PDA

View Full Version : Squeak when changing gears

tozza6
06-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi Guys
I have a funny squeaking noise when i change gears and release the cluch. It only happens when i am accelerating a bit harder than usual(3500 - 4000 rpm). I push in the clutch, change up a gear and when i release the clutch i hear a weird squeak coming from the front of the car - it only happens for a second while the clutch is engaging. Any ideas what this could be?

I have an 89 Si (2.0 efi) stock - only put in an amp & sub and a neon inside

ACCORD EX
06-15-2003, 07:15 AM
checked tranny oil ??

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
06-15-2003, 08:29 AM
probably exaust or motor mount

Dutchboy
06-15-2003, 10:47 AM
mine does the exact same thing.....

ive changed most of the front end parts but it hasnt stopped,,,
i guess its the motor mounts or some other part on the suspension other than the control arm bushings and shocks since ive replaced all that stuff.

:stick:

MrBen
06-15-2003, 10:57 AM
My mom's clutch pedal squeaks when pushing it. Sure it's not that? :D (I'm sure you wish it was)

tozza6
06-15-2003, 04:25 PM
yeah the clutch squeaks a bit when i push it in - wish it was that but it isn't

tozza6
06-15-2003, 04:30 PM
AccordEpicenter how would the exaust cause this sound?....just curious to your reason - i have the stock system and i think it's probably the original one - some old people had the car before i bought it. I thought the engine mounts could have been a possibility myself but i'm not too knowledgable in the engine bay yet - still learning!

DutchBoy the suspension is stock, probably original too, could there be some worn parts that are on their way out??

Thanks for the replies guys...still don't know what to do though...

Dutchboy
06-15-2003, 07:16 PM
yah it could be the suspension but i think its gotta be the mounts or something in the engine because it only happens for the split second once the clutch is let out and thats when all the tourque is applied to the wheels again and thatll make the supension and engine move.

i was also thinking thats it the radius rods...mine move a bit but im not to sure if thats normal or not.

im not going to worry about it though since doesnt seem to hurt anything.