PDA

View Full Version : B20a motherlode (dirt cheap)

NXRacer
06-12-2003, 03:11 PM
I think i've hit the jackpot of all jackpots!! I'm not sure if anybody else has called these people or not, but i found a place in california that said they have the b20a (the JDM Accord motor). I made sure that it was from the accord when i talked to them and he said he could get it to me for 250 bucks!!!! Now i'm trying to decide if i want a turbo or b20a..............Waddya think people?? They also have A20A3's for 300.(i think they'll go lower too)

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-12-2003, 03:17 PM
Sound like a Good deal.. The A20 cost more? Jeez!! How legit is this company? Do they Supply papers? What condition are the motors in? As for the Jackpot.. It's a JDM B20a not B18c.. J/k Maybe not..

NXRacer
06-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
Sound like a Good deal.. The A20 cost more? Jeez!! How legit is this company? Do they Supply papers? What condition are the motors in? As for the Jackpot.. It's a JDM B20a not B18c.. J/k Maybe not..

They said they were clean and guarranteed for unlimited miles for 180 days. I didnt think to ask them about papers......... Still at that price its a helluva steal. The cheapest place i've seen so far is 900 bucks.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-12-2003, 03:22 PM
If I were you I would do it!! JDM B20a is just a better a a20 and the swap is a hell of alot cheaper than a B16/B18...

NXRacer
06-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
If I were you I would do it!! JDM B20a is just a better a a20 and the swap is a hell of alot cheaper than a B16/B18...

True, i trashed the idea of going to any other b-series motor for either the b20a or a turbo a20a3. I actually kinda trashed the thought of getting a b20a because they were so damn hard to find. But now, i just might do it. I"m gonna call em again and get more info. They were kinda hard to understand because they spoke japenglish which for me is hard to understand....... But they did say it was for the accord and NOT for the prelude......

carotman
06-12-2003, 04:05 PM
The B20A IS worth nothing....

It can only be swaped in old cars and they are usually imported as a mistake with the B20A5.... Anything more than 500 US is too expensive.

RobT5580
06-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Hope they have 5spd trannys to go with them cause they are very very hard to come by. Its very possible to find them that cheap since most people are unaware of them and they dont want to bother with them either so a lot of places were stuck with them for so long. But most of them have automatics or no tranny at all which is a big problem.

NXRacer
06-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by RobT5580
Hope they have 5spd trannys to go with them........

Thats exactly what i was thinking, so i called them this morning and asked them that same question. They said they dont have trannys but they're going to match up some trannys they have to see if they have one that fits. I also emailed them the model numbers for the trannys that come (F2K5 & B2K5) and hopefully they'll have something that works. (fingers crossed)

blazin3gen
06-13-2003, 11:36 AM
hey i live in cali wheres that place at?? and how hard is this swap *goes to look at the FAQ* hmm and i have a auto trany

RobT5580
06-13-2003, 03:51 PM
If the trannys not with it then i doubt they will have any and no other know USDM trannys fit. I think carotman mentioned that the JDM B18 tranny might work but not sure and that may be just as hard to get seperate. I do agree with carotman that they are not worth much and i did pay a bit for one of mine but thats because it was complete and had trouble finding it like that. Plus many others sparked interest in them and were calling around which got the sellers to think it was worth more and they probably didnt even have the money for the swap anyhow.

NXRacer
06-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by RobT5580
If the trannys not with it then i doubt they will have any and no other know USDM trannys fit. I think carotman mentioned that the JDM B18 tranny might work but not sure and that may be just as hard to get seperate. I do agree with carotman that they are not worth much and i did pay a bit for one of mine but thats because it was complete and had trouble finding it like that. Plus many others sparked interest in them and were calling around which got the sellers to think it was worth more and they probably didnt even have the money for the swap anyhow.

Well then i guess its worth the 250 they quoted me and NOT worth the 900 i was quoted by someone else. I'm just gonna wait and see if they can find a tranny to mount up to it. If so i'm gonna get it and either make them give me the tranny cheap or see if i can get whichever tranny they found that works for cheaper around where i live (i have a couple honda/acura junkyard/importers here). I'm crossing my fingers till i hear the news (hopefully good news).

DarknessRS
06-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a great deal, if they have a bunch, could you list their number?

markmdz89hatch
06-16-2003, 06:23 AM
hmmm....

Keep us updated on the tranny crisis.

Just out of curiousity, (sorry for the dumb-ass question), but doesn't the 3G lude come with the B20 as well? Now I do know that there's a reason that the engine will not work from this car, but I would think that they would share the same tranny, no?

....wait, just remembered something....

Are all 3G 'lude tranny's hydro? or did some come cable?