PDA

View Full Version : Emission coming soon

c20v6turbo3rdgen
06-15-2003, 03:07 AM
I have emissions on my car soon, what can i do to get it readya nd what are some tricks before I go. I heard of driving it 30 minutes before and change my gas cap before i go... I just put on Bosch 2 plat. plugs and bosch wires if that makes a diff.

87AccordsterLx
06-15-2003, 02:32 PM
:D Make sure your timing is set correctly and first off you will not pass with that damn clamp on your dist. cap!!! I'll pick up 2 gas caps when I go into NAPA. Fix your dist. !!!!!

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-04-2003, 02:13 PM
Nathan, Why do you have to diss my shit? I am soooo sorry that I can't dump out 270 something dollars right now for a distributor!

A20A1
07-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Clamp on the distributor cap?

whats he talking about, did the screw threads bust or something?

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-04-2003, 02:31 PM
I have a vise grip on my dis. cause I was taking the screw out and it snapped off inside of the houseing

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Ask a friend who knows a friend!! I figured since u knew Accorster, and he is a street racer.. never mind!

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-04-2003, 02:41 PM
?

stizle
07-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Emissions when and how often do cars have to go through that????

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-04-2003, 02:51 PM
I think every year

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by c20v6turbo3rdgen
I think every year

Simply put! Pay a lil extra like I did .. Here in nYc is 35 Pass or Fail. I paid $50 and I passed!

A20A1
07-04-2003, 03:13 PM
thats how it's done

all the illegally modified cars stay on the road cause they know a guy that can get them the papers and stickers. I don't know anyone so I just avoid getting pulled over.

cruznz
07-04-2003, 03:36 PM
whats with the emission tests guy's?....is this something you gotta go thru every year?
Sounds pretty f***ed up to me,as we dont have this test here in NZ, at least , it's not compulsory or law anyway

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-04-2003, 03:38 PM
I am f ing pissed now. I hate this shit! I don't really wanna do it
but I have too cause I need to get my new tag. I am turning 21 on the 23rd of this month and I have to get a new license,tag,year sticker, and emmisions.

Aarie$$oul
07-24-2003, 06:20 AM
Well my 86 Accord fail emissions for too much CO. It wasnt a whole lot but i still failed. I was told to use a gas treatment beforehand and also I was told driving the car awhile gets rid of alot of the emissions.

When i got my car inspected i had only drove it five minutes after getting it fixed to become driveable.Before that the car sat for like a year at my brothers so you know i had mad shit to repair!

Aarie$$oul
07-24-2003, 06:21 AM
I wish i lived in florida or Michigan....i heard they don't have to worry about emission test at all and the inspections are mad easy.

hondamanlxi
07-24-2003, 09:14 AM
inspections? emmissions? what is that?
I live in the south, cop cars would barely pass inspection!

RustyHo88
07-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Yea, here in michigan, we dont have emissions testing. i am curious though... what states do and dont have emissions? is there a website somewhere that explains the laws in every state. i havent found one... so lets do this. everyone who reads this message, post what state youre from, and whether or not you have emissions testing. i know that oregon, michigan and florida do not. i also know california, wisconsin, and utah do. so, yea... everyone start posting!

wikkedv15
07-24-2003, 05:22 PM
good ol.. florida.. hehe.. no emissions.. hell.. if we had emissions.. everybody would be taking city buses or bike riding...
it just wont happen here for the next maybe 7-10yrs
but yeh..
im glad we dont.. really.. someway somehow.. their is still pollution.. so eh.. w.e

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-25-2003, 08:09 PM
I passed with more than flying colors thank god...someone asked me if I had to take off my Weapon R Dragon intake and I said no and they said that there was no way that I passed with that on..

89LxiAg
07-26-2003, 11:22 AM
I'm here in Texas and we don't have mandatory emissions testing. I belive that Houston and other larger cities in Texas may require emissions testing IF you get pulled over for blowing smoke or other smog-contributing substances.

As for inspections, every time you get your new registration sticker, you also have (are supposed) to get an inspection sticker. During the inspection, the attendant usually just looks for signs of danger like no blinker, no reverse lights, stuff like that. The inspections are done by gas station attendants, not state agents, so they are usually fairly easy.

BTW, Texas did away with license plate stickers awhile back after we had problems with people stealing them and putting them on an un-inspected car's plates. The new inspection stickers go inside the windshield by the registration sticker (left of steering wheel).

KaMiKaZeE
07-26-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 89LxiAg
I'm here in Texas and we don't have mandatory emissions testing. I belive that Houston and other larger cities in Texas may require emissions testing IF you get pulled over for blowing smoke or other smog-contributing substances.
Hi! Dallas here. ACCTUALLY, we DO have mandatory emissions testing in the DFW area. Mandatory emissions testing does not go by states, it goes by county. Pretty much all of the major cites like Dallas and their surrounding areas ARE subject to mandatory testing. If you live outside this area, you aren't.

89LxiAg
07-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Oops. My mistake, I figured the larger cities might have something like mandatory testing, but I wasn't sure. My bad. BTW, I'm in College Station right now, but grew up in Beaumont. Thanks for setting me straight.