PDA

View Full Version : Camber adjustment.

87LX-i HB
06-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Okay, here's the deal with the camber for all of you going crazy with the uneven tire wear on your cars after you lower them. Any car's camber is gonna be affected by negative camber when you lower it. For the 3geez, some have said that the prelude upper arms can be used and adjusted. I don't know if that works, but I do know what does. Try a camber kit. They are kind of pricey, but worth it. I got mine for $89 per wheel. The two in the front were a sinch. Just remove the upper arm, and replace the spacers with the new kit, and set to corresponding setting. The one that was a pain in the ass was the rear one. I lowered my car 2 1/2". In order to do the back one, you have to break the ball joint, pull out the upper arm, and remove the bushing holding on the mounting bracket which connects to the inner part of the wheel well. I had to use a big ass monkey wrench to get it out. I tried to cut it at first with a knife, but don't waste your time. After I got the stock one out, however, installation of the adjustable kit was pie. Just lube it up and slide it in. Sound like something you've done before?? Anyway any questions, just hit me up. I took my car to the shop after installing the camber kits, and the camber on the front was only off by +0.04 degrees. The back was even better than that. Almost perfect.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-06-2002, 11:13 PM
With out commenting on the merrits of this post, Yasu can you please move it to where it BELONGS in the SUSPENSION section

88LXiHB
06-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Nice name :rolleyes:

TeKKnoTeKK
06-06-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by 87LX-i HB
The one that was a pain in the ass was the rear one. I lowered my car 2 1/2". In order to do the back one, you have to break the ball joint, pull out the upper arm, and remove the bushing holding on the mounting bracket which connects to the inner part of the wheel well.

I lowered mine 2 1/2" inches also, and I didn't need a camber kit for the rear

89AccordNate
06-07-2002, 07:06 AM
Well, I hate to tell you, it sounds like your installing the ingalls kit. I have had the ingalls kit on my car for about 2 years now. You should see the inside of my tires compared to the outsides! And yes, my camber was only off .4 degrees also or so. I dont know if it got knocked lose or it worked its way lose, but its NOT right. The insides of my tires are about this tall || while the outsides are about this tall | |. Its not that much and yes the kit helped, but im not going to use it much longer. I will be switching to prelude upper arms within the month of course with new front tires :mad:. Its either total camber fix or no camber fix for me! Its so frustrating to see your tires wear like that. Their also "cupping" but I dont know what that is from. The roads around here arent anywhere as close to smooth as my ass, but their not terrible. I dont know whats wrong..but im not risking it again..ingalls can blow me!

Nate.

AccordChemist
06-07-2002, 02:49 PM
wish i could find that post nate, where you were doggin on prelude arms and shit and was telling people to bow down to ingalls....lol