PDA

View Full Version : Question on removing Power Steering...

88LXi68
06-13-2003, 08:32 AM
As i understand it there are 4 hardlines going into the power steering rack. 2 of these lines go to the speed sensor in the tranny. What happens if I remove them? I am confused about that.

CARBurn
06-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Won't it just leak fluid from the power steering rack unless you plug the connections on the rack with something?

Why do you just want to remove these two lines, are you looking to remove "speed sensitive" steering from your rack?

While we are one the topic:
On one of the lines that go to my power rack (I think it is coming from one of lines from the speed sensor on the tranny) the bolt is semi-stripped, the only way I can really loosen it from the steering rack is with a vise grip and hammer. Can the line be replaced? and much more important, is this done easily?

Thanks.

AccordEpicenter
06-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Id just keep the power steering, its hard as a mofo without it, and i didnt notice a difference running with the ps belt off, so it cant take that much power to turn...

88LXi68
06-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
Id just keep the power steering, its hard as a mofo without it, and i didnt notice a difference running with the ps belt off, so it cant take that much power to turn...

It is more the fact I do not want to spend the money on the Place Racing adapter bracket.

A20A1
06-18-2003, 01:37 PM
you need to lube the speedo port... I added some oil in there and looped a hose from one port to the other... if you don't you'll kill your speedo cables, and possibly the entire assembly... I went thru 2 before I figured out what was causing the problem.

88LXi68
06-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
you need to lube the speedo port... I added some oil in there and looped a hose from one port to the other... if you don't you'll kill your speedo cables, and possibly the entire assembly... I went thru 2 before I figured out what was causing the problem.

thanks mike. Thats the answer I was looking for.