PDA

View Full Version : Blinkers and Inside lights

c20v6turbo3rdgen
06-15-2003, 03:12 AM
My right blinker blinks too fast and all of my door ligts will not come on when I open the door except for the left rear...What can it be?

NOAHS88accord
06-15-2003, 04:04 AM
check your bulbs on the inside, and sound like a blinker relay or flasher or whatever that thing under the dash is called

'89AccordLX(Rus)
06-15-2003, 05:30 AM
Fast Right Blinker:

Check to makes sure that all the blinker bulbs on the right side are working. If even just one goes out, the relay will speed up. (BTW, these relays are not designed to do this to alert you, it is just their natural reaction to a change in resistance.)

Interior lights:

First you might want to check all the bulbs. Also, when you open the doors that don't activate the interior lights, does the Gauge Cluster Car Diagram show that the door is open? If not the problem is probably the door switches. With time they tend to corrode or loose the ability to make full contact. They are fairly easy to remove for inspection. Most probably the switch isn't making good contact. If you want to test and see if it is the switch, short the wire that goes to the switch against the chassis/body (I think that this is what the switch does in the first place) . If the lights turn on, the switch is the culprit.

Hope you find this helpful. :)

ACCORD EX
06-15-2003, 07:28 AM
i am with RUS ! i know for fact that blinkers go faster when they are about to go !

MIKE

c20v6turbo3rdgen
06-15-2003, 09:17 PM
No, the guage cluster is telling me when the doors are open. I can't figure it out..

'89AccordLX(Rus)
06-16-2003, 07:02 AM
Are you reffering to the lights in the doors themselves? If so I think that all of the door lights should not come on. Just the one for the door being open. Pry the cover off and check the bulb. Also you can check for current in the bulb seat to see if the light is actually getting power. In the worst case it might be cracked or frayed wiring where the door swings out. It could however be as simple as a burned out bulb.

My .$02. :D

c20v6turbo3rdgen
06-16-2003, 10:37 AM
no I am talking about whne I open the door the light does not come on

'89AccordLX(Rus)
06-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Ok, I reread the first post you made and it seems like you are talking about the courtesy lights. If not correct me. Check the light bulbs in the lights and see if they are still good. The fact that your gauge cluster tells you when the doors are open leads me to believe that your switches and wiring are fine.

Hope you find this helpful.

87AccordsterLx
06-16-2003, 06:36 PM
We already checked the bulbs... I think there is a short some where, it's just going to be a pain in the ass trying to find out where...

c20v6turbo3rdgen
06-16-2003, 07:01 PM
thank god someone understands

NOAHS88accord
06-16-2003, 08:20 PM
the courtesy has a setting for the switch on it to shut all lights off even if doors are opened, i think its when you push it all the way back, not sure though. the switch is set to either turn the light on constantly, only turn light on when door is opened, or turn it off always. just set the switch to the middle setting and see if that helps.

DISCLAIMER: not sure if that is right just trying to help troubleshoot

c20v6turbo3rdgen
06-30-2003, 08:17 AM
how could I find that switch? is it under the radio (the small black box)?