PDA

View Full Version : Does your car sit higher on one side after being lowered?

NeubJ
06-13-2003, 11:33 AM
I just wanted to know

After your car was lowered with lowering springs does it sit lower on one side?

I am very hmmm shall I say meticulous with my car.
After being lowered it still sits higher on the passenger side.
(I did double check the strut setup (you know the bushings bump stops etc...) What could it be?

87AccordsterLx
06-13-2003, 11:43 AM
I have heard of a couple of people that mentioned something to that effect. Although the majority of the people don't notice anything out of the ordinary. I have a set of Sprint 2.25in lowering springs and I checked with a few people that currently have them on their car and they said that the height is equal. I’m just waiting to get some shocks and the springs are going on...

BTW what enkeis do you have? I have 16in CDR9's with the same tires that you have.

NeubJ
06-13-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 87AccordsterLx

BTW what enkeis do you have? I have 16in CDR9's with the same tires that you have.

LOL ...I too have cdr 9's.

87AccordsterLx
06-13-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by NeubJ
LOL ...I too have cdr 9's.

SWEET!!! Thats funny shit man... If you could get me some pics of your 15's I would be greatful... :) Lol... some tire and rim setup!

AZmike
06-13-2003, 03:25 PM
My H&Rs lowered the left and right equal amounts. There were some small differences in ride height before I started that remained with the new springs. The front driver side corner was 0.2" lower than the front passenger and rear driver side, which were the same. The passenger side rear was 0.2" higher than the passenger front. All measurements were taken from the jack points near the wheels.

johndej
06-13-2003, 07:09 PM
hmm... thats odd. could it be that something is bent or not lined up right?

buish
06-13-2003, 07:30 PM
not sure, but since most of the time, you are the main passenger in the car, the springs on the driver side will sag over time, while if you don't drive passengers around, the pasenger side springs won't be affected that much?

just an assumption.

A20A1
06-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Mine was different... I just adjusted the coil overs some to line it up. I had them both set to the lowest setting so I know they were even to start with.

NeubJ
06-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by 87AccordsterLx
SWEET!!! Thats funny shit man... If you could get me some pics of your 15's I would be greatful... :) Lol... some tire and rim setup!

Here is at least something ..

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/282000-282999/282767_14.jpg

dXsquared
06-16-2003, 07:09 PM
coilovers rule! lol

Travis

NeubJ
06-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
coilovers rule! lol

Travis
YUP
What struts are you using and do u have a camber kit?

Right now coilovers/proper struts are something to think about later on (I want to get the strut/coilover setup right plus a camber kit. I figure that would run me over 900 dollar)

AZmike
06-16-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by buish
not sure, but since most of the time, you are the main passenger in the car, the springs on the driver side will sag over time, while if you don't drive passengers around, the pasenger side springs won't be affected that much?

just an assumption.

The off center position of the engine, transmission, and steering column probably contribute to this more than anything else. The weight of a driver or passenger is still pretty small compared to the car's ~2700 lb weight. So if the springs were to sag they would probably be about the same on both sides.

dXsquared
06-17-2003, 05:33 AM
well... im running a full bodied setup

its a all in one setup
its fairly stiff and its real easy to install...

there are two major problems with them tho

the rear didnt come with a top hat so i had to get the top ring of the old springs welded to the new coil over spring

and the front strut body was 2 inches too long, so i had to cut em and weld the top back on

i bet if you say something when you order, they will fix it

http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=23891

(they are the 3 rd pair from the top and the 14th pair from teh top for the rear)

they are called LOW BOYZ and they are 240 bucks a pair

so instead of like 900 bucks, you can get lowered for 480 bucks

and the struts are life time warenty, if they break, send em back

this company has been around for a long time, they are the old RICKY RACER and they always have a 2 page ad in SUPER STREET , IMPORT TUNER and most truck mags get multiple page ad's

Travis

cdscowboy
06-17-2003, 02:06 PM
I'm having a similar issue with just my stock springs. Only it's lower on the passenger side, not driver side. I have no clue as to why it's doing that. Is there something that needs adjusting or something??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :wave: :)

AZmike
06-17-2003, 02:47 PM
There is not adjustment unless you want to try and find something to use as a shim between the lower corner's spring and its perch. Do all of the suspension parts look ok? Just how much lower is the passenger side?

carotman
06-17-2003, 11:47 PM
My car is lower on the passenger rear side... it was like this with the stock springs and it still is with the Neuspeed springs....

All the weight of the car seems to be on the driver side. The engine is on that side, all the steering colums and controls are there, plus the gas tank is on that side of the car.... That's the only explanation I found so far

cdscowboy
06-18-2003, 01:09 AM
I haven't inspected the suspesion parts really closely, cause I didn't notice it till I got my wheel put back on and I didn't have time. I'd say it's a difference of about an inch or so...thereabouts. You can notice it when you're driving/riding.