PDA

View Full Version : No Brakes!!!!

Janiel
06-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Whats up guys, I have a little problem with my brakes, The car won't stop! I really need to get this fixed. Ok i have changed front pads, rear shoes, rear hardware, and master cyl. What do you think it could be? The rear brakes were ajusted and the front wheels were bleed. My pedal is very very hard and there is alot of effort required to make it stop. I'am puzzled on what the hell it could be. I'am to the point where i am about to burn it to the ground. Please help.:bow:

MrBen
06-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Your cylinders might be bad. They are on the back drums.

Janiel
06-17-2003, 08:37 PM
There not leaking at all. Today i ordered a rebuilt kit for one of the cylinders to see if that is the problem.

MrBen
06-17-2003, 08:39 PM
So your car eventually comes to a stop, or is it you don't stop at all? Are you sure your pads and everything are set correctly? You didnt put them on the wrong side or anything?

Janiel
06-17-2003, 08:45 PM
No way bro i know how to change brakes i think its that there is no presure going to my braking system. it might be that it is building up some were?

MrBen
06-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Well I dont know. Now I'm thinking about it. My car is kind of like that... the pedal is QUITE firm, but I can stop no problem.

dXsquared
06-17-2003, 09:11 PM
if you can get fluid out of the wheel cylinders and calipers, then there is no fluid prob.. maybe the vacum line for the power booster is off??

Travis

TJ89Accord
06-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Yah I think its got something to do with the power brakes. Does the pedal feel the same with the car off as it does with the car on???

tim

SiR
06-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
if you can get fluid out of the wheel cylinders and calipers, then there is no fluid prob.. maybe the vacum line for the power booster is off??

Sounds like he is right. Dosent make any hissing sound when you press on the brakes while the engine is running? That would mean that the booster had failed.

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Sounds like a brake booster problem to me. If it was a fluid problem, the pedal would just go to the floor no problem. Try pressing on the pedal REAAAALLLY hard (use both feet if you need to) and see if it stops. If it does, then booster=bad (but check the vacuum hose first, and also make sure the check valve is pointing in the right direction). If you have a little hand vacuum pump, try pulling vacuum and see if it holds. If it's good it should be air tight and hold a vacuum.

shepherd79
06-18-2003, 03:23 AM
check your master cylinder again.
it could be bad.

MrBen
06-18-2003, 08:30 AM
I agree with sheperd. Check it. Make sure everything is oky doky. This was my first intuition.

ACCORD EX
06-18-2003, 02:25 PM
booster ? isn't that the thing that assists braking ?

MIKE

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
booster ? isn't that the thing that assists braking ?

MIKE
Yep! The big round thing that your master cylinder is bolted to