PDA

View Full Version : Help! can't get carb out for mixture adjust

rustyaccord
06-13-2003, 04:50 PM
The manual, and the 'howto' on here suggest that just removing the throttle cable and unloader vacuum hose you will be able to lift the carb and vacuum manifold out so you can tilt it back and get the 3rd screw underneath the carb to remove the idle controller bracket and get the 'plug' out.

I removed of course the 4 nuts holding the carb down, and two nuts holding the vacuum manifold on, and misc vacuum hoses. I can only lift the carb out about 1/2 way, not enough to get it of the rear studs and flip it around. The vacuum manifold is pretty damn rigid, still. Is it that some of the hoses in the back have just hardened up or am I missing something? The two large vacuum hoses in the back were a bitch to try and get off, so I just gave up for the night. (I really would like to not remove the 4,334,223 hoses to figure out where is the sticking point)

If I manage to get it out, I'm thinking of not putting the plug back :) Just tape it up or something.

Also I tried to take out the automatic choke control for easier access to the passenger side rear carb bolt, but after removing two screws (the only ones I could find) it seems as though it doesn't come of. Correct? Getting that back in there is going to be a royal pain..

ACCORD EX
06-15-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by rustyaccord

If I manage to get it out, I'm thinking of not putting the plug back :) Just tape it up or something.

i put a piece of wood infront of it !

MIKE

A20A1
06-15-2003, 07:38 AM
the choke assembly has 3 screws... I suggested the "SNAP-IT-OFF" method for the final screw, and it works... but it just depends how picky you are.

rustyaccord
06-15-2003, 08:47 AM
yeah thanks guys, I managed to do it..

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=217331#post217331