PDA

View Full Version : eratic idle, engine light, and clicking from tranny

Tref_LXI
06-13-2003, 05:21 PM
ok guys i just replaced my engine with a new one that has 86k on it. I took it to a repair shop to have them check out the last of my problems on the new engine, but they said to drive my car around for a while to see if this goes away. I have driven 400 miles on the engine and it still has problems with its eratic idle. The idle goes up and down in a very short range all the time unless i am hitting 5k rpms. My engine light comes on if i go past 3k rpms, and i have a noise coming from the tranny. THe tranny shifts great and drives great. I really need to get this problem resloved, because i have already put enough money into it.
I have done these things to fix the idle, but still is not working right:
#1 new fuel filter
#2 ngk v spark plugs
#3 New spark plug wires
#4 Fuel injector cleaner
#5 91 octane fuel

88' Accord Ltd
06-13-2003, 07:57 PM
You should check the code that the engine is giving after 3k for starters, get someone to ride in the back and read the code after you hit 3k....

Tref_LXI
06-13-2003, 08:04 PM
there is no code, thats the thing

88' Accord Ltd
06-13-2003, 08:07 PM
:huh: really? when the check engine light is on the ecu dosen't give a code? I always thought it did..hmm

Tref_LXI
06-13-2003, 08:44 PM
i dont know, this is very weird. I am just going to take it back to the mechanics so they can deal with it.

cruznz
06-14-2003, 12:09 AM
no code means a possible ECU fault,but testing of EFI components should be done before condeming ECU ,(eacv,idle control solenoids,correct idle setting,check for air leaks too)

If you need diagrams of component testing i can scan and email if you like,(the 1 i have is for a A20A4),it may be of some help to you