PDA

View Full Version : Help with part plz

Morpheus
06-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Which part is the mechanism that locks the seatlbelt when jerked and recoils the seatbelt?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=2DR+DX&catcgry4=KL5MT&catcgry5=SEAT+BELT

A20A1
06-13-2003, 08:54 PM
# 20 and 22... the price is high... plus 19 and 21 is the lower segment. so i guess it comes as a complete part.

A20A1
06-13-2003, 09:00 PM
Oh 20 is for the right side cause it says "R" in the description

and 22 is the left side cause it has "L"

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Is something wrong with your seatbelt? If so, you can just take it to the dealer and they'll fix it for free. Hondas seatbelts have a lifetime warranty.

A20A1
06-13-2003, 09:50 PM
hmm is that one of those, little know, seldom disclosed facts?

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
hmm is that one of those, little know, seldom disclosed facts?
Not really.... I have the warranties pamphlet (it was part of the whole big owners manual booklet thing) and it says right in there (p. 22). Here's what it says...
=====================
Seat Belt Limited Warranty

While seat belts cannot eliminate all injury, they can provide a very significant level of protection when used properly. Honda believes that seat belt use is the best method of enhancing occupant safety, and that seat belts should always be in good operating order for use by vehicle occupants.

This warranty is given to the owner of any 1989 Honda automobile distributed by American Honda through the Honda Automobile division, and sold by an authorized Honda automobile dealer in teh United States, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Time Period
This warranty continues for the useful life of the car.

Warranty Coverage
Honda will repair or replace, at its option, any Honda seat belt that fails to function properly during normal use, free of charge for parts and labor.

This Warranty Does Not Cover:
-Malfunction due to abuse, alternation, accidental damage or damage resulting from a collision, or misuse.

-Replacement of a properly functioning seat belt because of cosmetic or comfort reasons.
==================

Also when I called the dealer to ask about the buckle latch recall thingy, the dude also mentioned that they were warrantied for the life of the car.

Osiris
06-16-2003, 11:18 PM
So let me get this right. I call Honda. Tell Honda my seatbelts dont work. (2 in the rear & passenger side). And Honda says that OK guy. Well fix it for free on us. :huh: Sounds way to good to be true. Honda usually takes from me, not give.:lol