PDA

View Full Version : droppin with stock

3rdGenMartyr
06-06-2002, 09:51 PM
how far should i drop my car with the stock wheels and rubber with out sacrificing my wheel weels and tires

Jims 86LXI HB
06-06-2002, 10:02 PM
I kinda think I know what your asking. Are you concerned with the camber angles of your suspension? 1.5" is the lowest you can drop without needing front camber correction. Beyond 2" and you'll need rear camber correction as well. If camber wasn't what you had in mind when you asked your question could you give more detail as to what your thinking.

89AccordNate
06-07-2002, 07:07 AM
Beyond 2 inches you wont need a kit. My rear is dropped over 2" for sure...and I have no kit but pefect camber.

Nate.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
Beyond 2 inches you wont need a kit. My rear is dropped over 2" for sure...and I have no kit but pefect camber.

Nate.

Not all members with simular drops can say the same thing nate, since some members have had to do camber correction on the rear with such drops.

In general it does seem to be a 50/50 split, so perhaps my comments should be directed at the possibility, instead of saying it is absolutely needed past 2" in the rear. So from now on, I'll only say it might be neccesary, instead of it is neccesary for rear camber correction past 2" drops. The need for front camber correction past 1.5" remains the same.