PDA

View Full Version : can't find short shifter link

Immeraufdemhund
06-17-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm looking for an old thread on here that described how we could make our own. First i checked the how to/faq, then ran a search on short shifters... nothing. I remember a while ago that there was a page that said take it off cut it, turn somethign around, weld it, put it back in. And it gave some hints and tips. Any one know what i'm talking of?:confused:

shepherd79
06-18-2003, 03:09 AM
i wouldn't do it that way.
just spend some dollars on short shifter.

bobafett
06-18-2003, 08:33 AM
actually if you make your own PROPERLY it is superior.

i will try to find the link...

87hybrid wrote the how to. and he made my shifter. its a real nice tight/short throw. and i know its never ever gonna break or have the plastic bushing wear out like with the pacesetter.

however if you do buy a new one. 84-87 civic shifters will work if you can find one. and maybe it wont be as shitty as a pacesetter :D

bobafett
06-18-2003, 08:36 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5631&highlight=shifter

Immeraufdemhund
06-18-2003, 11:45 AM
thank you very much bobafett. hmmm... now that i look at it i dont remember reading that particular post, it was a bit more detailed. Hopefully i can get it figured out from that. Thanx once again.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-18-2003, 12:49 PM
http://www.melonsoft.com/crap/rice.gif

Immeraufdemhund
06-18-2003, 01:55 PM
that's freaking hilarious. In the back of my hatch though i made my own umm.... ?side skirts? to cover the back sides and to put in new speakers that are hooked up like home speakers, sounds good. just need to finish putting the trunk and sub back together

bobafett
06-18-2003, 03:57 PM
yeah matt in most cases i agree with you.

but something like this that is never seen, so its not gonna look ricey or ugly...

also by making it yourself you can control the ammount you want to modify the throw. by how much you chop off. and by changing the joint that it pivots in, you keep the shifter off the exhaust shield. also you dont have to deal with the shitty plastic ball that will break down and cause you to have a sloppy shifter....

anyway in some cases its better to fab up something yourself than by the mad tyte APC short shifter thats available (aka pacesetter garbage)

oh well.. either way its still an entertaining mod...