PDA

View Full Version : G-Tech Pro Questions

Osiris
06-16-2003, 02:28 PM
I was lookin at the GTech site and now im thinking about gettin one. Who on the board has it and is it worth it. There seems to be two different ones, so plz specify if you reply. Is it accarute and is it worth the $250 for the high end one and like $150 for the other. Need details and recommendations plz.

:confused:

pimp86LX
06-16-2003, 02:44 PM
Gtech's are those lil' computer type dealies that estimate your HP and 1/4 mile time right? Can you post the link or PM it to me? I want to check it out too

wprocomp
06-16-2003, 04:04 PM
hey osiris they are not worth it...they do not read correctly all the time,you ought to go to temple dragway its not far from you...I think it would be better to spend it on the cars performance...for example hot rod mag did a test on a corvette awhile back/it had 422hp at the wheels on a stationary dyno and ran 12.2...the g-tech said it had 392hp and 12.8...not off by much but kinda dissapointing.

87Hybrid
06-16-2003, 07:56 PM
I got one. I don't use it much, your best bet if you realy want one is to get one off of E-bay cheap, I bid on at least 50 of them before I got one for the price that I wanted to pay.

Osiris
06-16-2003, 11:11 PM
pimp86LX Gtech's are those lil' computer type dealies that estimate your HP and 1/4 mile time right? Can you post the link or PM it to me? I want to check it out too

Here you go pimp -> http://www.gtechpro.com/

Hey you guyz that been to the track. How much does that usually cost then?

BTW - I was reading Gtechs site. With the info you have to put in like cars weight i would figure it would be off by some. Unless you have a scale for your car.:D

A20A1
06-17-2003, 02:55 AM
My track is 7 bucks to watch and or race. I don't see the need for the G-Tech... especialy if you don't have many mods... sure it's a fun gadget. In the end it's not really helping your car... unless it records the Air fuel ratio and stuff like that.

shepherd79
06-17-2003, 09:11 AM
i have one. i used it 3 times so far. you will need to find level road to use it.