PDA

View Full Version : Question on Parking Lights...

Oz87Si
06-18-2003, 05:33 AM
I think looking at the car before with the parkers on and the fog lights on. I replaced my parking light globes the other day with super bright ones so when u turn the parkers on, they're way brighter than usual and it looks mad when its dark and these are on with the fogs.

But my question is whether it could be cool to try and find some really bright yellow globes for the same thing. Just like cars that have yellow fogs and white parkers, but with mine, I might do it the other way around. I reckon it could look pretty sweet.

I'm wondering whether its against the law though, cos they look like indicators...

What you think lads??

meohmy01
06-19-2003, 04:13 PM
yellow fogs and white arkers? like an is300?

BDaccordguy
06-20-2003, 08:46 AM
i have put green markers which i thought looked cool. I have since changed to amber colored marker bulbs which in my opinion, look just awesome. I think some super white ones would look cool too.

HondaBoy
06-20-2003, 10:51 AM
that should be legal, because some cars have amber/orange or yellow front view parking lights. it can be perfectly legal. if u want some very very bright lights for your front view parking lights, get some PIAA lights. i looked at some. they are ion yellow, like some HID lights are. maybe thats what u would want. but look around for good prices before u buy them. and hey, LETS SEE SOME PIX OF YOUR CAR!!!

Oz87Si
06-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Mate I dont have a website to put the pic onto, so I'll email you some pics and you could give me an address where its at and I'll put it up.

I dont think any Australian guys have put any pics on here before...

dXsquared
06-22-2003, 05:53 PM
oh yah! there is a guy that loves to post pictures of his car and his life!

his name is grekoslav

Travis

HostileJava
06-23-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by HondaBoy
that should be legal, because some cars have amber/orange or yellow front view parking lights. it can be perfectly legal. if u want some very very bright lights for your front view parking lights, get some PIAA lights. i looked at some. they are ion yellow, like some HID lights are. maybe thats what u would want. but look around for good prices before u buy them. and hey, LETS SEE SOME PIX OF YOUR CAR!!!

Does anyone have any pictures of the amber, does it look good, why would you want this over white?

I just bought conversion housings and was wondering what bulbs I should be using, I bought 9003 for about 14 bux a piece the PIAA look like they range from $75-$125. Is there really a big difference?

DBMaster
06-23-2003, 09:48 AM
I kind of like what I did to mine. I found a halogen bulb (can't remember the number) that had the same base as the 194's in the marker lights. So, mine are white, but they are very bright. No matter what you do, though, they won't really illuminate the road as the lens is not clear and the reflector inside is not shiny enough. Same reason my 50W halogne backup light bulbs don't really do squat more than the factory bulbs did.