PDA

View Full Version : Moon Roof

Nate2310
06-13-2003, 08:26 AM
How much do you think it would cost to put a moonroof on an lx professionaly or do it yourself cause I want one.

BDaccordguy
06-13-2003, 10:21 AM
im curious about that too, i really want one. I had heard a while back that a place around here was installing pop up sunroofs for $200 so im thinking $350-400 or more.

.:1987 LX:.
06-13-2003, 12:50 PM
No joke I want a sunroof as well! THEN I'd be free. Maybe I'll just cut a hole in my roof and when it rains throw a peice of ply wood in it.:pimp: what do you guys think? lol

Where are you guys located-if that place is still in business that is.

What's the difference between a moonroof and a sun roof anyway?

Elijah
06-13-2003, 12:52 PM
A sunroof goes on top of the car and a moon roof goes in the roof of ur car.

06-13-2003, 01:10 PM
:werd: That doens't really make to much sense. cause technically it still is the same thing though isn't it? I understand... the concept-per se- of the sunroof and moonroof being on top and inside but...

What? :stick: :sadwave: could you explain?

BDaccordguy
06-13-2003, 02:23 PM
that place is still in business, but im in the northern half of the lower peninsula of michigan. That $200 was for the manual pop up sunroofs. I have no idea what they charge for power sunroofs and moonroofs.

Justin86
06-13-2003, 06:16 PM
If you want a power moonroof just go to the junk yard and take off the stock 3G's one and install. The pop up ones usally cost around $200-300.
Also the moonroofs are usally tinted and the sunroofs are not.

06-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Wow... how do you cut the hole in the roof for the moonroof?

THATS SO BADASS I'M GONNA HAVE A MOONROOF BABY!!!!!!!!!! YEHA!!!! :pimp: :super: :flip: :werd: :wave:

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-14-2003, 06:14 AM
i remember stacy doing a sunroof install on an episode of TRUCKS. he had to cover interior, get outline pattern of the sunroof, remove the fixture in the roof(dome light), and use a.....jigsaw? i believe it was a jig. clean it up, put on the seals, and put in sunroof. this was more of a overview, look into more. look at all the details, not just cut a hole and throw in the moonroof. you gotta have room in the roof for it to slide back, what's gonna happen to your dome light, how will you wire it. look at all that stuff and study it hard.

ase
07-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Sunroofs have typically (in modern, post-1980 vehicles) been identified as metal, whereas moonroofs are glass. Has nothing to do with tint or lack of, or which way they pop out.

My 1993 Mercedes E class has a sunroof. It slides under the roofline (between the liner and the roof sheetmetal.)

My 1995 Civic Coupe had a moonroof that popped up and out over the roofline.

Hope that clears things up a little.

Osiris
07-22-2003, 07:23 PM
shop around here does the manual (cheap) popups for $300 installed and everything included. The electric ones whatever you wanna call them (sun or moon) go for $600 with everything included and installed.

07-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Thanks guys that clears a lot up for me! :-D

thegreatdane
07-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Dont you guys think it will rust much easier when not factory installed??

86AccordLxi
07-23-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ase
Sunroofs have typically (in modern, post-1980 vehicles) been identified as metal, whereas moonroofs are glass. Has nothing to do with tint or lack of, or which way they pop out.

My 1993 Mercedes E class has a sunroof. It slides under the roofline (between the liner and the roof sheetmetal.)

My 1995 Civic Coupe had a moonroof that popped up and out over the roofline.

Hope that clears things up a little.

Sweet! Another member from Salem! Be sure to check out the "Let's Meet" section for upcoming meets this summer. Where do you live in Salem?

Alex

NXRacer
07-23-2003, 09:44 AM
I have a sunroof on my coupe. I dont know who did the original install, but somebody was throwing rocks onto the roadway and broke out my sunroof. I never found the fuckers because believe you me i would have beat some serious ass. I looked into getting it replaced and nobody would do it. I finally found a place here in oregon that specializes in after-market sunroofs (sp?). They normally charge $1000 but since it was an insurance deal, i only had to pay 100 bucks! New (and larger) power sunroof AND a new headliner. I made out like a bandit!

Depending on the amount of room available in your roof, the sunroof will either slide into the roof, or slide out over the top of the roof (like some civics, preludes and eclipses).

I've heard that the moonroofs (pop-up non powered) that are not installed from the factory have a BAD reputation of leaking like a bitch.

ase
07-23-2003, 03:33 PM
I'm actually in Keizer. Live across the street from JC's Pizza/Ringo's bar. Blargh!