PDA

View Full Version : lighting questions

moose
06-16-2003, 05:22 PM
i have two quesions bout lighting. first off, i got my oil changed, and they said my "cornering lights" are out. first off i dunno what those are, so i was wondering what/where they are, and how i go about fixing them. secondly, how do i change the front turn signals to be clear? can i just take out the whole thing and take out the ambert insert i assume is in it? or do i hafta buy new ones? how do i go about taking them out, and if i hafta buy new ones, where can i get them? thanks for any help

Osiris
06-16-2003, 10:57 PM
First off, I see your a newbie, so im gonna give you some advice to save you alotta grief. Run a search, and check the FAQs and the how-to's on the home page before askin a questions so that you dont ask questions that have been answered allready.

With that out of the way, i would assume cornering lights would be your turn signals. I would turn on your hazards (flashers) and make sure they all blink. Good practice to check all lights anyways.

To change the turn signals clear just read this thread about them that is posted in the FAQ's section.

clear lens -> http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186

moose
06-17-2003, 12:13 AM
i had checked the faq section and saw that, and i had figured it was a film i could remove, but what i was asking was how to go about taking out the side marker and turn signal. do i have to remove the whole flip up headlight assembly to get to them? cuz it seems like it's right in the way of the bolts that hold them in

Oz87Si
06-18-2003, 05:37 AM
changing your side markers or parking lights, what ever u wanna call them....you have to take the covers off the headlights so you can get to the screws that hold the side marker covers on. theres not a lot of room to work with, but its not that hard once you know what u need to do. Take the two sections of covers off the headlights, then take the screws out for the side marker lenses.

Dont drop anything though cos once you drop something in the engine bay, the fucker is gone forever trust me.

Or, check out your official hand book for the car, it tells you there with an illustration.

MrBen
06-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Yeah I've lost like 5 screws down there. Be careful! If you're lucky, you can get to your sidemarker without removing your headlight crap. I was lucky.

moose
06-18-2003, 10:25 AM
hmm, hopefully just the cover will be enough. i really wanna do the clear tun signals, and apparently i need to fix the side ones, i checked the emergancy lights and nothing blinks of the side, so i figure that's problem :(

Justin86
06-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Dude you don't need to take off your headlight covers at all. There is just two screws that hold on the side markers, and you can get to them with a small phlips screw driver. If you want to you can put your headlight in the up position and that will give you a better view of the screws.

HondaBoy
06-20-2003, 11:01 AM
u know, i used to thing it was a total bitch taking off the side markers. but i read my honda repair manual and it shows just take off the one screw , and behind that the 2 screws holding it to the fender. also takeing off the black park of hte headlight is good to get more access. i did this and it worked