PDA

View Full Version : Help car is dying!!

damackz
06-07-2002, 05:22 PM
k i am having a problem with my car stalling, its an auto!!!! I got Fuel injection and laytely tha idle drops low, tha car stutters and sometimes goes off........and now like when i press the gas the car doesnt accelerate but juss coasts and turns off sometimes.....not good plz help, :(

accordlx
06-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Could be dirty fuel filters or a bad ground. You could also have a vaccuum leak. What have you checked so far?

AccordChemist
06-07-2002, 09:16 PM
this sounds alot like aella's post below this one. check it out.

damackz
06-07-2002, 10:11 PM
yeah i am going to check tha fuel filters tomm, and tha possibility of a vacuum leak nething else??! i used fuel injector cleaner but that didnt work so i am going to check tha filters tomm and possibly get a flush done on it, thing that bothers me most is when i drive and tha car doesnt move in traffic, not good :( hopefully i will fix it tomm

smufguy
06-08-2002, 08:43 AM
The issue came up a ton of times even in the old forum (AF) never use fuel injector cleaner on oru cars or older cars, cause they just clean up the shit on yoru fuel lines and clogs your fuel injectors. The dude who works on the injector flush system said many ppl who come in, did it and that (adding the injector cleaner) just messed it up for worse.

1. Check your EGR valve
2. Check your air filter
3. Check your timing and other drive belts
4. Leaking head gasket

worst case senario is that your Camshaft lobes would be fucked up.

damackz
06-09-2002, 05:41 PM
I seriously think that my fuel injectors are leaking cuz i can smell the gas, would that cause it to act up like that??? its going to a mech shop to get the fuel system flushed, but if its the injectors i could just replace that......

shepherd79
06-10-2002, 04:32 AM
well,
i have diff idea for your problem.
do you use AC? if you do make sure it is full.
i had simular problem on mine. It would run when i press the pedal but it won't idle. at the end my AC compressor went belly up, got locked up. so i took knife and cut the belt out. improved performance a lot. so know i am thinking putting a new one back and make it AC in my car or take it off and make my front 50lp lighter.
turn off ac and see if it helps with idle. if not that it is your fuel problem. may be you need a new airfilter.

damackz
06-10-2002, 03:15 PM
yeah i dont use a/c much or hardly at all, tha airfilter is in good condition so its defn a fuel problem, juss waiting to take it to get checked