PDA

View Full Version : How much longer on my tranny?

MrBen
06-12-2003, 09:20 PM
I was just wondering... I've got a manual tranny and it's the original one. I havent had a single problem with it, but just thinking when it's going to go. It's an 86. You guys have an idea as to how much longer it's got? 230,000 miles.

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-12-2003, 10:14 PM
My original manual tranny has never once been touched, and I'm about to turn 319,000 miles. Still shifts flawlessly into each and every gear. Original clutch too, btw.

As long as you keep the fluid full (and change it once in awile too), and don't powershift, LOL, you shouldn't have any problems anytime soon.

I was reading the high mileage stories at www.hondabeat.com , and there was a guy with a 2nd gen Prelude with 760k something miles. He had replaced the original manual tranny, but not until after the 700k mark, so that's pretty damn good.

MrBen
06-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Wow.

I get agressive at times, but not as a rule. I'm usually careful of how I shift. However, there are times when I go up to high rpm's. But like I say, not usually. I'm just trying to figure out if I should keep my car. My engine's got to be rebuilt sometime within the next year I am assuming since it is using oil. I dont want to rebuild the engine, then get slapped again money wise with the tranny.