PDA

View Full Version : Clears...Material

89HatchAzn
06-06-2002, 10:23 PM
What is the material that everyone is usin' for their clears??? I'm lookin' for the reflector material....but I can't find any that is clear. Where can I get it??? I don't wanna use the fluorscence light covers...cause the pattern sucks....

So can anyone help me out?

Jims 86LXI HB
06-06-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by 89HatchAzn
What is the material that everyone is usin' for their clears??? I'm lookin' for the reflector material....but I can't find any that is clear. Where can I get it??? I don't wanna use the fluorscence light covers...cause the pattern sucks....

The fluorscencent light covers are also hecka thin and brittle. But you've got a 89 car. All you gotta do is pry apart your reflector's and pull out the orange part and bame, you've got clears. I think it's in the how to section. In any event I used the front clear turn signal lens from a late 80's something jeep suv. Very nice and thick.

TeKKnoTeKK
06-06-2002, 11:08 PM
I believe you just use thin plexiglass, then mold it. If you are doing the front bumper lights I imagine you could just use the clears from any car, Jim did a how to on that BTW.

HondaSi88
06-07-2002, 04:59 AM
if you are talking about clear bumper lights then the plexi glass
will be toooo clear and bright! I tried it and got pulled over by the cops!
But for the taillights u gotta go to home depot and use their stuff! Its cheap and works well!

89HatchAzn
06-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Alright...so they have the stuff a home depot??? So it is textured like the reflectors???? Cause I'm makin tailights....and I already used the light covers...and they do break easy. might prep boys have some materials I am talkin' about??? And are you sure that Home depot will have it?

Jims 86LXI HB
06-08-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by 89HatchAzn

I wish you would have said you were trying to make TAIL LIGHTS.
I feel stupid for my earlier reply, "clears" usually means front turn signals.