PDA

View Full Version : Oil pan gasket

Silver86LX
06-17-2003, 05:01 PM
My Accord is leaking a bit of oil from my oil pan. I need to replace the gasket but I was just wondering where could I get one?

A20A1
06-17-2003, 05:15 PM
auto parts store.

AccordEpicenter
06-17-2003, 10:16 PM
just make SURE its the pan gasket, there are alot of things in these cars that look like pan gasket leaks, and actually arent.

A20A1
06-17-2003, 10:25 PM
yeah... the oil pan gasket has one of the nicest seals... if done right it sould last you a lifetime... it's just hard to do right cause the gasket likes to slid out of place.

wipe down the block as best you can... from the valve cover to the bottom of the oil pan... the best place is that corner of the cylinder head next to # 4 spark plug. over in that area the distributor o-ring can cause a leak down the side of the head...
the valve cover gasket can...
the head gasket can...

on the right side... you've got the cam seal which can go bad...
on the back you have the filter housing... and the filter seal itself that may be leaking. also the PCV connection and box.

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-18-2003, 09:12 AM
my valve cover is what's leaking on my car. well let's see.... what all do i need now? hmmm.... valve cover gasket, probably new cv joints, fuel pump, rotors(couldn't hurt). all in all, i got some work to do, hehe and no money. happy days are here again, lets smile again and laugh again, because those happy days are here again.

Silver86LX
06-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the advice guys:)

MrBen
06-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 89accord_lxi_coupe
my valve cover is what's leaking on my car. well let's see.... what all do i need now? hmmm.... valve cover gasket, probably new cv joints, fuel pump, rotors(couldn't hurt). all in all, i got some work to do, hehe and no money. happy days are here again, lets smile again and laugh again, because those happy days are here again.

hahaha! :) That made me laugh. My valve cover gasket is leaking too. Let's have a valve cover gasket replacing party! jk :lol Nah I have to get my engine rebuilt anyway, I'll just hold out for another year or so when I actually have some money. Course the muffler has to be done before that. Oh yeah and the rear ball joint. Also the rust spots that need to be grinded and primed and painted. Yepper.

Mike89Accordcom
06-19-2003, 12:17 AM
my oil pan went bad once. Had to replace it, wasn't cheap...