PDA

View Full Version : whats this piece?

staticpat
06-17-2003, 08:55 AM
<url>http://www.geocities.com/accord89lx/keihinvacuum.html</url>

the piece on the back of the intake manifold that takes in vaccum lines 17 18 and 19

mine broke off, is it important? where can i get a new one, or can i just plug the lines.

also where did all these new carb intakes come from?? there looking good, now i feel less original.

thanks in advance

mindlos
06-17-2003, 09:51 AM
That's thermovalve A. When the coolant in the intake manifold gets above a certain temperature in connects/opens certain vacuum lines to each other in order for vacuum signals to engage or disengage something in some system. It that particular diagram it is crucial for the the choke to fuction properly other wise your choke will always be on and run super rich.

It wont be enough to just plug the lines but I believe you can route the #18 that goes to the thermovalve directly to the where #19 comes from on the fast idle unloader.

I wonder if the junkyard will give one to you without taking the intake manifold ... unless you go to a "you pull it" joint.

Did you remove your vacuum lines?

staticpat
06-17-2003, 01:18 PM
is it piece 11 or 13 on this page

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=TUBING+%28CARB.%29

it looks like piece 11 to me because of the three vaccum outs, but piece 13 says thermovalve.

and is it really worth that much. i spent 2 hours looking through a junkyard today, and everytime i thought i saw one, it was s different style carb.

A20A1
06-17-2003, 01:39 PM
It must be # 11...

I mentioned to someone that they could use a 2 port thermovalve... but that was cause he had one to spare and did the vacuum line removal. I'm not sure where that post is... :(

staticpat
06-18-2003, 09:14 AM
do you think the broken thermovalve could have caused the car to overheat. because it was broken when i found it. and my car died from a long list of calamaties initially caused by major overheating and i hadn't found the cause yet.

A20A1
06-18-2003, 11:55 AM
no... the thermovalve does not controll cooling on the car... lack of coolant though will cause the valve to not work... well if it wasn't broken.

anyways so the car doesn't run anymore?
I know when I had a leaky pump I had to fill the ratiator up before work and again before I left to go home.

staticpat
06-18-2003, 06:58 PM
the head gasket blew, and the radiator sprung a leak, and the car overheated and tons of stuff melted and all the cylinders eventually seized up. im 90 percent done with replacing the motor. but i noticed this piece was broken on my old motor, and i broke the one on the new motor, so just seeing how important it is. thanks for all the help.

staticpat
06-18-2003, 07:00 PM
also whats the deal with all these new intakes. i was planning on selling mine on here, because ppl seemed really interested before. did you start mass producing ones like yours A20?