PDA

View Full Version : just an idea about interior

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-12-2003, 09:40 AM
ok, i was wondering if it was possible to have single seats in the rear? have seats like the front ones in the back. that would entail (spell check) removing the "bench" seat and fashioning some sort of piece to block the hole to the trunk. possibly just putting good seat and back cushions on. i'm just thinking out loud here, would this be logistically possible. i think that would kick if someone made it happen. i've got a possible look in my head but explaining it is harder. i'm just throwing ideas out there, what do you all think? throw some ideas back to if you have any.

Osiris
06-12-2003, 09:44 AM
I think i know what your talking about 89. Bucket (front seats) in the back also. Its been done many times in different cars. Im not sure but i would think you would have to do some body work for that. Under the rear seats is the "body" of the car and bucket seats would sit to high up.

Justin86
06-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Take some measurments to see what kind of bucket seats you can fit it the rear.

88 Accord DX
06-12-2003, 09:48 AM
well like Osiris said the back seats sit on the floor. so if you did put rear bucket seats, you would have to find some other way to bolt them down because you can use the rollers that they come on. but ive seen alot of people with old trucks who took out the single big seat and installed 2 bucket seats. but yet again, those seats sat on rollers.

Elijah
06-12-2003, 09:52 AM
I was at a local performance shop and they had rear buckets they wood fit ez they are universal.They are black and blue pleather.

ShawnS
06-12-2003, 12:39 PM
i seen four recaro buckets in a VW passat (92-ish). it looked good, but it was a tight fit. mad props to anyone who undertakes this project.

pimp86LX
06-12-2003, 12:51 PM
If you want a good idea of what to expect them looking like, Look for pictures of an 1989 Turbo Grand Prix. They came with quad-bucket seats and even a little console thinggie back there too.

A20A1
06-12-2003, 12:58 PM
rear bucket seats sound good.... hmm then you can install more speakers in the middle. :D

Not like a rock
06-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Holy crap! You man that thing in the back is a seat? I thought it was just a really nice shelf. That's what it is 90% of the time anyway.

You might want to go find something out of a little fast back car with a 2+2 seat configuration, like an old RX-7 or 280z. That's what I'd do anyway.

Osiris
06-13-2003, 03:36 PM
A20A1 ~ rear bucket seats sound good.... hmm then you can install more speakers in the middle.

No, not speakers. NOS. That way it keeps ppl from smoking in your back seat:flame: LOL

Dibbs
06-14-2003, 10:23 AM
I've been thinking about how to do this in a hatchback and I found that.......it is damn near impossible.

I did give thought to cutting a middle section to provide a separated look when I re-cover my seats later this summer. If I separate them I'll reshape the seats and add strong pulls for a bucket like look. If I do it....I'll post pics. Good idea about the speakers though, and the nos for that matter. It would look badass to see a NOS bottle pokin' up in-between the back seats!:super:

iloveJDMblackrims69
06-14-2003, 10:27 AM
didnt vanilla sky want to do this?

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-17-2003, 05:39 AM
i've been thinkin along the same lines as Dibbie. though if i were to do it, then i would put in dual armrests. not the wide one that comes in the sedan, but two small ones. one for each person. combine that with the armrest for the front seat and it would be sweet. if it was possible mod the front armrest, so you can pull out cup holders for the people in the back. hmmmmmmm, i'm an idea guy, i like to throw out ideas.

nvrenf
06-17-2003, 07:36 PM
i had this dne in my 4 door it was ok if you were 5' 2" or less i took it all out im 6'4" and now have dare i say a car seat in the back (GOD I FEEL OLD)

HondaBoy
06-20-2003, 11:22 AM
heres an idea. i have put prelude front seats in my car. my friend said i should get some put in the back too. dont know how that would work because of the rise where, i guess the gas tank is. maybe this would work realy well, but i would think u could have a clearance problem and head room. maybe ill try doing this with my old seats when i have a chance. maybe today, ill tell yall how this goes.