PDA

View Full Version : Car is hard to start WTF!!!!!!!

BigCook
06-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Ok, yesterday I go out to start my car and all it does is crank, but it won't start. I keep trying and nothing. I listened for the fuel pump and did not hear it whine, but I heard it click. Finally it started up. It ran fine for a day then it did it again today. I checked the wires and injectors and they are fine. The car would sometimes start and then die. Even if I gave it gas when it turned over. After turning the key back and forth a few times it started. The ? I have is does this sound like a fuel pump problem, main relay, or other? What is the best way to test them? Thanks

'89AccordLX(Rus)
06-16-2003, 07:13 AM
Before you attack the more expensive parts of the car try changing the fuel filter. While at it you might as well change out the air filter and check plugs and wires. I had a similar problem with my LX and all new filters and plugs solved the problem. On the FI the fuel filter should be in the engine compatment. You can either download the shop manual from Paul's Site (http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html) or buy a service manual from your local automotive store. These publications will greately aid you in many repairs that you may perform on your car. Filters are a cheap way to protect the engine and keep it running well so changing them won't hurt.

I hope you find this helpful.

greekguy7
06-16-2003, 07:57 AM
If it was the main relay, then the problem would be when it is HOT.