-2004, 09:28 AM
you will have to try PM markmdz89hatch.

Justanothermike
03-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Thank you for all your support for making this Group buy a sucess!

Due to the Fact that I/ we could not meet the requirement of the 50 pcs. minimum order I decided to Switch vendors with the help of Mark D We decide to go With Golden Eagle MFG which has a minimum of 15 pcs. I've used many of thier products in the past and have seen extreamly nice work from them so I dont see a problem with using them as a manufacture of the A20/BT cam gears.

But I need to ask for one more thing from a couple of you. For the ones that ordered a Red Or Blue cam sprocket (you have two choices If not mentioned before) pay the Anodizing fee or choose another color either silver, titanum, or Black.

Please call or email me before 3 PM pst, I will have silver or black orders made for the ones who wanted red or blue if no one replys

I will post up a final roster of the orders tomorrow.

once again thank you for your orders and patience

415-970-0698
[email protected]

salmonman78
03-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Well guess I might have found this in time. I'd be in in a couple weeks if I could still get in. My lil lude is getting a lil power hungry and gotta feed it. ;)

Justanothermike
03-07-2004, 02:13 AM
I thank you Again for making this posible, and your patience!Weve all ben waiting for a very long time for some ne to make Adjustable cam Gears for the Accords and Preludes, now after 15(21-15) years it has become true! I will be adjusting the order on Monday if needed for thoes of you that havent gotten back to me yet about the Blue/Red color change please do.

The order will be finalized on monday and probaly expect 2-3months before I would recive the run of gears.

SN: -Silver:- Titan.- Blk.- Blue:- Red:- Need to confirm Red or blue - Paid Via: PP,CK,MO,CC-
mattT- 1- sil pp
luby555 - 1-blk
damtexasredneck - 1-blk - pp
gekko -1- sil - pp
sanders5 -1- sil - pp
Wprocompgcs- 1 - blk- ck
NWAP -1- ti- pp
Crazy4hlm -1- ti ck
mike c -1-sil- pp
prostands- 1-blk- mo
Mikes 89 Accord -1- ti- mo
Midas - 1-blu- -X- mo
Wecket83 -1- mo
Phil -1- 1-blu- 1-red- X- pp
Gustavo
Mark ???
Dbzyt20k 1 ??? mo

total; -17- 9- 3- 2- 2?- 1?- NEED TO CONFIRM!! -13

Looks like I will be able to make a total of 19 cam gears.

A 100$ fee will be added to thoes who want red or blue or I'll be chousing for you. Thank you for your cooperation.
Sorry if this list is hard to see, use I had typed it up on Excel and pasted it here....

AS a complement to all of you that bought cam gears I'll offer complementry shiping on any cam order made at this time. weather you want a wild or mild cam grind. I'll ship it free of charge with your gear!

And for all of you deep into the performance of your A20, I offer head packages, which consist of Port and polish head ( equilivant stg1-2) match port all peices, bore T/B to 59-.5mm, include all gaskets to reinstall head and manifalds, and cam grind. Prices rage between $1000-1800, depending on services wanted, and/or needed.
Any thing avalible from All out cumbustion chamber weld up to basis port and polish.
pictures of work will be available in separate post.

bBock build ups avalible, custom parts can be made.

All inquires e-mail me or call the shop.

I'll post whnen i get the order in next.

tks
Darryl

wprocomp
03-08-2004, 03:38 PM
hey I ordered titanium/titanium...mine says black...I am wrong or is that just how your listing them...please let me know!

Vinny
03-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Mines the same way, I sent an email to Darryl and will probably be calling him tomorrow

AccordEpicenter
03-08-2004, 08:24 PM
is this still open or was that final?

markmdz89hatch
03-09-2004, 05:40 AM
wpro and vinny --> No worries, I got the PM's from you guys with your color preference. That list is going to be the final list that we go from.

AccordEpicenter --> Are you in? If you are, you will be the absolute last person in on the buy b/c we can't keep pushing the date back for the late ones. If you want in, PM me with everything I listed a couple posts back. But you gott'a be in by the end of the day today. PM me about it K.

AccordEpicenter
03-09-2004, 10:03 AM
ok i sent it mark... hopefully its all the go still

Thedungeonz89
03-10-2004, 09:29 PM
my brothers been talking to the fidanza guy and he sed hed be willing to make a batch of cam gears for the a20. catch is there needs to be about 20 made. price will be $110 each. They are all aluminum, not aluminum with the factory steal teeth. Timing marks etched in. And is available in 2 other colors aswell. Blue and red. I think maybe $5-10 more for the color. If theres enough interest i'll set it up. if not, o-well.
email: [email protected]

i believe they will look like this one.

i would definatly interested if it wil fit my car!!! What is the engine code for an 89 Lxi 2 door?
i know the a20 comes in the prelude! juss curious!
THX! :cheers:

Legend-H-88
03-11-2004, 06:41 AM
they will fit many engines, the ET-2, A20A3, A20A1, BT, BS..... maybe a few others as well, cant remember off the top of my head, and in answer to your question, my 89 lxi 2 door had the A20A3, so im bettin the same. but all my cars have a different motor.

89 - A20A3
88 - A20A3
87 - bt
86 - bs
well congrats on your group buy
maybe i should have joined, thought it would fall through...... oh well

KnightLuder
03-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Are you guys gonna make another batch of them? I wouldnt mind getting ahold of one for my Lude. Just let me know.
Lata,
Jonathan

Vanilla Sky
03-24-2004, 07:18 PM
i'd love to have one, but i don't have the money... i too would like to know if there will be another run, or if we can order them individually after the group buy

Eric89Carb.
03-24-2004, 07:47 PM
when the hell is it going to come shit i think i was the second guy to pay for this thing and shit i never see nothing yet

Vinny
03-24-2004, 08:17 PM
They said 2 mths after the money was turned in. It was supposedly turned in around the 10th or 11th. So look for it to be no sooner than the middle of May

wprocomp
03-24-2004, 08:22 PM
man I sure hope they turn out good.guess that gives me enough time to get the cam reground huh.

maka_RTH
03-25-2004, 11:32 AM
hey..., am i too late? i'd also like one..., titanium, and i have the money for it..., i just need to know if i'm too late, or if i could be added on to the order since it's only a couple weeks old... i've missed too many things being gone with the army..., koni's discontinued, a few group buys..., lol, oh well. lemme know, i can't get on the net every day..., usually every few days i'm on though. if i can still get in on it, lemme know the price and i'll send the money next time i'm on. thanks.

bobafett
04-03-2004, 01:09 PM
just wondering if i am too late to get in on the $110 cam gear.

i am interested, lmk so i can send off money before its too late.

i want silver, or whatever finish is cheapest. blue anodized wont give me more power ;)

Justanothermike
04-03-2004, 01:20 PM
i think my bro will have a couple extra so probably u can get one. i think they're all the same price no mater what the color. so i'll get back to u

bobafett
04-04-2004, 12:37 AM
please let me know when you can. my email is [email protected] i should be ready to purchase anytime. ;)

HostileJava
04-04-2004, 07:20 PM
I'd like to get in on a red one, I just sent you an email.

Eric89Carb.
04-11-2004, 06:20 PM
when is it ever going to be done
damn i hope soon :( :( :( :(

gekko
04-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Any update on the progress ?

Eric89Carb.
04-21-2004, 09:40 PM
I still waiting i think so far a year

88ebrake
05-02-2004, 05:41 PM
ill take one pm me with details

Justin86
05-04-2004, 09:52 AM
I can't wait for the UPS man to show up soon. :D

Volitech
05-04-2004, 12:45 PM
I can't wait for the UPS man to show up soon. :D

I so can't wait! I really want to put in my Gude cam!

1988starter
05-04-2004, 03:10 PM
I still waiting i think so far a year

I was the very first person to send money but it was a good price and I will have one soon

88ebrake
05-04-2004, 07:37 PM
dude please if there are any left please let me get one i know this is a one time oppurtunity :sadwave:

Volitech
05-04-2004, 07:45 PM
dude please if there are any left please let me get one i know this is a one time oppurtunity :sadwave:

Did you email him?
[email protected]

I don't think he checks this thread very often any more since the gears are suppost to show up at our doors anytime now...

Eric89Carb.
05-05-2004, 12:23 AM
hey i think me and you was the first one to send in the money to openloop and stuff so me and you should get it first i hope soon :) :) :)

Justanothermike
05-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Word From GE is another 2-3 more weeks. they sed the inner parts have just been finished being annodized and now the outer ring gears will be cut. If anyone still wants one u should send in money as soon as u can. There is about 5 i think that are still avaialbe. not to sure which colors they are but the silver ones are all taken. i can't wait for them to come in either, so i can swap it in with the other cam and hit the dyno with the new motor. I'll post pictures when they come in.

Justin86
05-18-2004, 10:38 PM
he he he I can't wait for mine, and I want to see some dyno numbers and a 1/4 time from this new engine Mike.

Jokez
05-19-2004, 02:08 PM
mmmmmmm....looks good

bobafett
05-19-2004, 10:39 PM
damn so if i send u some cash u can hook me up with a blue one? can you email me you address mike?

email is [email protected]

Justin86
05-31-2004, 09:24 PM
yep still waiting for the UPS man to show up here any time.

A20A1
06-06-2004, 01:44 AM
is this thing almost done? I feel it's almost time to let it off of the sticky.

86LXItooFAST4me
06-06-2004, 05:05 AM
i still want one if there are any left. ill have money by Fri. and could pay on Fri. the 11th. paypal or MO. PLEASE! i really want one! i need one! i cannt live without one! lol

86LXItooFAST4me
06-07-2004, 11:21 AM
bump

Vinny
06-07-2004, 11:25 AM
I emailed him the other day and havent heard anything back. I may be making a phone call here in the next few days

markmdz89hatch
06-08-2004, 04:54 AM
I'll give Darryl a call tonight after I get home from work, and see if I can find out the status of these. I'll post up his response as soon as I get it.

Justin86
06-08-2004, 10:04 AM
yea I'm getting very anxious to get this gear. I want it before I put on this new head and intake.

Volitech
06-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Any word on when these are being shipped out?

Volitech
06-13-2004, 11:48 AM
I am moving soon And I need to know if these have been sent out or if I can change the address it's being sent too? Has anyone talked to mike at openloop lately or what?

Justanothermike
06-13-2004, 12:23 PM
we haven't gotten them yet. when we get them we'll let u know

Vinny
06-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Heres some good news for all of us anxiously awaiting our cam gears. Mark asked me to post this so here is it

No worries, I ended up giving Golden Eagle a call directly and spoke to the rep handling this buy. He did say that he expected to have the gears completed and begin to ship either the end of the week this week, or by mid next week at the latest.

I'll give Darryl a call as soon as I get a chance to see how he's going to handle it from there.
-Mark

Hopefully he (the rep) is on the money on the time frame. I Want my gear so I can do some more mod's to the hatch

Justin86
06-15-2004, 02:40 PM
so about another 2 weeks at the latest, good cause I hate waiting for parts.

markmdz89hatch
06-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Alright guys, just got off the phone with Golden Eagle.

The gears just came back from anodizing. All that's needed now is for the laser-etching and they'll be packaged up and sent to Darryl. Then Darryl will ship them all out to the buyers.

...updates will be posted as more info becomes available.

Vinny
06-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks Mark, you are the man

86LXItooFAST4me
06-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Anyone who baught an Extra one, i want one baddly!! will pay $$!! PM ME!!!

Justin86
06-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Yea someone bought 2 extra I belive.

Vinny
06-24-2004, 05:18 AM
Bumpity http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1861Bump.gif for an update

Mike's89AccordLX
06-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Well if someone has a couple extra I would buy one. I just didn't want to have to spend the money and wait an entire year to get it that's all.

-Mike

wprocomp
06-24-2004, 10:27 AM
wheeee now I can send my cam off,oh yeah.............

Vinny
06-24-2004, 11:03 AM
wheeee now I can send my cam off,oh yeah.............

Yeah I will be glad to get mine. I need to put my cam in along with changing oil seals and my timing belt

86LXItooFAST4me
06-24-2004, 01:40 PM
so no one know of a date these things are going to be done? just when ever they are done or what?

Vinny
06-24-2004, 02:04 PM
:dunno: We are currently on our third due date. The first was the middle of May, then on the 17th we were told they were finished adonizing and the outter gears needed made, should be 2-3 weeks. Now, 5 weeks later we were told any day now. We'll see what happens I guess

nswst8
07-04-2004, 06:32 AM
Have we come up with a ship date on these. Everybody is getting edgy including me.
But anyway, any news would be greatly appreciated.

markmdz89hatch
07-04-2004, 09:30 AM
Well, I talked to Golden Eagle on Wednesday. He mentioned that he expected them to be completed with the laser engraving either thursday or friday, and hoped to have them shipped out on Tuesday. (Now, these are being shipped to Darryl, and then he'll be shipping them out to whoever bought them. So, although we're getting much closer to getting them, there'll still be a few days in transit to Darryl, then the individual packaging may take a few days, then the transit out to each individual.

I'll check back with Golden Eagle on Tuesday to find out where we stand. Be ware though, that they may not get shipped out on Tuesday as he had hoped. This is a very busy time for them right now.

Sorry that the news could not be better, but stay tuned for updates, as I'll be posting them as I get them.

Thanks guys.

nswst8
07-04-2004, 09:45 AM
This is all that I ask. Just some updates as to when we can possibly expect something. Just a bunch of wolves waiting to feed.
Thanks again.

Robs89LXi
07-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Okay, I just read all 4,598 pages of this thread, and did not find any real explanation of what the purpose of this adjustable timing gear is. Is it just to be very precise with your timing? I mean, is it worth that much to get down to less than a tooth? Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the price. Actually, that sounds like a very fair amount for a custom job, and they do look realy nice, but I don't care about looks as much as function. Can someone explain the technical details as to why I should want one?
Thanks.

86LXItooFAST4me
07-04-2004, 11:53 AM
it makes the advancing and retarding of the time WAY easy. and more simple. this way you can change it for say when you go to the track and pump a 75shoot of roids in your car, you have to retard the timing a certain amount of degrees. basically it makes the timing easy to change.

Robs89LXi
07-04-2004, 12:07 PM
How can it be more simple than using a timing light and the two bolts on the dizzy? By adjusting the bolts on the cam gear, how do you know what your timing is?

A20A1
07-04-2004, 01:13 PM
no adjusting the ignition timing is totally different then adjusting the valve timing,
for ignition timing you adjust when the spark ignites the air fuel mixture
for cam timing you basicly adjust when the valves open / close... earlier or later will shift the powerband some

Robs89LXi
07-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Okay, so how do you know how much and which way to go? Won't this have to be done on a dyno?